for the 3800 s/c swappers -IN by gen2muchwork
Started on: 06-13-2012 09:45 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Danyel on 07-16-2012 11:09 AM
gen2muchwork

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkDirect Link to This Post
I have been talking back and forth with a member of one of my local 4x4 forums who had a nice ssei deal. I have decided to go 4.9, but I thought this was worth posting here for you guys, as I thought it was a perfect swap car.

He did try to register, but has had problems getting it activated so for now I'll post it for him to get it out there. The following I have copied from our PM's on the other forum

This is a titled car:

"It is a 98 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi with 154k on the ODO. The trans is supposed to only have around 60k on it. I brought it back from Mass. for a parts car to repair one in the shop. Other than missing some front and rear body parts, the drivetrain is all there."

link to facebook for video of it running.
http://www.facebook.com/HoffinesGarage

the car is in Lafayette Indiana, which is why I did not go for it. Just to far for me.

I'll have a craigslist add for it when it gets sent to me.
we had agreed on a price that was comfortably under $1000 for the whole car, less for the drivetrain only, but I'll let you work that out with him.

This is a link to his profile in my local forum if you want to get a hold of him fastest, or I can forward any messages until he gets this account straightened out.

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/member.php?u=1645

the forum is Greatlakes4x4.com his username is mehoffine and has been easy to get a hold of.

I will update this as he sends info my way.

Sure looked like a great donor for the price.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkDirect Link to This Post
http://tippecanoe.craigslis.../pts/3029196014.html

here is the craigslist ad for you guys.

[This message has been edited by gen2muchwork (edited 06-13-2012).]

Randy93552

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Randy93552Send a Private Message to Randy93552Direct Link to This Post
Is this a good donor? Does anyone know which series this would be?
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
Should be a series 2 motor. And yes it would be a good donor car.
gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Randy93552:

Is this a good donor? Does anyone know which series this would be?

yes series 2

I would have bought it if I could have transported it cheaper, but my van is a pig on gas towing a car. If it was local to me, I would be swapping a series II not a 4.9

I was contated by Meoffine on gl4x4 through an add where I was searching a for a 4.9 locally. Being a 4x4 forum he figured it was to swap into a dune buggy, and he was not aware of the fiero swap.

I suppose I should be trying to convince him to buy a fiero with a bad engine instead of selling the ssei

I have not seen it in person, but the video on facebook he shot on request by me and his quick replies were good enough for me to post it here for him.
gen2muchwork

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gen2muchworkSend a Private Message to gen2muchworkDirect Link to This Post
bump...
this is still available.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
PM sent and also for rating
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay