Laser cutting short lead time this week 4-23 through 4-28 by silver 85 sc
Started on: 04-23-2012 04:42 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: silver 85 sc on 05-29-2013 09:55 PM
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
The boss is looking for work for the lasers. If you haven't liked my lead times now is the chance to take advantage of a quick turn around. He would love for me to bring in orders tomorrow and will start cutting right away. So if you have anything that you would like laser cut, get me the info by Thursday night. I can cut as the orders come in. If you want to view my work look here:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054658.html

Rich
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nyranger6830

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nyranger6830Send a Private Message to nyranger6830Direct Link to This Post
How Much For Something Like This?

------------------
Fieros......Gotta Love Em!

Dawn: My 86 GT!

NEED PARTS? I GOT EM!!

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
Vents are $50.00 per set. If you want a special image the price is $80.00. Shipping usually runs around $15.00 per set.

Rich
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone having any kind of a heat problems using these rear vents?
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroDirect Link to This Post
How thick of material can you cut?
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

None that I am aware of. I had a set on my '85 duke for 7+ years and drove it every day. I have a set on my '86 fast back V6, been on for 4 years. I have a set on my '84 been on for 2 years.

Originally posted by onesexyfiero:

How thick of material can you cut?

up to 3/4"

Rich

[This message has been edited by silver 85 sc (edited 04-24-2012).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IIKool:

nope, love 'em.
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroDirect Link to This Post

I'm looking to do something like this. I basically want to make my Truleo intake look a little more like a stock plenum. It would be around 6" long, 1 1/4" wide for the main section, 1/8" for the narrower strips. What I haven't really addressed is the curvature of the intake. I'm not sure if I'd be able to put a slight curve to something that's been laser cut. I'm aware I'd need to add strips to connect the orphaned pieces, like the middle of the 'O.' Not sure how big that would need to be to be strong enough. I may want to take down the thickness of these a little by hand so I can paint them and hopefully they'll recede back. I'd defer to your expertise there. As far as attachment, I'm thinking high temp epoxy. It would be great if I could get this cut out of stainless, so I can buff it and get it to hold a shine. I have AutoCAD, and can provide you with a dwg, or whatever you need. In terms of thickness, I'd like it to have a little relief like stock, but I know I need to be able to bend it. Again, I'll defer to your expertise. If you can give me an idea of cost, I'll let you know if this is something I'd like to move forward with. Also, if its something others with Truleo's are interested in, I'm willing to share.
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onesexyfiero:

I'm looking to do something like this. I basically want to make my Truleo intake look a little more like a stock plenum. It would be around 6" long, 1 1/4" wide for the main section, 1/8" for the narrower strips. What I haven't really addressed is the curvature of the intake. I'm not sure if I'd be able to put a slight curve to something that's been laser cut. I'm aware I'd need to add strips to connect the orphaned pieces, like the middle of the 'O.' Not sure how big that would need to be to be strong enough. I may want to take down the thickness of these a little by hand so I can paint them and hopefully they'll recede back. I'd defer to your expertise there. As far as attachment, I'm thinking high temp epoxy. It would be great if I could get this cut out of stainless, so I can buff it and get it to hold a shine. I have AutoCAD, and can provide you with a dwg, or whatever you need. In terms of thickness, I'd like it to have a little relief like stock, but I know I need to be able to bend it. Again, I'll defer to your expertise. If you can give me an idea of cost, I'll let you know if this is something I'd like to move forward with. Also, if its something others with Truleo's are interested in, I'm willing to share.

Do you have any idea what the radius is. I have access to a roller, and can roll up to 1/4" thick. I would look at 10,11, or 12 ga for this, not sure what I have for secondary material. The "o" strips could be as thin as 1/16" maybe 1/32" and could be painted red to match the background.

GodSend

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodSendSend a Private Message to GodSendDirect Link to This Post
Ready for those headlight covers whenever you are..
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GodSend:

Ready for those headlight covers whenever you are..

Email with image sent

PFF
System Bot
onesexyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Radius is approx. 1 3/4" (3 1/2" dia.). Those gauges seem appropriate. 1/16" is probably good for the connecting strips. They really just need to keep it located, since the epoxy will hold it on once installed. Like you said, I'm thinking of painting those red to match the body of the intake.
weloveour86se

Feedback score:    (115)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weloveour86seSend a Private Message to weloveour86seDirect Link to This Post
Silver can you still do the rear bumper PONTIAC logo for $6?

I will shoot you a quick PM

TY
NEVERDONE

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEVERDONESend a Private Message to NEVERDONEDirect Link to This Post
I need a shift ring but not the stock one! I can get you measurements tonight. Pretty thin gauge is the one I have. Id like to go a little thicker. Roughly how much? Doesnt matter the material as long as I can polish it out!

[This message has been edited by NEVERDONE (edited 04-25-2012).]

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Sent you a PM rich.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post
I sent you a pm as well. Thanks Rich.
IIKool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
You have my order for the 5" tall polished badge, right?

------------------

Recent major upgrade at Whodeanie Customs with many cool TLG Automotive parts

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
Orders are cut, Now I have a ton of cleanup, bending, and assembly.

Rich
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

You have my order for the 5" tall polished badge, right?

I'd like one too please

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

I'd like one too please

I made 4 of them.

Rich

PFF
System Bot
quins&dads88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for quins&dads88Send a Private Message to quins&dads88Direct Link to This Post
Howzit Rich, was wondering if you still made those 3x5 fiero badges?

Cheers
Beej
dinocaprio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dinocaprioSend a Private Message to dinocaprioDirect Link to This Post
Whats the current price for the dash kit auto for a formula. Thanks
silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2013 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by quins&dads88:

Howzit Rich, was wondering if you still made those 3x5 fiero badges?

Cheers
Beej

Not sure what you are looking for, but I make 3" tall and 5" tall. The 5" tall is around 4 1/2" wide and the 3" is just under 2 3/4" wide.

Originally posted by dinocaprio:

Whats the current price for the dash kit auto for a formula. Thanks

Gauge cluster $15.00 18 ga stainless

Aux ga $5.00 18 ga stainless

Radio surround $10.00 18 ga stainless

Shifter surround $10.00 18 ga stainless specify manual or auto. Can do with or without ashtrays.

Here is the official thread.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/054658.html

Rich

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock