Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  88 cradle dropout, poly, 3800 mounts, 4t65e, axles, brakes, swaybar.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

88 cradle dropout, poly, 3800 mounts, 4t65e, axles, brakes, swaybar. by m0sh_man
Started on: 06-11-2012 11:22 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: m0sh_man on 06-19-2012 11:39 PM
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
what i have is a 1988 cradle, it has alittle rust under where the battery tray sits, its nothing serious, but id wire brush it and repaint before installed, it has all poly on the trailing arms, and also has poly engine/trans mounts as well as the 3800 mounting brackets for an automatic car, also included is a 4t65e-HD? from a 2000 model buick regal GS this cradle setup has been sitting on my porch for approx. 2 years since i dropped it out of the car i was building, the axles appear to be right, but im no axle builder, but they did mount and turn fine. the ENGINE is not included, i plan on using it for parts to try to figure out whats wrong with my other 3800 s/c fiero.

it has the rear brakes that worked when they were in the car, but one appears to be dragging alittle now, im sure if it was installed it would probably work well after 2-3 miles, also included is the rear swaybar, and i do have the strut mounts.

ill sell the whole dropout without the engine for $400.

not a clue how id ship something like this, but im located at zip code 25309, i can put the assembly on a pallet strap it down and take it to a freight terminal providing there is one close to me (15-20 miles)

i think the 3800 mounts alone would cost you $250-300 to buy, they are west coast fiero mounts, never been in use on a driving fiero, only a roller, then add up all the other parts and there's a bit of money there.

providing i sell the 3800 mounts or the cradle first, im willing to part/piece out the rest, but i wont take less than $200 for the poly cradle mounts with the 3800 brackets.

transmission will need a new park reverse neutral switch, this one broke when i was pulling it from the buick regal GS

1-304 four four four-4495

or macantley@wvsp.state.wv.us

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
bump
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
This is a damn good deal n would save someone a lot of time and money. Work great for all year cars not just 88, buy the ht motorsports strut relocator and do 3800 with cradle swap. Hell if it sits here I long I'll make the drive even though I don't need it.
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
I'd love to have this as well.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
if you part it out I might be interested in the poly mounts.. so 1st in line
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
E-mail sent.

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Three things (trans and axles) I need and only 8hrs, 16 hr's round trip. Why is it always my luck!!
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
if someone show's up at my house for this whole setup, i may be willing to negotiate "alittle" not going to budge much cause its worth more than what im asking, but i want to fund my 6.0L build in my 05 silverado 1/2 ton, didnt realize how expensive basic hotrod parts were for the LS series motors.

anyway if you guys look at the pictures, the passenger side axle boot is held on with zip-ties, it needs a real boot-strap put on it, when i picked up the cradle assembly with the backhoe, the zipties came off, so the boot is loose, its still got the axle in it and the boot isnt torn or ripped, but its loose, nothing major, probably a couple bucks to fix.

also the pictures make the cradle look real rusty, it isnt rusty at all, just some surface rust, i removed the engine from the cradle day before yesterday, the torque converter says 1997 grand prix on it, so im assuming the transmission has been replaced with a grand prix transmission (not a trans from the original buick regal GS) like i said above though, it shifted fine and ran fine, but im not sure how to tell if its a 4t60E, or a 4t65E-HD, if anyone has a way for me to tell the differences, id love to know, pretty sure this trans has 905 stamped into the casing.

matthew
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
bump
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2012 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
tried sending you a email, but it got bounced back to me.
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

tried sending you a email, but it got bounced back to me.

sent you back a PM, like stated, the drivers side 3800 axle is actually the original passenger side automatic fiero axle flipped over to the drivers side of the 4t65E-hd transmission, the passenger side axle uses the regals inner axle hub, then i used the center section and outter hub from the drivers side manual transmission fiero, i spent ALOT of reading on the forums to figure out how the axles were to be used and that seems to be how people install axles into a 3800 fiero. im sure someone does it differently, but this appeared to work fine, this setup was in the car long enough for it to be a roller, the only time the axle boots were stressed was when the struts were not hooked up and the suspension was free hanging in the air, without struts the suspension would hang 3-4 inches lower than when they were hooked up.

matthew

PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

m0sh_man

8460 posts
Member since Feb 2002
just went down to the cradle and checked everything out, turns out the engine mount itself is for a 84-87 cradle, i solved my issue by just drilling new holes in the cradle mounting pad on the cradle to position it in the right place, shouldnt take more than 10 minutes to do this to your cradle also, providing whoever is interested doesnt take this cradle,

if i sell seperately, i want $200 for the engine/trans mount brackets, with the poly engine/trans mounts (shipped) $75 shipped for the axles, $100 shipped for the 88 rear calipers, and $75 shipped for the 88 rear swaybar with the strut brackets and U shaped brackets that hold it to the cradle, also $100 shipped for the trailing arms with the poly installed in them, and after ALL that is sold, id take $75 (not shipped) for the bare cradle itself.

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 06-14-2012).]

MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Matt,
I'll take the axles if you break it up.

I wish I had more time and cash, I would send Madess down to get the whole thing...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2012 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
mcaanda has first choice on the axles right now, im going to pull the 3800 mounts off the cradle and the axles today and then get a yes or no from him, if nothing else, ill let you know.

matthew
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:
mcaanda has first choice on the axles right now, im going to pull the 3800 mounts off the cradle and the axles today and then get a yes or no from him, if nothing else, ill let you know.
matthew

Got ya an E-mail this morning.

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2012 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
email sent back earlier with paypal address.

matthew
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
the 3800 mounts and axles have shipped out today, 46lbs, was a heavy box,

still have the 88 cradle, the 88 swaybar with strut brackets and cradle mounts, got the 88 calipers, and i have the trailing arms with poly installed (one of the heavy arms looks like it was bent at one time, and straighted out, shouldnt effect handling any, but isnt 100% perfect cosmetic condition)

also the transmission has been confirmed, its a tranny from a 1997 grand prix GTP. true mileage is unknown.

matthew

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock