Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  fieroguru 13” Brake Kits for 88’s – May Moving Sale - $100 off!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

fieroguru 13” Brake Kits for 88’s – May Moving Sale - $100 off! by fieroguru
Started on: 05-01-2012 12:28 PM
Replies: 34
Last post by: Tom Slick on 06-11-2012 12:08 PM
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Fieroguru Performance will be closed for the remainder of 2015 and most likely 2016, so its probably better to consider it closed indefinitely.

fieroguru 13” Brake Kits for 88’s – May Moving Sale - $100 off!

These only fit the 88 fieros (rear could be used on an 88 cradle swap) - I do not offer a brake kit for the 84-87's.

This kit requires 17" and larger wheels. It will not fit on the 15's, they might fit on some 16's - but I know they won't fit on some - so 17+ is the safe range to ensure proper fitment.

I have made an offer on a house and will be moving (7 miles) between June 8th and June 30th. My inventory of 13” brake hardware kits will need boxed up and moved, so I would rather box them up and sell them vs. moving them.

10 brake kits (hardware only or full kit with rotors) will be set aside and offered at this special sale price for May.

The hardware only kits will be $250 shipped - anywhere.

Full kits with drilled/slotted/zinc coated rotors will be $540 shipped to the lower 48. Shipping a full kit to Canada is an additional $75.

The drilled/Slotted/Zinc rotors cost just under $250 for a full car set. The plain ones can be had for less $$.

My goal in developing this kit was a clean sheet approach to find the best fitting rotor for the 88’s that will maximize braking force through increasing the diameter of the rotor while keeping the rest of the brake system stock to ensure proper brake bias and parking brake function. The rotors used for my kit are from a 2008+ model year application and quite common, so this rotor will be available and fairly inexpensive for many years to come. Some of the key benefits of this kit are:
• Use of stock calipers, brake hoses and parking brake cables keeps cost to a minimum.
• Stock brake bias and parking brake function retained.
• 25% increase in brake rotor diameter for improved visual impact behind 17+” wheels.
• 29% increase in brake system mechanical advantage due to caliper being further from wheel center.
• 20% increase in rotor/pad surface area to reduce potential for brake fade.
• Available in Drilled/Slotted w/Zinc coating to minimize additional weight and improve appearance.
• No interference issues between the rotor/caliper and the front suspension a-arms when used with stock ball joints. NOTE: When installed with Rodneys 1" lowering ball joints and lowering springs, there have been reports of slight rubbing. If installing these combination of parts, it would be best to clearance the lower a-arm nose slightly to avoid any clearance issues.
• Lowest price of any 13” brake kit on the market today.

I prefer Paypal, but also accept money orders.

If you would like to learn more about this kit, please review these two threads:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087368.html
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060122.html

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 09-25-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GMEFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GMEFieroSend a Private Message to GMEFieroDirect Link to This Post
This must be the Fiero gods at work again because I just posted a thread asking people to show me their brake upgrades. I am super interested in a full set. Is the $540 including the $100 off?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GMEFiero:

This must be the Fiero gods at work again because I just posted a thread asking people to show me their brake upgrades. I am super interested in a full set. Is the $540 including the $100 off?

Yes, the normal price for the full kit with drilled/slotted/zinc rotors is $640 shipped.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
2 kits pending purchase, 8 left.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 05-03-2012).]

tayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tayneSend a Private Message to tayneDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2012 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
3.5 kits pending purchase, 6.5 kits left
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2012 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Guru, you've got a new pm, oh and a bump.

Joe
Orig88GT-NC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2012 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Orig88GT-NCSend a Private Message to Orig88GT-NCDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Bump - 4 1/2 kits at sale price ($100 off) remaining.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 05-08-2012).]

t4fun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for t4funSend a Private Message to t4funDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2012 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Bump

9.5 of the 10 kits offered at the reduced price have been purchased, so I will be offering another 5 sets at the $100 off rate - all hardware is in stock ready to ship, but rotors are ordered at time of purchase.

I have already started ordering all hardware needed to do the 3rd run of this kit. The 3rd run will be 25 full car kits, just like the 2nd run.

Many thanks to all my customers for their support of my products.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Parts received, The quality looks fantastic, thanks for the help.

Joe
nomomoney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nomomoneySend a Private Message to nomomoneyDirect Link to This Post
Mine showed up saturday they look fantastic.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2012 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Bump - 11 days left to get these kits at $100 off.
DonP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonPClick Here to visit DonP's HomePageSend a Private Message to DonPDirect Link to This Post
Fieroguru, Have you tried the larger disc setup with a larger booster?
Don
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DonP:

Fieroguru, Have you tried the larger disc setup with a larger booster?
Don

I haven't tested this combo myself, but FieroMaster88 is running my 13" kit with the S10 booster so you might want to PM him to get his feedback.
DonP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonPClick Here to visit DonP's HomePageSend a Private Message to DonPDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the lead.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2012 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Free bump.
Posting in the thread so I can leave feedback when I get my brakes.
Madess and I saw Paul's setup over the weekend and it is top notch. Nobody should be worried if they buy this setup.

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Bump! Last week for $100 off sale and I still have several sets.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 05-27-2012).]

jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Bump! Last week for $100 off sale and I still have several sets.

What's the cost w/o the Zinc coated rotors?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2012 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

What's the cost w/o the Zinc coated rotors?

The hardware only kits are $250 shipped.
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
How much was the kit with the zinc cross drilled rotors? Are they pre-drilled?
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2012 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

How much was the kit with the zinc cross drilled rotors? Are they pre-drilled?

$540 for the complete kit with the drilled/slotted/zinc rotors. If I supply the rotors, they will be drilled with the 5 x 100 mm pattern.

Starting June 1st, the kits return to their normal price of $350 shipped for hardware only and $640 shipped on the full kit with the drilled/slotted/zinc rotors (Canada shipping is an additional $75 on the full kit).
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
1 1/2 days left of the sale and still have some brake kits left on the shelf.

Been experimenting with different rotor vendors and have 2 full sets of rotors in stock ready to ship (as soon as I drill them).
Here is the style of the first set:

Here is the style of the 2nd set:

Only downside to these rotors is delivery time.
Brakemotive gets me their rotors in about 3-4 days and these two vendors were 6 and 7 days from time of purchase to delivery. Granted there was a holiday in there, but it still takes longer to get them (both are from California vs. Chicago).
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2012 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today and I am very happy. The only issue is don't be in a hurry to get them out and play with them. Paul has these guys packed up nice. It was in a box, in a box, rotors labeled and taped together with the backets and instructions in between (brakets and hardware were wrapped in towels and cardboard). Don't believe me? I wouldn't either... So I took pictures... Paul packs these to make it anywhere! A++

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Rotors arrive today! They look great.

Thanks again
Nolan
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2012 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MulletproofMonk:

Got mine today and I am very happy.

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Rotors arrive today! They look great.

Thanks again
Nolan

Glad you guys like them!
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 06:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
The $100 off sale has come to an end. I would like to thank everyone who chose to purchase a kit during this sale!

Please use this thread for future orders:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/060122.html

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 06-01-2012).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Guru, might wanna fix that link, it just directs back to the same page.

PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Good catch! Link has been fixed.
jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post
In the beginning, I was a little bit hesitant to order this kit, as it uses the original 88 calipers. I received it Thursday and just installed today, and I could not believe the difference. There is significant improvement in braking and looks AWSOME.

Now, I realized the spare tire will not fit. So here is a question for everyone: Which spare tire (car model and year) can I get to use with the 13" brake set up?

Thanks.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
Glad you like the kit!

Here is a thread where they talk about larger spares. WCF sells one, or you can mix/match spares and tires to get one that fits.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089303.html

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
got mine today after it was sitting at the PO for a week, stupid PO forgot to put the notice that i had a package waiting for me.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock