Aux Factory Radios by Phirewire
Started on: 09-10-2012 01:13 AM
Replies: 19
Last post by: NightMare Cruiser on 07-19-2013 08:33 PM
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
I've recently learned and installed a Aux Input (MP3 3.5mm jack) on the factory AC delco radios. I can do this to most radios and will sell them as I do them if there is interest.

How it Works:
When you plug your Auxillery Cable into the jack, it will automatically override your radio, it doesn't delete the cassette, or CD player and it doesn't have shitty FM transmitter quality.

Video of Mine working: (tomorrow)

Photos of Mine: ( Mine is being installed so the Input is next to cig lighter, for factory look)

[The Jack]

[Aux In, and Out]

[Where it will be installed in my Car, also thinking about an install that mounts in the Ash Tray]

Pricing:
Not quite sure on this, mine I did on the cheap to ensure it works, I used speaker wire, soder and electrical tape. I would most likely buy better gauge wire, and shrink tube for customers which will raise the price quite a bit. (Unless otherwise requested, mine has no problems with the gauge and electrical tape) Also debating on if I want to charge extra, or accept donations (all profit would go back to the community in parts and mods, for my cars enjoyment).

Please let me know if your interested and what you think it would be worth, installs can be setup for ash tray, next to 12v Lighter, and into the radio itself. The package would include [ A Radio, and INput set to wherever you want it to go ] also debating on selling a kit or allowing members to ship there own radios in to have it done.

My finished install:

[This message has been edited by Phirewire (edited 09-24-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2012 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
[place holder]

I've seen these sell for around $200 and I'm not looking for near that much.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Direct Link to This Post
I would be interested. I have been looking at the aux in radios on ebay.

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 09-24-2012).]

Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
What would the charge be on an exchange basis?

We have a 2000 Grand Prix GTP with the Bose System, its a great setup, 8 speakers with Factory AMP in the trunk, HUD Display for Radio stations Steering wheel control's and all the cool stuff, but the CD Changer in the trunk quit working, leaving us with basically a really amazing "Tape Deck" LOL. We have tried Cassette Adapters, several FM Modulators and hate them all. I decent line level input would be great. If I were to pull the head unit and ship it to you, what kinda fee would there be to install a jack like this. We had a local guy that was doing them about 10 years ago, and he would actually drill a small hole in the front of the stereo and mount the jack their. So you don't have to run external wires or drill any parts of the interior. He has long since disappeared though.

------------------
857GT Part 85GT Part 87GT Part Caddy, 93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Now with Nitrous. Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
I have some photos of my finished Aux on my Delilah build, If i can get my hands on more radios I'll put them in.
Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post

Phirewire

1531 posts
Member since May 2012

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

What would the charge be on an exchange basis?

We have a 2000 Grand Prix GTP with the Bose System, its a great setup, 8 speakers with Factory AMP in the trunk, HUD Display for Radio stations Steering wheel control's and all the cool stuff, but the CD Changer in the trunk quit working, leaving us with basically a really amazing "Tape Deck" LOL. We have tried Cassette Adapters, several FM Modulators and hate them all. I decent line level input would be great. If I were to pull the head unit and ship it to you, what kinda fee would there be to install a jack like this. We had a local guy that was doing them about 10 years ago, and he would actually drill a small hole in the front of the stereo and mount the jack their. So you don't have to run external wires or drill any parts of the interior. He has long since disappeared though.

Honestly, most expensive thing is shipping. What I do is tap into the amplifier signal. It cost 3$ for the little aux port, dollar or two of wire, and dollar or so shrink tube. Not sure if your stereo is the same as the ones I know, but I assume so. Shippings prob 10$ there and back. And I could probably do it for donation, and I can put the aux port on a wire to install on your truck somewhere or straight on the face of the radio.
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Still doing this??
Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
I can do it, or I can walk you threw it. Had a PM from another member already who I am gonna walk threw.
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

I can do it, or I can walk you threw it. Had a PM from another member already who I am gonna walk threw.

This is the type of radio I have. http://www.ebay.com/itm/198...em20d02731f8&vxp=mtr

I tried once before trying to do this and the instructions didn't work on this or another identical radio

Any help would be great. My tape player is dying and I really want to keep the radio stock looking

[This message has been edited by NightMare Cruiser (edited 03-17-2013).]

jaredmurray88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Direct Link to This Post
Could I get a walk through also? All the threads I have read left the modder with a dead head unit in the end and I would love this in my 83 berlinetta
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
Phirewire sent you an email with the pictures you asked for
thanks in advance for your help
PFF
System Bot
Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2013 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
Anyone who post will recieve a write up in the next day or two. Whats required- Wire, the adapter (radioshack item)(I WILL LINK), and sodder or clips.

When doing this be ware, the wires inside your radio are sometimes very delicate, I've ruined quite a few with the thing wire, and pulling it off the board and such. RE soddering to the board is not fun.
Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
I was going to the how to section to post how, and I saw someone else had a method. After reading over it, its the same way I did mine, but he made it more complicated.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum9/HTML/000021.html

Basically all that but, I don't pull anything off the front.

Open the top, tap into the amplifier lines, nO need to pull anything out other than the top main board gently.
jaredmurray88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaredmurray88Send a Private Message to jaredmurray88Direct Link to This Post
The way thats posted never worked though. Maybe I over read the secret to making it work.. if there is a K.I.S.S way I would love to hear it and many others would like it also
Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
Expect a write up in a week or two then, I used mine for several months, no issues. I'll read over his and check his wiring, when I get the chance. Just got a new job and 2 new fieros. Age 18 and I've already owned 4 fieros.
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Yea those directions won't and don't work on my radio
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Still not sure what I did wrong in that thread, never did get it to work.

On one test I burned out the left channel in my iPod.

I will be following this closely.

Steve.
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2013 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Any luck?? I need the Aux. installed
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Bump??
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Great write up!! Just did mine!! Works great!! http://eurosportvr.com/ Click on the (NEW! DIY GM Delco AUX input instructions) in the middle of the page!!

[This message has been edited by NightMare Cruiser (edited 07-19-2013).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock