FS: 88' Formula 3800sc by FieroFERG
Started on: 10-11-2012 07:43 PM
Replies: 40
Last post by: ls3mach on 02-20-2013 12:51 PM
FieroFERG

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post

I bought this car about 8 months ago from FTW motor-sports in wichita... Ryan (FieroX) and his team built this car for a friend who ended up moving to texas and i bought it from him since he was not able to hang on to the car. Shortly after that i had to replace the transmission that was originally put in the car due to my ignorance. She hadn't been properly tuned and yet i still ran it pretty hard in the first few weeks after i purchased her. The old trans had hardened gears and clutch packs along with a 2500 stall, but with the new transmission i did put the hardened internals but not the 2500 stall, due to the fact that i didn't plan on racing THAT much that i needed it. I absolutely love this car and she pulls scary hard!!!, but unfortunately i need to sell her and hope she goes to a good home! Seats do have seat covers over original, and there is curb rash on the passenger rear rim. As you can tell, the car has GT front and rear bumpers, i do have GT side skirts but they're not on yet. Also, i do plan to paint the car before she goes to a new home. Planned on White with black trim and black ground FX. OH! THERE'S A FULLY FUNCTIONAL SUBARU STI REAR DECK LID SCOOP ON THE REAR, IF BUYER DOESN'T LIKE IT I'LL INCLUDE A NEW UN-MODIFIED HOOD WITH THE CAR...

Asking 6,000

140,xxx on body
52,xxx- ON MOTOR (i don't drive it daily, but i drive it about every weekend)
3800sc series II
3.25 pulley
Animal heads
COMP mild/moderate cams
ZZP 52lb injectors
FTW low alt mount }--- I KNOW THERES QUITE A BIT THAT I'M MISSING
FTW motor and trans mounts
K&N Cold air
SMC METH injection kit
Electric meth injection fuel pump
North star throttle body <--- I'm not positive on this

trans
3,3xx when installed.
Only about 200 miles on it since installation.
stock stall
hardened gears and clutch packs.

[This message has been edited by FieroFERG (edited 11-07-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
What the hell is wrong with your camera? Does the a/c work?
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 04:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
Sorry... I used my phone camera... And no the A/C does not work, sorry
BUT I'm willing to install A/C if its a deal breaker... Battery is located up front so
I'm not sure how that'll do but I will install a/c if need be...

[This message has been edited by FieroFERG (edited 10-13-2012).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

What the hell is wrong with your camera?

Lol.... Clean the camera lens!
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a PM, not sure if you get notifications when you receive them.
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
PM replied..
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'f your buying a car like this the AC should be the last thing you should be thinking about.. Its fast enough to compensate with the window's down... Very beautifuly done..
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I'f your buying a car like this the AC should be the last thing you should be thinking about.. Its fast enough to compensate with the window's down... Very beautifuly done..

Well Rick, fortunately I have enough money to decide I can have both in a vehicle! If a car is uncomfortable to drive in the summer, I won't drive it, I will just take my truck. I mean I'm not a savage, rolling up all sweaty like a sasquach to a date.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Well Rick, fortunately I have enough money to decide I can have both in a vehicle! If a car is uncomfortable to drive in the summer, I won't drive it, I will just take my truck. I mean I'm not a savage, rolling up all sweaty like a sasquach to a date.

Lmao, I hated that in all of my cars so far. Neither the fiero, grand prix, or my trans am have had working AC.

So embarrassing on those 95*+ days to be stepping out of a car with your t-shirt and shorts soaked through.
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
See, I live in ks though... It isn't too bad here. There were some days that I would get outta the car and be sticking to the seat, but it's a sacrifice I was willing to make to have one of, if not the fastest car here.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Absolutely, I hope I didn't come off as if I thought that not having AC in this car was bad. On a performance car it is to be expected, and you are absolutely right.
PFF
System Bot
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2012 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
No you didn't..

. But I do understand ls3mach, if its something he wants then okay...

[This message has been edited by FieroFERG (edited 10-14-2012).]

FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post

BABY BUMP!!!!!!!! WIFE'S WATER JUST BROKE AT 11:38 PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUMP, BUMP BUMP!!!!!
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Lmao, I hated that in all of my cars so far. Neither the fiero, grand prix, or my trans am have had working AC.

So embarrassing on those 95*+ days to be stepping out of a car with your t-shirt and shorts soaked through.

Exactly. My last 3 or 4 Fiero's haven't had functioning A/C. I'm done with that.

Absolutely, I hope I didn't come off as if I thought that not having AC in this car was bad. On a performance car it is to be expected, and you are absolutely right.

What in the hell are you talking about? Any C5 or C6 vette you buy is going to have functioning A/C, that is a "performance car". The fact that ALMOST every Fiero that gets an engine swap is due to owners cheaping out and/or half assing their projects. It really kills resale value too, I think.

Originally posted by FieroFERG:

BABY BUMP!!!!!!!! WIFE'S WATER JUST BROKE AT 11:38 PM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUMP, BUMP BUMP!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Originally posted by FieroFERG:

No you didn't..

. But I do understand ls3mach, if its something he wants then okay...

Glad you see the point. I'd like to, maybe within in the next month drive up and see this car. I have a suspicious though, that this is much more of a project than I am looking for.
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2012 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
Thank you!!!! I'm a proud daddy as of 7:50am...

And I understand your wanting to check out the car and welcome you to come and check it out, but I gurantee you it's not a project (unless by project you mean not completely finished)... Yes, interior needs gone through and also paint, oh and dont forget A/C lol... I beg you to get ahold of FieroX And double check with him. He will validate the build and hopefully subside your worries. I also forgot to add I recently had new brakes and wheel bearing hubs and bushings put on... if I could figure out how to post video I would take a video of it running and a quick drive just to show its in good running order...

[This message has been edited by FieroFERG (edited 10-14-2012).]

FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
Bump!!!
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
Oi!! Congratulations, daddy, right on!!

as far as that video.....if you can Email it to me @ esmulder@att.net
i may be able to help with that
anyway, i have my eyes on this car, but i need my construction job to break ground here in MI first.
i almost have enough cash now to make a reasonable offer but I need to hedge my bet till i get another SheetMetal job.
if that happens between now and the end of the year and if this gem is still avaible......consider it gone
as long as it can make the road trip back to Michigan?? Eh??
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

What in the hell are you talking about? Any C5 or C6 vette you buy is going to have functioning A/C, that is a "performance car". The fact that ALMOST every Fiero that gets an engine swap is due to owners cheaping out and/or half assing their projects. It really kills resale value too, I think.

Correction, I meant swapped/ built performance cars. Rarely do you find a swapped Fiero with AC, getting into the F-body game I'm seeing that too with most boosted/ crazier builds.
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

Oi!! Congratulations, daddy, right on!!

if that happens between now and the end of the year and if this gem is still avaible......consider it gone
as long as it can make the road trip back to Michigan?? Eh??

Thank you!!!! she's beautiful!!!!

and i recently took the car to oklahoma with a friend of mine to pick up another car that had been recovered by police, had no problems with it except it didn't get as good as gas mpg's as i had hoped for but still got about 20-22 on the highway. Also, i will send you the video's i currently have, one's a dyno vid and another is an acceleration video at about 3/4 throttle just because it was raining but i will get a full video of me showing the car emailed to you ASAP!!! Let me know when you get the video's!
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Correction, I meant swapped/ built performance cars. Rarely do you find a swapped Fiero with AC, getting into the F-body game I'm seeing that too with most boosted/ crazier builds.

I think it probably has something to do with the initial cost of the cars. IE F-Bodies and P-Bodies sold for $10,000-$30,000 new.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

No Diss here but I have to disagree. Living in Texas I would never buy or build a car without AC it is the first thing I would want. Every engine swap I have done has AC on it. I just found one of my dream cars a 1969 factory 427 4 speed car and passed because it was not an AC car. Never settle for something that is not what you want.
PFF
System Bot
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

No Diss here but I have to disagree. Living in Texas I would never buy or build a car without AC it is the first thing I would want. Every engine swap I have done has AC on it. I just found one of my dream cars a 1969 factory 427 4 speed car and passed because it was not an AC car. Never settle for something that is not what you want.

No diss taken, I completely agree, in kansas I don't feel like its something that is needed... But in other states A/C might be needed more than here... So it's really up to the builder/owner of the car. If its a deal breaker for the potential buyer than I'll do what I can to get A/C set up for them.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
whoops...sorry. it got busy over here for a minute.
Viddy this.........i want to hear that in my garage.
i did just get an extention on my Unemployment. so i made it halfway...now for a real job.
to take this all the way................... to my house!!

http://www.myspace.com/vide...er-19-2012/109048448

http://www.myspace.com/video/rid/111627647

are you 10 mph rolling on that speed-o video or is your gauge off?? i get "10 to 80" in about 11-12 secs.??
nice
yes?? no??

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 10-19-2012).]

FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2012 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
Ya I feel ya lol... And I was doing 10mph rolling... And 10 mph to 80mph was 8 seconds... I clocked it from the moment I stepped on the throttle...
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
Sunday bump day!
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2012 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
Bump
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2012 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
Price drop

[This message has been edited by FieroFERG (edited 10-24-2012).]

FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2012 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
Bump
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
NEW PRICE BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brotherhood_of_nod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brotherhood_of_nodSend a Private Message to brotherhood_of_nodDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent. I can't believe this is not taken, tbh.
PFF
System Bot
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2012 05:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
Pm replied!
FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2012 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
Come on!!!!

[This message has been edited by FieroFERG (edited 11-09-2012).]

junny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for junnySend a Private Message to junnyDirect Link to This Post
is this still for sale? did you ever get dyno numbers on the engine?
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
PM your # if it is available. thx

Greg
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
Did you paint this and repost it on CL or did this get sold?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/3616131960.html

------------------
More Ovaltine please!

FieroFERG

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFERGSend a Private Message to FieroFERGDirect Link to This Post
I sold it about 4-5 months ago... damn, looks pretty good!
ls3mach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
UGLY.

My apologies.

[This message has been edited by ls3mach (edited 02-20-2013).]

Dune

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DuneSend a Private Message to DuneDirect Link to This Post
Especially since he apparently put a new 10,000 mile motor in it.
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

Did you paint this and repost it on CL or did this get sold?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/3616131960.html

That car is actually on a car lot in Joplin Missouri now. I saw it the other day and stopped to take a look.

[This message has been edited by Silentassassin185 (edited 02-20-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock