88 2.5 5 speed with cold AC For sale 600.00 FIRM!!!! Orlando Florida by Basic88
Started on: 07-22-2012 01:39 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 07-24-2012 07:55 PM
Basic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Basic88Send a Private Message to Basic88Direct Link to This Post
My 1988 Fiero 2.5 5 speed (Isuzu) needs a new home. A/C is the only option. No rear spoiler or luggage rack....crank up windows. Tilt wheel no cruise. To make a long story short this is my daily driver. I bought this car 3 years ago and have put over 40,000 miles on her. The timing gears have crapped out and Im done with her. I put new gears on last year and the cam gear it worked itself loose after 50 miles.(pressed on piece of crap!!!) So I tore her back down and drilled and tapped a hole on the end of the cam and bolted the gear to it. It has been fine for 7,000 miles but it sounds as though the bolt has worked out and the gear (a melling aluminum) is trying to work its way through the timing cover. Im done with this car. I know that an 88 is the sweetest year and thought someone may want to breath new life into her or use for parts. She has a lot of new parts over the time that I have owned her. just off the tiop of my head.....Theres a new clutch master and slave. brake pads all the way around. One new rear caliper. Alternater, Water pump {BOSCH) Serpintine belt .... Four seasons A/C compresser (still blows cold!). I just put new Bosch lifetime plug wires and AC Delco plugs in her a week ago not pretty by any means but she is mostly all there and still runs. Maybe for a few hundred miles maybe to the end of the driveway. It sounds like ball bearing in a dryer right now I felt VERY lucky to make it home yesterday. I am just floating this out here because I hate to send any old car to the crusher. But thats where she will be next Monday (7/30) if no one buys her. I have no idea how to post pics on here. but if there is something you would like to see or know about write me and I can email the pics to you. thanks for your time and happy motoring! P.S. please be patient I work both day and nights but I will check back in as much as I can. zip code is 32822.[size=2][/size]
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Not a bad deal for something so close to running...
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
damn, 4 months early!! I won't be back in FL til Dec.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com 87 Gt-5spd-62k miles.

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
How many miles on the chassis? Has it been in Florida all its life? Boy if you were closer. Sounds like a great car to drop another 2.5 into. Boy I hate to see them sent to the crusher. So many parts that are hard to find.
Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
UGH!! Why is it the best deals are so far away!!

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet) in restoration
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089093.html
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (Bella) in restoration
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

Basic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Basic88Send a Private Message to Basic88Direct Link to This Post
The chassis has 171,000 miles. The passenger side of the cradle has rust near the attachment points of the suspension I was going to cut and weld up some braces soon and then por15 the whole thing. Install new Gabrial VSR struts ( they dont come with the car) and have all 4 wheels aligned next. No holes in the trunk and battery tray in tact the floor boards and other usual places to look are good. A few small holes in the boots in 2 of the 6 grease points up front but I have always kept them lubed and the steering is tight. I drove it 70 miles an hour on the highway a lot with no slop or drifting. It has fairly new shocks on the front just before I bought it. The rear struts are toast I got it from a kid in Florida but really dont know its history.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
Put a 3800 na in it and keep driving it..
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
What part of central Florida are you in ?

Could you PM me a contact number ?
Basic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 05:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Basic88Send a Private Message to Basic88Direct Link to This Post
I live about 3 miles from Orlando International Airport....... PM me your Email address and I will send you some pics when I can (Probably tuesday) .....number sent
Basic88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Basic88Send a Private Message to Basic88Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for all the intrest and the wealth of knowledge from this forum. My car has been SOLD!! And no offense to those of you that live to work on these cars everyday and wonder "What that noise is?.....or why that quit working today?" I dont care to ever LOOK at another Fiero as long as I live!
Ryanstalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RyanstalinSend a Private Message to RyanstalinDirect Link to This Post
dont let one fiero ruin the whole bunch for you. the 2.5 and isuzu are both not as good components, now get a getrag and 2.8 they are more realiable from what Ive seen. but hey fiero's are not everyones thing. the few and the proud.
PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Basic88:

Thanks for all the intrest and the wealth of knowledge from this forum. My car has been SOLD!! And no offense to those of you that live to work on these cars everyday and wonder "What that noise is?.....or why that quit working today?" I dont care to ever LOOK at another Fiero as long as I live!

Its surprising how some people can judge a 24 year old car harshly. Do you expect a car that old and with that much mileage to last forever and to not to have any problems? Fieros are not new or even recent vintage automobiles.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock