WANTED: F355 or similar nose / bumper by Fiero2012
Started on: 05-08-2012 04:59 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 05-11-2012 08:36 PM
Fiero2012

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2012Send a Private Message to Fiero2012Direct Link to This Post
I am looking to upgrade the look of my GT, using a F355 or similar bumper. If anyone is selling one, please let me know.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
seegeer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seegeerSend a Private Message to seegeerDirect Link to This Post
look up fierowarehouse.com, Dave sells them for about 400 new if you havent looked at retail yet. If you wait for a used one, it might take a while
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
PM Amida, hands down the best one IMO.
Fiero2012

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2012Send a Private Message to Fiero2012Direct Link to This Post
I agree with Yellowstone. The Amida nose is shorter and looks great, but it costs over $1000 with the grill and all add ons. After paint, it may end up costing more than the car...
Is there any other option that looks like the Amida nose, but in the $300-500 range?
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
www.fierofiberglass.com they had the same 355 nose as Fierowarehouse, but also offer it to accept the stock trim, and they are in FL.. Just get ahold of JimmyS on the forum here, as Fierofiberglass is in part his enterprise.

In addition, I also agree that Amida's 355 nose is without a doubt the best fitting/looking one you will ever find anywhere.

HAGO!
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2012:

Is there any other option that looks like the Amida nose, but in the $300-500 range?

There is a reason for the difference in price...
Fiero2012

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2012Send a Private Message to Fiero2012Direct Link to This Post
Yellowstone, I know it looks better and understand what you are saying. I just think the price, comparing to the value of the car, is very high. The best of the Fieros, an 88 with a 3800, 4.9 or LT1 conversion will not go over 10K, and this is for an almost perfect car. The bumper, after all the lights, grill, shipping and paint, will probably reach $1600.
I figure that my very good stock 87 GT is worth $4K. Beautiful car, I just do not see 20% of the value on the front bumper. I know everything is relative, and you do and spend what you want on your car to make it look nice. Difficult decision.
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilDirect Link to This Post
These suggestions are great. However I'm not a paint guy, so I am not able to judge unpainted parts for quality & every site shows unfinished product. "Ready to paint".

Can members who are vouching for these products provide shots of completed installs? That would be awesome & go a long way for justifying a $600 difference.

Thank you!
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by no2pencil:

These suggestions are great. However I'm not a paint guy, so I am not able to judge unpainted parts for quality & every site shows unfinished product. "Ready to paint".

Can members who are vouching for these products provide shots of completed installs? That would be awesome & go a long way for justifying a $600 difference.

Thank you!

http://fierofiberglass.com/...es/FrontBumpers.html
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post
I saw a n interesting and inexpensive bumper on Ebay from a company called V-Tech in California. Also, thre is one listing now for a nice bumper, but it is from the UK and does not give much detail. Price is good too. It would be interesting to hear from someone here about the quality of this bumper, if anyone has bought it.

http://mesgmy.ebay.com/ws/e...=MyeBayMyMessages#d1

www.unqshop.com

jackcastro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post

jackcastro

620 posts
Member since Dec 2005
Correction, the company in Carlifornia was VFiber.
PFF
System Bot
seegeer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seegeerSend a Private Message to seegeerDirect Link to This Post
here is some free body work advice that I had to pay to learn lol.....low price of produce = high price of labor = long time to wait.......high price in produce = lower price of labor = less time to wait lol. .
Dr Brockwell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2012 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dr BrockwellSend a Private Message to Dr BrockwellDirect Link to This Post
Pm'ed
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
As a rule, the "You get what you pay for." generally applies. However, it's fair to say that no matter what piece of fiberglass you get, who you get it from, how much you pay for it, or how good or bad it looks when you get it, you ARE going to have to do some fit and finish work before you can call it done. Even the very best piece is at the least, going to need sanded and prepped for paint, and more often than not, when you start sanding, you'll find things that need attention. Even the best hand laid or choppered parts can and often do have voids in them, however small. That's not saying you can't buy a part that's "perfect" but the odds are against it. You should expect to have to fit it to your car, sand the entire piece at least once, use some filler, again at the very least some good glazing putty before you prime and paint. Generally, you'll find that after you think you're done and put a coat of primer on, you'll find something that needs glazing or worse, then it's more sanding and primer. The more of this process that the person making the original plug/mold/part did, usually the less the end user will have to do, hence, the higher price on parts that have had allot of time put into the production of. Different people take different levels of pride in thier work, so price doesn't always indicate quality, but it's a fairly accurate gauge of what you're going to get.

All just my opinion based on my experience and shared as an FYI

HAGO!
jackcastro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post
I paid about $1300 for the F355 nose to Amida (shipped with all the options), very expensive but a perfect fit. Direct bolt on, no adjustments, nothing.
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jackcastro:
I paid about $1300 for the F355 nose to Amida (shipped with all the options), very expensive but a perfect fit. Direct bolt on, no adjustments, nothing.

That sounds about right, and what I would expect for a single part (bumper) that I paid that much for. I'm guessing you still had to sand, prep it for paint and paint and mount it. Haven't found any parts yet that put themselves on the car, but some of the prices I've seen on some stuff, I'd almost expect that too!

Having seen the process Rob uses to make his plugs/molds/parts, I would expect the parts to be as near perfect as one can get, and said so above and have said so before, the man is the epitomy of a "perfectionist". You won't find better anywhere from what I've seen.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2012 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Amidas is the best hands down but your gona pay for it... fiero fiberglass is very nice due to the fact it incorperats the belt line..

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock