3800SC project for sale by Blue87Fiero
Started on: 05-01-2012 10:18 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Blue87Fiero on 05-18-2012 12:47 PM
Blue87Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Im not sure how to post pics but if there is any real interest I can email them to you.

Its a 1987 coupe. about 145k on it It has gt bumpers and stuff on it so it looks like the 85 gt but with smooth molding

A big problem is the motor/trans is out so If you have some idea how to get it on a trailer let me know.

I was in the process of swapping in a 3800 sc (series II 98 I think) about 2 year ago and..... well things changed and I didn't have time or money to put into anymore. So its been sitting.

The motor and trans are not much they caught on fire so I got them real cheap. I don't know any reason why the motor and trans would be bad from the engine fire. I replaced most of the gaskets and cleaned all the melted plastic and wires off it. The plan was to get it up and running then swap in a fresher engine and trans when that one went out. I put on new gaskets from the lower intake up and the oil pan. New water pump. New coupler and oil in the supercharger The motor has been sitting with out rocker covers on. It needs parts for the motor to be complete rocker covers, fuel rails, a couple sensors. I have a wiring harness that I tore down everything should be there and the wires aren't a big mess there all separated and coiled up and taped

The trunk has been cut and I welded in a piece of sheet metal and trimmed the trunk carpet so its not a big hole.

The good
It has aus sides scoops (stage 2 I think there the squarer ones if that makes sense) I molded on the door piece and its not perfect but looks good. you could swap out the doors with a gt one and it would look good
FieroX mounts. I got one new from him and the other two from some one off the forum
18 inch enkie's which are pretty much brand new with new tires
drilled slotted rotors
newer calipers all around (they have been sitting over a year though)
new master cylinder
ss brake lines and fuel line
ss braided hoses
3800 motor and trans mounts
the one axle is made the other is a fiero axle and look like it will work
it has an exhaust set up its real simple 3 inch I think with no cat
3 core aluminum radiator ( took the fan off to replace it and had this great idea and f*cked the fan all up)
It has the High volume fuel pump installed
I por-15 a bunch of stuff

The engine and trans are mounted on the cradle

The interior
its black and red
new carpet
mr.mikes leatherette seats
fiero thomas visors
sony sub under the dash I built the fiberglass box and never smoothed it out but its hidden away
sony speakers in the back and audibahn in the front
black seat belts
I redid the headliner but it has fallen back down
The interior trim is in excellent shape no cracks or anything. I replaced them when I painted it all black
The interior was painted with SEM its all black but the seats have the red and black I think the interior looks good

new parts with it
polyurethane bushing kit (cradle bushings and everything else) Some are installed and some aren't
rear tie rods and ball joints
Taurus tensioner I was working on a dog bone tensioner setup
New shocks and struts KYB

$1500 Firm The rims, fuel/trans lines, shocks, stuts, motor mounts, and interior is worth more than that in parts. The person would have to have way to get this thing onto a trailer. I can get a bobcat or cherry picker to load the motor/trans/cradle up. I do not want to part this out. If know one wants it I might part it or I might let it sit.

If interested send me a text 517-902-2879 or PM. If you call leave a voice mail because I never have my phone on me and don't return calls of unknown numbers

[This message has been edited by Blue87Fiero (edited 05-01-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
bump
LitebulbwithaFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LitebulbwithaFieroSend a Private Message to LitebulbwithaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Text me pics to 734 652 fifty twenty one
steinke_phil

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steinke_philSend a Private Message to steinke_philDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LitebulbwithaFiero:

Text me pics to 734 652 fifty twenty one

I cant send pics on my phone send me a PM with your email address and I will send them
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2012 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
bump
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Any one who requested pics should have them. If some one would post a couple up that would be awesome.

Thanks
Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
send me the pixs and i'll post them up for you when i get a chance. I'll PM you an email address to use.
PFF
System Bot
grsychckn

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknDirect Link to This Post

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
couple more pixs

DLCLK87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

DLCLK87GT

2694 posts
Member since Feb 2009
oops, dbl post

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 05-18-2012).]

Blue87Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue87FieroSend a Private Message to Blue87FieroDirect Link to This Post
I tried to take pictures of any of the rusted spots on the car. The one with the bad looking weld is the drivers side lower frame rail were the cradle bolts up I took a picture of the other side just to show what it should look like. When the cradle goes back in my plan was to drill a hole and weld the floating nut back on the back side.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock