Super Duty 4 Head with Webbers SD4 by Dragracer
Started on: 07-16-2012 03:12 PM
Replies: 31
Last post by: Dragracer on 02-23-2014 11:38 AM
Dragracer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys, yes I just registered, but not new to the site. Anyways my project has changed directions and have a couple pieces left over. I have a new never been used. Casting #10027775 SD Head. The bowls have been polished. Has new New 1.94/1.6 Valves and springs. New Cannon Intake with new Webber 45 Carbs with all linkage and lines. New Edelbrock valve cover. Also have a new Hooker Header that ceramic coated. Would like $1600 OBO Located in Wenatchee, WA

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Being poor sucks.
Fosgatecavy98

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fosgatecavy98Send a Private Message to Fosgatecavy98Direct Link to This Post
Where is the casting number on these heads?
Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fosgatecavy98:

Where is the casting number on these heads?

Under the valve cover. You can see it in the third picture

mrossum

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrossumSend a Private Message to mrossumDirect Link to This Post
a guy can only dream.....
Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2012 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post
Will take $1300 plus Shipping

[This message has been edited by Dragracer (edited 07-21-2012).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2012 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragracer:

Will take $1300 plus Shipping

Low demand and premium price is the problem facing a quick sale of SD4 engines and parts. Today SD4 parts only sell to a low demand select market. The engines time has past. You are trying to sell Fiero owners a $1300 head that could purchase a good used complete 3800SC or Ecotec engine for $1300. Good luck selling the setup but todays SD4 is the strong, light and powerful Ecotec. The SD4 stuff is just about obsolete.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2012 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Dennis. Can't you find a thread in "Tech" to piss on? Jeez.
Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post
$1300 Shipped

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2012 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
has the head been magged? and if so.. post the report/invoice..
if you are looking for 1300.oo I'd spend the 30-50 dollars to have it magged, and the hour or 2 to pull the valves out and put it back together..
any one that would be looking into this. like an indy owner . will not even think about making an offer untill he/she knows it's not a door stop..
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Direct Link to This Post
$1,300 is a steal for a motor that cost $9,000 new in the crate.
PFF
System Bot
SlowGuitarMan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowGuitarManSend a Private Message to SlowGuitarManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

$1,300 is a steal for a motor that cost $9,000 new in the crate.

This isn't an engine; it's $1300 for a head and headers.
Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SlowGuitarMan:

With carbs, intake, linkage, fuel lines and valve cover. If someone is serious about it i will have it magged, but this head has never been used. My friend bought it brand new back in 1988, and has just been sitting on a shelf. All of these parts have never been used. Carbs have never seen gas, the header has never been bolted on. .

hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SlowGuitarMan:

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post

$1300 for a head and headers with carbs, intake, linkage, fuel lines and valve cover.

Decent price. I sold the Weber setup that came on my Indy's SD4 for $700 on eBay.

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post
Sold the head, still have the header, new never used. $175 Shipped
mrossum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrossumSend a Private Message to mrossumDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Low demand and premium price is the problem facing a quick sale of SD4 engines and parts. Today SD4 parts only sell to a low demand select market. The engines time has past. You are trying to sell Fiero owners a $1300 head that could purchase a good used complete 3800SC or Ecotec engine for $1300. Good luck selling the setup but todays SD4 is the strong, light and powerful Ecotec. The SD4 stuff is just about obsolete.

dennis,

do you ever have anything complimentary to say to someone with a 4 cyl?
kmd85

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kmd85Send a Private Message to kmd85Direct Link to This Post
Would like more details on the header. It doesn't look like the other Hooker headers that I've seen, do you have the part number? What is the outlet size and where does it exit?
Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2012 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kmd85:

Would like more details on the header. It doesn't look like the other Hooker headers that I've seen, do you have the part number? What is the outlet size and where does it exit?

Part number is 2221. Think it was one of the first versions, not made anymore. It exist under the oil pan straight back. Has 3" collector, and a think flange. Never been on a running motor.

Boxdin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2012 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoxdinSend a Private Message to BoxdinDirect Link to This Post
Yea, I've had at least a dozen 88 Formulas including a brand new one in 88 and these days I have found the 4cyl lighter, faster on my home track www.swms.org
and a lot easier to fix. Crank fired ign, no distributor, single TB easy to overhaul or whatever and the list of 4cyl advantages goes on. Only 300 cc difference btwn the two,
I found the six to be slow, fat, and a pain in the a** to work on. I'm 60 now and still do 100% of my own work, so that may be one reason why I like such a simple but quick car. Yes its not blindingly fast, but I come from the Datsun 510 old school where driving precision beat HP every time, nailing the apex every corner, maximizing speed thru corners, good brakes etc have put me in front many times.
Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post
Still have the Header
PFF
System Bot
Hidalgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HidalgoSend a Private Message to HidalgoDirect Link to This Post
Those headers look awesome. They must sound even better once they're installed.

If I want to keep my EFI setup and use this header, what do I do about the oxygen sensor? Can I drill a hole for it near the flange? And if I do, will that work well without reprogramming the ECM?
Also, will this header fit on a stock 88 Duke head without modifications?

[This message has been edited by Hidalgo (edited 12-18-2013).]

Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post
Yes it will fit a stock head. This one doesn't have a O2 bung. I would put one in the exhaust right after the header so the ceramic coating wouldn't be affected.

Originally posted by Hidalgo:

Those headers look awesome. They must sound even better once they're installed.

If I want to keep my EFI setup and use this header, what do I do about the oxygen sensor? Can I drill a hole for it near the flange? And if I do, will that work well without reprogramming the ECM?
Also, will this header fit on a stock 88 Duke head without modifications?

mrossum

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrossumSend a Private Message to mrossumDirect Link to This Post

Yes it will fit a stock head. This one doesn't have a O2 bung. I would put one in the exhaust right after the header so the ceramic coating wouldn't be affected.

do you have any idea about starter clearance? looks like it might be real colse to starter, and as such, starter replacement might be a little bit of a bear.

------------------
87 coupe 4 cyl, 5 speed

Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post
It will clear the starter fine. But will definitely be harder to change. Sorry no pics of when i had it mocked up on the stand..

Originally posted by mrossum:

do you have any idea about starter clearance? looks like it might be real colse to starter, and as such, starter replacement might be a little bit of a bear.

Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2014 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post
bump
mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksDirect Link to This Post
Will the header work with an 84' with minimum modification?

[This message has been edited by mckaymotoworks (edited 02-18-2014).]

Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mckaymotoworks:

Will the header work with an 84' with minimum modification?

Yes it will, just won't connect to a stock exhaust system.

Dspoeth

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DspoethSend a Private Message to DspoethDirect Link to This Post
Pm Sent
legutt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leguttSend a Private Message to leguttDirect Link to This Post
I want your header. Please contact me. 870-219-1414 central time. b91719@suddenlink.net
Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post
Sorry. PM's Sent. Sale PENDING

PFF
System Bot
Dragracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DragracerSend a Private Message to DragracerDirect Link to This Post

Dragracer

15 posts
Member since Jul 2012
SOLD

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock