WTB lower brackets for bumper by Grantman
Started on: 04-01-2012 03:15 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Grantman on 04-20-2012 11:16 AM
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanDirect Link to This Post
As the title describes looking for the brackets that fasten the bumper in the lower part of the car. wish I could describe it better but it's where the air dam is. not sure if that's all a part of the bracket that is below the radiator?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanDirect Link to This Post
So this is the bracket that attaches to the radiatior support. looks like only purpose is to hold up the air dam. I would guess these are really hard to find without buying the whole bumper. maybe I should leave the air dam off? how many people do that?
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeDirect Link to This Post
I'd put it on, the more cooling airflow our cars have the better.

I believe what youre talking about is actually three pieces the large "D" plate that bolts to the lower rad support, an 18" or so long strip that sandwiches the air dam to the D plate and two more brackets on either side that also bolt to the air dam and attach to the bottom of the headlight well's.

As long as you have the two brackets you can use the air dam as a pattern and fabricate the "d plate" and strip. I ended up building those two pieces out of stainless steel for my dads car when it was painted (I did not want to use the old rusty d-plate nor did I ever want it to rust again)
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanDirect Link to This Post
Luke

you are correct on the parts, unfortunately mine are so rusted there isn't enough there to fabricate another part. Anyone have a photo of a good one?
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Package is in the mail. Thank you very much.
Grantman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2012 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks much. One less part on the shopping list.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT Fastback
1983 Honda Goldwing Interstate
1979 Naked Honda Goldwing

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock