Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  My 1988 Fiero GT for sale! First $2000 gets it!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

My 1988 Fiero GT for sale! First $2000 gets it!! by Darbji
Started on: 05-31-2012 03:15 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: Darbji on 06-05-2012 05:11 PM
Darbji

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarbjiSend a Private Message to DarbjiDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!!!!!! My 88 GT is up for sale! Has the 3.4 conversion done, 4 speed automatic, sunroof, PW, PL. Just had it painted Ferrari Rosso Barchetta red, but it still needs to be buffed and wet sanded in a few places. Not a show quality job, has a few flaws, but totally savable. Here's the good.....Tan interior is great .....seats are great with no rips.... the inside looks really good. 3.4 runs good and has new alternator, fuel pump, delco oil pressure sensor, and oxygen sensor. Automatic shifts fine. I have lots if extra parts that will go with the car including books, big service manual, and etc. Taillight lenses are good too. Cradle is good as well. Here's the bad: needs a headliner, drivers side sail window i think a heat shield underneath is rattling but i haven't looked at it yet (noisy at idle). Needs a sunroof seal....dosent leak but looks bad from dry rot. Needs spoiler, wiper cowl, and wipers put on (I have all) Some trim pieces need to be put on and I have most of them. It has 5 star chrome wheels that look ferrari-esque. Center caps are not in the photo, but I have them. (they need repainted or rechromed) Will need proper size tires on the front because it has 215s now but needs 205s. But, it is totally driveable and going cheap. Won't take much to get her looking good again.

It would make an easy project or use the 3.4 for your Fiero and sell the rest. It has to go soon so come and pick it up, drive it home. I will have more pics up very soon. Car is located in Northwest Indiana about 60 miles from Chicago. FIRST $2000 takes it!! Cash only, cannot ship. Title in hand! Let me know! ---Darbji

[This message has been edited by Darbji (edited 06-05-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I wish. Good luck with the sale!
Darbji

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarbjiSend a Private Message to DarbjiDirect Link to This Post
Thank you, Saxman!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Whay you selling it? just wondering i have to many projects on my plate right now..
TrackMagicWS6

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrackMagicWS6Send a Private Message to TrackMagicWS6Direct Link to This Post
Are you getting out of Fieros altogether?

------------------
97 WS6
04 Ranger Edge
88 Fiero GT

Darbji

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarbjiSend a Private Message to DarbjiDirect Link to This Post
Hey! Selling because I simply can't afford a toy. I have another car and the Fiero is just a pleasure car. And yes, I'm getting out of Fieros for now. Ok, ......$1900 buys it! Someone give it a new home!

Darbji
marshall12285

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marshall12285Send a Private Message to marshall12285Direct Link to This Post
PM sent.
Darbji

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarbjiSend a Private Message to DarbjiDirect Link to This Post
More pics:

Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
I would SO be all over this if I were closer!!! Why do all the great deals have to happen so far away from me?

Robert
donnie072003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Axdrenalin:

I would SO be all over this if I were closer!!! Why do all the great deals have to happen so far away from me?

Robert

Grab a buddy and make a road trip out of it. A couple hundred in gas would make this car worth the money.
I know there's a lot more than that tied up in my car with the 3.4. Seems like a hell of a deal.

------------------
87 Fiero GT 3.4, Suspension Technologies with coilovers, Complete poly suspension.

Donnie

Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I would but the wife says two 88 GT's are enough already, and that I don't need a third!

Nice price though, and certainly a great starting point for some lucky person.
PFF
System Bot
BlackGT Codde

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
figures only after i just dumped all my cash on a rebuild for my 2.8 do i find this deal, and its only 100 miles from me! ugh, wish i had the cash soo bad right now. if you still have it in a month or two send me a pm.
nice car btw, and good luck with the sale. the price sounds great too.
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
How many miles on the 3.4?

I'd almost jump on this. Do you have the matching seats for it?

Please PM your phone #. I'm not too far away.

Greg

------------------

Darbji

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2012 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarbjiSend a Private Message to DarbjiDirect Link to This Post
Fierogtguy,

3.4 has roughly 15000 on it. Original owner stated it had about 10000 when i bought it in 2011. Has original seats that are great condition. It's still available! Come pick it up! It's a steal at $1900! PM 'd my phone number.

-Darbji
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
If you end up having to keep your Fiero, it can now qualify as an "historic" or antique vehicle and you can purchase classic car insurance for maybe $100 per year. Some states also offer "Historic" plates that can be had on the cheap. Some possibilities to lower the costs if you must keep the car.
Just thought that I'd offer a fallback alternative. Its a good buy. Good luck selling it.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2012 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
$1900 cash delivered to Noblesville, IN, 46060 with the parts mentioned in the trunk, and you have a deal. Travel time is 2 hours exactly.

If you're interested, PM the VIN to me.
Greg

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 06-04-2012).]

Darbji

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2012 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarbjiSend a Private Message to DarbjiDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!!! And farewell to everyone on the forum.

-Darbji

[This message has been edited by Darbji (edited 06-05-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock