LF Clean Pre88 Frame by 86GTFastback
Started on: 07-03-2012 10:37 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: 86GTFastback on 07-10-2012 09:00 AM
86GTFastback

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post
This is probably a tall order, but if you don't ask, you'll never get anything.

I'm basically looking for a rust-free frame within a days drive of central OH. I'm in mid-swap of my car and uncovered a lot of rust in the trunk area/frame rails. I'm repariing it, but I'm in the market for a frame to eventually replace mine. I'm hoping someone has a parts car or something that they'd just like to get rid of, pre 88 preferrably, but I won't complain

Not wrecked, no rust, pre 88 with a clean title. If someone has just a frame/ or close to it (I can trailer it), sitting around they'd like removed for little or nothing, let me know!

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jromer81

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jromer81Send a Private Message to jromer81Direct Link to This Post
I have an 86 SE car that was originally a Florida car so the floor pans and everything are rust free. Here are some pics it was a 2.8L with a 4speed. Everything for the trans is still in it the motor is down to the block I wanted it for a swap that never happened. The person who owned it before cut the battery tray out because that was rusting other then that it would be great as a donor car. I'm looking to get rid of it ill take $200 for it if you want it let me know.

86GTFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post
Wow that was fast, just sent you a pm for some pictures of the trunk. The underside is the cleanest I've seen.
jromer81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jromer81Send a Private Message to jromer81Direct Link to This Post
I know the trunk is clean but ill take some pics tomorrow and post them for you to take a look at.
86GTFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jromer81:

I know the trunk is clean but ill take some pics tomorrow and post them for you to take a look at.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. My only other questions would be the mileage on the body (really doesn't matter, I'm just curious), if has been wrecked and if you have the title.
jromer81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jromer81Send a Private Message to jromer81Direct Link to This Post
Car was never wrecked it spent its whole life in Florida until I brought it up to Michigan. Car had 126, 000 on it but like you said if you are just using the frame no big deal. It has a clean Michigan title. What year Fiero were you in the middle of rebuilding when you found all of the rust??
86GTFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post
Its an 86 gt 4speed, I'm going to finish the swap and patch up what rust i can on this car. Should be a pretty easy transfer of all the mods I've done/doing to that one. Basically nothing stock under the rear end but the tranny, and a rebuild of the front suspension and brake upgrade were in the works too.
jromer81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jromer81Send a Private Message to jromer81Direct Link to This Post
Here are those pictures of the trunk. In the corners where they usually rust out this one looks brand new.

Steve25

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve25Send a Private Message to Steve25Direct Link to This Post
Put me in line! Just what I am looking for.

------------------
Steve AT 88GTP DOT com
88 GT\3800 SC\L67\L26\4T65E-HD
NIC Cam\Comp Cam Hi-Tech 1.8 rockers\Rhoads XL Lifters
eBay Headers\Magnaflow Camaro muffler, 3.4 pulley
DH Tune

Wanna go faster?

jromer81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jromer81Send a Private Message to jromer81Direct Link to This Post
If the first person doesn't want it then it's up for grabs! I need it gone or the wife is going to kill me!!
86GTFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pictures.

Have you checked the upper rear frame rails? I'm assuming they are good given the cleanliness of the rest of the car. Thats the main concern on mine is why I'm asking.
PFF
System Bot
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
Very nice and so close to me.... Now if I can find an 88 for one of mine..... Good luck
jromer81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jromer81Send a Private Message to jromer81Direct Link to This Post
Yes I had the rear clip off of the car when I was getting ready to take the 2.8 out and the upper frame rails are just as clean as everything else. Like I said originally this car was a florida car it's entire life until I brought it to Michigan and it's been garage stored since it's been up here.
86GTFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post
Sent pm earlier.
jromer81

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jromer81Send a Private Message to jromer81Direct Link to This Post
Car has been sold to 86GTFastback for those of you who were interested in the car.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
for future reference, if the battery tray was rusted and the rest of the car was clean, chances are that the battery was leaking, or exploded, thats the ONLY cause ive found for a rust free car to have alot of rust around the battery tray, my 84 model is starting to show alittle rust around the battery tray and its because of a leaking battery, mine only has 41,000 miles on it.

matthew
86GTFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

for future reference, if the battery tray was rusted and the rest of the car was clean, chances are that the battery was leaking, or exploded, thats the ONLY cause ive found for a rust free car to have alot of rust around the battery tray, my 84 model is starting to show alittle rust around the battery tray and its because of a leaking battery, mine only has 41,000 miles on it.

matthew

Good to know, I just assumed rain got trapped under the insulation and sat and rusted it out.
86GTFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GTFastbackSend a Private Message to 86GTFastbackDirect Link to This Post

86GTFastback

347 posts
Member since Apr 2009

Originally posted by jromer81:

Car has been sold to 86GTFastback for those of you who were interested in the car.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock