FS - Whodeanie Rear Bumper - Rottinchop Style by Axdrenalin
Started on: 06-21-2012 07:33 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Axdrenalin on 10-18-2013 11:35 PM
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
EDIT: New price below. Come take this off my hands!

I took my oldest son to the orthodontist today to get the process started on his braces that he's needing. I left the office with a bit of sticker shock, as its going to total up to over 5k dollars. Maybe I'm just a bit out of touch, but since I've not ever dealt with having to get braces before...well, let's just say I wasn't as prepared as I hoped I would be. I'm going to have to find a way to come up with a bit of extra money, and as much as it pains me to do so, I'm going to offer up my rear bumper that I purchased from Whodeanie a few months ago. This is the second bumper created from the original mold Dean pulled from the Rottinchop, and it's set quietly in my shop since the day I brought it home, totally stock and untouched. I've pulled these images below from Dean's original thread about the Rottinchop, but please contact me if you need additional pictures and I'll be happy to get out my camera and send them to you. It's black as the last two pictures show.

Would prefer local pickup or getting together in a semi-regional location. I live in the upper NE part of Tennessee for reference. I have no experience shipping things this large, so I'd rather not take that route. Also not looking for any trades (please read my intro above).

Asking $500 NOW $300 if you'll come and get it. Thanks for your consideration...

[This message has been edited by Axdrenalin (edited 10-17-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post
I want that rear bumper. Do you have means to ship it? Cause if so I want it.

------------------

Blue 1987 GT, Yellow T-top 1986 GT, 2000 Corvette Coupe Z06 conversion
projects and parts for sale.[/COLOR][/b]

typhoon

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
Keep the bumper, just say no to braces ........

Read this:
Do I really need braces?
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by typhoon:

Keep the bumper, just say no to braces ........

Read this:
Do I really need braces?

Wished it were true Typhoon, but this guy is going on 14 years and does need braces. He's got his mother's teeth and my mouth, so it's quite a bit crowded in there! Been hoping for the past 2-3 years that things would improve, but that's not happening.

@Boysatt - I wished I did, but I don't have that kind of packaging nor the experience shipping something this large. I know others have done it, but I wouldn't know where to start as far as shipping costs, etc.

Robert

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post06-23-2012 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Axdrenalin:

Wished it were true Typhoon, but this guy is going on 14 years and does need braces. He's got his mother's teeth and my mouth, so it's quite a bit crowded in there! Been hoping for the past 2-3 years that things would improve, but that's not happening.

@Boysatt - I wished I did, but I don't have that kind of packaging nor the experience shipping something this large. I know others have done it, but I wouldn't know where to start as far as shipping costs, etc.

Robert

to kinda help with you and the guy that wants it.. go to your local bodyshop and ask them if they can save the box that a bumper comes out of.. they will be more than happy to hand it to you instead of filling the dumpster..
then if there is a bus route that goes near you and him. ship it that way.. less handling of it..

weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post

Robert

Bubble wrap and Greyhound. Easy.

Edit bubble wrap it then bring to Greyhound to weigh and measure for shipping quote to closest station.

Edit, edit...Walmart sells bubble wrap in many styles and sizes. $16.79 for a 100ft roll.

[This message has been edited by weloveour86se (edited 06-23-2012).]

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Robert

He is only 14 by 18 and a few fights with a tooth or two nocked out he should have some room. I vote keep the bumper and take him boxing.

boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2012 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post
well if you happen to figure something out to ship it let me know because I have cash for it.

Mike
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2012 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
Will keep that in mind Mike...I live in a pretty small town, so I might check around for a box if it comes down to shipping as my only option for sale. Meanwhile, let's get this bumper back up to the top of the Mall for exposure. Still hoping that there might be some interest a bit closer for a local or regional pickup...

Robert
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
Had several inquiries concerning shipping this, but still hoping for someone a little closer. Take it back up!
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

I live in a pretty small town...

Robert

The odds of finding someone local to you that wants this bumper AND is willing to spend good money to get it is slim to nun... Figure out how to ship it and recoupe as much of your investment as possible...

Just my .02
PFF
System Bot
boysatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post
I just got a fiberglass front bumper from fierofiberglass.com that was shipped via greyhound from atlanta,ga to fargo,nd. It cost $55 and was easy to ship. He just wrapped it in cardboard and sent it. I was leary of that, but greyhound handles them so nicely that it didn't get a scratch. If you can bubble wrap it and them wrap it in cardboard it would be no problem to ship greyhound.

Mike
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
Bringing this thread back from the dead, edited with a much lower price ($300) Somebody come and get this thing, put it to good use!
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Damn it all! You're in the same town as my grand parents! Why don't I have the money right now?!
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Damn it all! You're in the same town as my grand parents! Why don't I have the money right now?!

LOL - wow, never thought I'd find anyone on here that had relatives in my little town! You could get them to pick it up for you and then visit them for Christmas. Might be a great gift idea, you know... :-)
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

My dad and I were just there in June! Who knows, maybe if you end up with it in a few months I'll put in a call to my grandpop.
tnathan02

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tnathan02Send a Private Message to tnathan02Direct Link to This Post
You have a PM.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I can identify with the braces shock. I had my first one on Friday a few years back. Notice I said first one...I got the second one a week later. Two kids in braces at the same time. That was very expensive! I tried to get everyone in the office together for a group buy or to see if anyone was doing custom swaps in their own garages but got not one response. Jeesh....
j bf1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for j bf1Send a Private Message to j bf1Direct Link to This Post
Hi! Is it still available?

EDIT: New price below. Come take this off my hands!

I took my oldest son to the orthodontist today to get the process started on his braces that he's needing. I left the office with a bit of sticker shock, as its going to total up to over 5k dollars. Maybe I'm just a bit out of touch, but since I've not ever dealt with having to get braces before...well, let's just say I wasn't as prepared as I hoped I would be. I'm going to have to find a way to come up with a bit of extra money, and as much as it pains me to do so, I'm going to offer up my rear bumper that I purchased from Whodeanie a few months ago. This is the second bumper created from the original mold Dean pulled from the Rottinchop, and it's set quietly in my shop since the day I brought it home, totally stock and untouched. I've pulled these images below from Dean's original thread about the Rottinchop, but please contact me if you need additional pictures and I'll be happy to get out my camera and send them to you. It's black as the last two pictures show.

Would prefer local pickup or getting together in a semi-regional location. I live in the upper NE part of Tennessee for reference. I have no experience shipping things this large, so I'd rather not take that route. Also not looking for any trades (please read my intro above).

Asking $500 NOW $300 if you'll come and get it. Thanks for your consideration...

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by j bf1:

Hi! Is it still available?

http://fierofiberglass.com/...ges/RearBumpers.html

Bob
tnathan02

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tnathan02Send a Private Message to tnathan02Direct Link to This Post
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Axdrenaline? I am in his home town trying to purchase his bumper. Anyone have a phone number or address for him? I have to leave tomorrow going home.
PFF
System Bot
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tnathan02:

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Axdrenaline? I am in his home town trying to purchase his bumper. Anyone have a phone number or address for him? I have to leave tomorrow going home.

Trent found me, and this bumper has been sold! It was a real pleasure meeting you and I hope you have a safe trip back in the morning!

Robert

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock