Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: More GENTEX self dimming mirrors with Compass AND TEMP + Sensor

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FS: More GENTEX self dimming mirrors with Compass AND TEMP + Sensor by Mike OHIO
Started on: 07-28-2012 04:04 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: Mike OHIO on 08-08-2012 07:22 PM
Mike OHIO

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
I have some more inventory, finally. These are used GM factory Gentex self dimming mirrors. Includes wiring and compass calibration instructions. As always, price includes shipping to the lower 48 US.

compass with temp are sold out. Self dim with just compass....$20 shipped to your door anywhere in the lower 48 USA

A: sold out

B: sold out

C: Gentex self dimming with compass only: I have 5 of these available: 20 shipped

First one to buy two can have this "vintage" metal Pontiac license tag. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but its solid.

[This message has been edited by Mike OHIO (edited 08-05-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Let me be the first to jump in and recommend these.
I've got one and love it!
Mike is also an excellent person to deal with. You could do a lot worse, for a lot more money.

ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2012 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Direct Link to This Post
PM sent.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Let me be the first to jump in and recommend these.
I've got one and love it!
Mike is also an excellent person to deal with. You could do a lot worse, for a lot more money.

Thanks for the kind words!

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
PM sent...
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
All PMs returned.
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
Do they come with the pigtails? I might be wanting one of these for my t.a. its mirror have the courtesy lights but i never use them.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlawfiero17:

Do they come with the pigtails? I might be wanting one of these for my t.a. its mirror have the courtesy lights but i never use them.

Yes, they have the pigtails/ wiring harness included.
currie68

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for currie68Send a Private Message to currie68Direct Link to This Post
whats the differance between a and b
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by currie68:

whats the differance between a and b

A- you have to toggle between temp and comp on the display, it only displays one at any given time
B- displays both temp and compass at the same time.

So far, both A units are spoken for, pending payment.
gmctyphoon1992

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Direct Link to This Post
How hard is it to put in?

Any parts that dont come with the mirror that need to be bought in excess?

Also do you have any more that have the comp and temp still?

[This message has been edited by gmctyphoon1992 (edited 07-29-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 06:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gmctyphoon1992:

How hard is it to put in?

Any parts that dont come with the mirror that need to be bought in excess?

Also do you have any more that have the comp and temp still?

They're very easy to put in. They mount to the stock windsheild button- remove stock mirror with a torx 15 and slide on the new mirror. Wiring is straight forward, you will need to wire a ground and a 12v switched- I ususually run off the radio fuse on the fuse block. Wiring the temp probe consists of just matching the temp probe wires to the wires on the mirror harness. All this is outlined in the instructions that I send with the mirror.

I have 1 comp/ temp unit left, item B in the first post.

I send everything that you will need to install. Except that you will need to supply your own wire to extend the harness out to your ground and power.

[This message has been edited by Mike OHIO (edited 07-30-2012).]

gmctyphoon1992

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Direct Link to This Post
Sounds easy enough..

but im more interested in the first style.. i know both of those are sold.. you looking to have another few of those soon?
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gmctyphoon1992:

Sounds easy enough..

but im more interested in the first style.. i know both of those are sold.. you looking to have another few of those soon?

...and someone just bought the only one of the second style as well. They compass and temp units go quick. I may have one tonight, ill pm you when I get back in tonight.
gmctyphoon1992

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2012 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gmctyphoon1992Send a Private Message to gmctyphoon1992Direct Link to This Post
sounds good.. I appreciate it

thanks
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent, thanks for holding one for me!

Thanks,
AL
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
ALL compass + temps are sold out.

Price drop on the self dim with just compass....22 shipped
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
Get another with temp and I'll buy it.
Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

Get another with temp and I'll buy it.

Working on getting some.

I have several self dimming with just compass available. 20 shipped to your door
CheshireGrin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CheshireGrinSend a Private Message to CheshireGrinDirect Link to This Post
Bit of a strange question but is there any way the temp ones could be made to read engine temp (water temp?).. Just curious
Ryan
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2012 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CheshireGrin:

Bit of a strange question but is there any way the temp ones could be made to read engine temp (water temp?).. Just curious
Ryan

The temp sensors work on a varying resistance. So do the engine temp sensors.
1. The calibration would have to be the same. i.e., Both would have to be the same resistance at the same temperature.
2. I'm not sure the range of the display will go that high. (I know they will do 100+, however. Pretty sure they won't go over 199.)

Not really a definitive answer, but maybe that will help.
PFF
System Bot
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
pshhhh who cares what is behind ya.
j/k nice mirrors
701GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTDirect Link to This Post
highest temp it will go in my truck is 140 then it just flashes ya might check this place out http://radar-mirror.com/index.html

Originally posted by Raydar:

The temp sensors work on a varying resistance. So do the engine temp sensors.
1. The calibration would have to be the same. i.e., Both would have to be the same resistance at the same temperature.
2. I'm not sure the range of the display will go that high. (I know they will do 100+, however. Pretty sure they won't go over 199.)

Not really a definitive answer, but maybe that will help.

[This message has been edited by 701GT (edited 08-07-2012).]

Mike OHIO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike OHIOSend a Private Message to Mike OHIODirect Link to This Post
5 self dim with compass available. $20 shipped or 2 for 35 and 3 for 50. PM for a deal on all 5!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock