Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Summer Car - Heavily modifed 3800SC Fiero for sale (with custom Italian body panels)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Summer Car - Heavily modifed 3800SC Fiero for sale (with custom Italian body panels) by kru
Started on: 07-01-2012 05:21 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: kru on 11-20-2012 02:46 PM
kru

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Sadly, I am selling (trading?) my pride and joy. Not by choice, really. I have 3 herniated discs in my back and can no longer drive it comfortably for trips anywhere other than around town. I have a son who is close to turning 16, but I'm worried it's simply going to be too much car for him. I'd rather see a Fiero lover take ownership of her and drive her more regularly.

So here's the run-down. It started life as a black and silver 86 GT. It's well beyond stock now. Before I purchased it (@5 years ago), a 3800SC transplant was performed from a Grand Prix GTP, including the auto tranny with performance/mileage mode switch mounted in the car. I was told it was a 60k motor. The computer from the GP is mounted in the trunk, as you can see from one of the photos. A Dakota Digital interface was installed at the time of the transplant. The odometer has 118k on it but there's not a whole lot left on the car that has that many miles on it.

Since then (all within the last 5000 miles), it has had the following performed/installed (mostly by Russ Brown in Mattoon, IL):

INTERIOR:
Power (working) leather seats from a Trans Am (2001?)
New carpet
New headliner
Custom door panels to match seats
White gauges with adjustable color back-lighting
Remote door locks (with key fob)
GM CD player
New speakers
Various new switches
Various interior trim pieces swapped out
Custom steering wheel

EXTERIOR:
New 17 inch American Racing wheels
New 17 inch tires (Continental, I think)
Lowering kit
Italian replica fiberglass nose
Italian replica fiberglass taillight panel (made by kahines)
AusFiero custom side scoops
New replica sail panels
Entire car painted 2000 Corvette millenium yellow at a local shop
Headlight covers ground and filled
Custom reverse lights

MECHANICAL:
Complete custom stainless exhaust
Resized supercharger pulley installed for mild boost gain
Rack and pinion replaced
New brake hoses, calipers and pads
Rotors were planed/milled
New shocks
Headlight motor gears replaced
Cone intake installed (located inside scoop on side panel)
Full poly bushing kit

This car is fast and fun and gets LOTS of looks and compliments. It has always been garaged and is usually covered. It has a nice throaty rumble because of the custom exhaust and the supercharger really screams when you get on it. It's close to a show quality car externally. In fact, prior to it's being semi-retired, I entered it in a few shows. The engine compartment would need cleaned up and there are a few relatively minor things that you will probably want to take care of if you're going to show it and/or drive it regularly:

The speedometer does not register correctly. The Dakota Digital module handles this. Somewhere along the line of working on this, I think one or more of the switches got bumped. I don't have the manual to figure out what they need set to but I am told Dakota Digital can provide one. I didn't drive the car enough for it to bother me. It registers roughly 1/3 the speed, so it was easy for me to figure out.

The idler pulley needs replaced or maybe just adjusted. At full acceleration, it squeals at gear-shifts. You have to be getting on it for it too happen but it's there.

There are two small cracks in the fiberglass front-end. They don't appear to be anything major or structural. I bumped a parking block one time and I think this is when they surfaced. (This car sits low!!) I have a couple pictures where I tried to capture them. I will include the original GT nose in case you want to go back to stock at some point.

There is no grill in the front-end. It is a matter of taste, I guess. I didn't mind the open look but a grill would be a fairly easy add-on.

I have it priced at $8000. I am firm on that for now because I don't have to sell it. I do drive it. Just not on long trips. I have $12k in it. I would consider trades but ONLY for a decent newer pick-up truck or possibly a Jeep Wrangler/CJ. Please don't offer any trades for anything other than a Jeep or a truck. The answer will be "no". You can reach me at kevin@replacementradios.com. If you PM me here, it might be a while before I get back to you. Email works much better for me...

Here are a few pictures. I have more available.

[img]http:\\replacementradios.com\images\front.jpg[/img]
[img]http:\\replacementradios.com\images\rear.jpg[/img]
[img]http:\\replacementradios.com\images\left_side.jpg[/img]
[img]http:\\replacementradios.com\images\right_side.jpg[/img]
[img]http:\\replacementradios.com\images\inside_left.jpg[/img]
[img]http:\\replacementradios.com\images\engine.jpg[/img]

They didn't show up like I expected them but FieroGuru was nice enough to link to them below. Or you should be able to cut and paste them into your browser address line.

[This message has been edited by kru (edited 07-15-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Randy93552

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Randy93552Send a Private Message to Randy93552Direct Link to This Post
I have a 1977 jeep j10 golden eagle with a 401. You said jeep or truck, would a jeep truck count?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Kevin, been a long time since I have seen you post! Sorry to hear about the back issues, but glad to see that you still have the yellow fiero.

Do you still have the 88 coupe?

Here are the pics:

kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
How goes it Paul? Yes, I still have the 88 coupe. Never did anything with it other than throw some wheels on it. Same as on the yellow one only in 15". I have pictures of it and will be listing it soon as well.

Randy - If it is going to be a truck, it needs to be a newer one. As for Jeep, it's Wrangler or equivalent only. Sorry.
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
Regarding trading for a truck, I was thinking a smaller one like a Ranger, S10, Colorado, etc. Something a 16 year old can drive fairly easily. But I guess I would consider a full-size too...
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
There are a few other spare parts that will go with it in addition to the GT nose. I know I have a new sunroof seal, some spare stock door panels and probably a few other things.
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
The odometer has 118k on it. There's not a whole lot left on the car with that kind of mileage on it though...
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2012 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
bump
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
I found the original GT wheels in the garage. I will include those too.
SlateTheGreat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlateTheGreatSend a Private Message to SlateTheGreatDirect Link to This Post
still for sale?
Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post
Why not give your son a Base Fiero, Not offering just inquiring. 2 seats can keep him out of trouble with the law.
PFF
System Bot
kru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kruClick Here to visit kru's HomePageSend a Private Message to kruDirect Link to This Post
It is still for sale. A family member had some medical issues and I hadn't been actively trying to sell it again until a couple days ago.

As for why I didn't want to give the other base model 88 to my so, it wasn't me who objected...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock