BRAND NEW! NOW IN PRODUCTION. FIERO GLOVEBOX by Paulv
Started on: 03-29-2012 09:57 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: da.slyboy on 03-23-2014 10:21 PM
Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
Brand new thermoformed ABS plastic glove box fits all year's Fieros. This glove box has been in a design stage for almost 2 years. Modeled after the very popular aftermarket Fiero glove box that was discontinued several years ago, we have improved the design and functionally by adding a lock, cup holders, and stronger retention straps. This improved aftermarket glove box has been designed to answer all your Fiero storage needs. Symmetrical in looks with the instrument cluster and painted to match the color of the top of the stock dash. (Choice of Charcoal Gray, Dark Tan or Beechwood)
Two 3" diameter cup holders are built into a "map pocket" inside the lid. Built with a continuous steel piano hinge, latch/lock assembly with 2 keys, and twisted steel retainer straps. You can use the "map pocket" under the cup holders for maps, registrations, insurance cards, etc. or use the deep cup holders. The interior measures 15" x 5" x 5" providing room for all those accessories, electronic "gadgets" flashlight or?
These are now being built and assembled in the US, and a limited initial supply will be available to ship next week. I am taking pre-orders now (no payment needed until I am ready to ship). Comes with attachment hardware and install instructions. (note: holes will be drilled for fasteners).
Cost is $179.00 plus $12.00 shipping to any point in mainland US.

Paul Vargyas

To order, send an email to: paulvargyas@comcast.net
Include color. I will advise when ready to ship. I do take PayPal

------------------

My Web Site
www.paulvargyas.com
NIFE Web Site ]www.fierofocus.com]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2012 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
Looks top-notch! The Fiero Store glovebox was the first accessory I added to my GT back in 1990. It utility has been worth every cent!

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

npdimonte

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for npdimonteSend a Private Message to npdimonteDirect Link to This Post
Truly the best cup holder design to date , besides the added storage.
Very nice.

------------------
Nick D.
'88 Fiero GT 5-spd
'03 Jetta GLS TDI 5-spd

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Direct Link to This Post
Paul brought one of these to the last NIFE meeting. It looks like a quality product. The cupholder configuration is a nice upgrade to the ones of that used to be made.

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
88 Yellow GT

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I have the 1st one.

I'm going to paint it & install it next week.

Quality is great.

Also the area under the cup holders can be used to store C/D's too.

Archie
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
wish I knew about this a few weeks ago, I spent significantly more on a used one.

rob
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
Looks great! I've been kicking myself since I sold my last one (went with a car I sold) and haven't found another since, so this will be moved from my "Wishlist" soon ..
pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
Paul that looks great, I want one.
will you be bringing any to the dells show.

------------------

85red2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85red2m6Send a Private Message to 85red2m6Direct Link to This Post
I like the looks of that... the cupholder design is a definite improvement over the original I have... I think I paid $10 or $15 for it and it's been sitting on a shelf in my garage since, lol
Would a person be able to order just the cupholder assembly itself? Id love to be able to upgrade mine like that...

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 2.8 Auto - Blackie
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 4-spd - Goldie II - To be driveable this season
1985 Fiero SE Targa - 3.8SC - long term project
1987 Cavalier Z24 2.8 5-spd - daily beaten driver
1993 Bonneville SSEi - 3800SC donor for 85 Targa

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Once again Paul gives the community what we need!!! Thanks Paul!
Paulv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
I will have a few of the gloveboxes at the Dells. I can hold one for you until you see it. (color?)

As to the price........I am sure that anyone who has brought a new product to market knows, the original set up costs for molds and dies are a major undertaking and cost. I tried to keep the price reasonable, after looking at the original pricing 3-5 yeas ago of about $125 - $130. I even found a old IRM catalog where it was listed for $110.00 probably over 10 years ago!
I was not influenced by the 2 older models that sold on PFF recently for $250.00 and $200.00, since I had the price pretty well worked out before I saw that.

Plus, I am now working on providing a accessory LED lighting kit for this glovebox!

------------------

My Web Site
www.paulvargyas.com
NIFE Web Site ]www.fierofocus.com]

PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Paul, are these molded in one color and painted? If so, do you have a line on the beechwood paint used. I have a brown one I need to make beechwood.

Thanks

Rob
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Direct Link to This Post
Lets see some pics Archie when it's installed?

Originally posted by Archie:

I have the 1st one.

I'm going to paint it & install it next week.

Quality is great.

Also the area under the cup holders can be used to store C/D's too.

Archie

Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopDirect Link to This Post
Paul, not ready to start working on the interior as of yet on the current project but allow me to say this is a GREAT design and from the pictures posted appears to be top quality craftsmanship. Please tell me this is Made in the USA and not imported.

------------------
88 GT 5 Speed - Black
88 GT Auto - Red 4.9 engine swap in progress
88 GT Auto - Yellow
88 GT Auto - White
88 Coupe 4cyl - Auto - Red - For Sale
87 Coupe 5 Speed - Black - Race Car - For Sale
87 GT Auto - Gold
87 GT Auto - Black modified back deck lid - Project
87 GT Auto - White 3800 SC Ser I - Project
86 GT Auto - Gold - project car
86 GT Auto - Black - For Sale - No Title
86 GT Auto - White- Longpre Edition
86 SE V6 5sp - Silver - converted to GT - For Sale
97 Grand Prix GTP - Red - 4 door
97 Grand Prix GTP - Green - 4 door
62 Impala - Anniversary Gold - 2dr htp
62 Vette - 4 Speed - White
95 Vette - Auto-White-43,000 miles-For Sale
00 Vette - Auto - White - Convertible

mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2012 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hop:

Paul, not ready to start working on the interior as of yet on the current project but allow me to say this is a GREAT design and from the pictures posted appears to be top quality craftsmanship. Please tell me this is Made in the USA and not imported.

From the first post: "These are now being built and assembled in the US"
Hop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8: From the first post: "These are now being built and assembled in the US"

My mistake, I did read that in the posting and I honestly meant to say ....I am thrilled to see that these are being made right here in the GREAT USA and not being imported.

a_bartle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleDirect Link to This Post
Looks great, definitely something I'm going to consider purchasing down the road. I'd like to see one with the door painted light gray and leave the outer frame in the darker gray. In my opinion it would look more "factory" rather than only the single color. Where is the best place to get the "matching" light gray paint, the Fiero Store? Anybody know the matching color code for the SEM paints?

Buyers, please post more "installed" photos. Again, looks like a great product, thanks Paul for taking on the project!

Art

[This message has been edited by a_bartle (edited 04-13-2012).]

zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkDirect Link to This Post
Where are the installed pictures? Looks really good, but would like to see ones installed in various members cars. Thanks!
Paulv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
Some installed pictures of the updated Glovebox:

This one is in a 84 with Tan interior. Owner added a Pontiav insignia

He also added a LED light with a switch! (plus he "flocked" the interior!!)

Paulv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
Another installation from a PFF member.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2013 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
oops... n/m

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 05-01-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkDirect Link to This Post
Since Paul no longer makes these, is it no longer possible to get one? Surely someone has the molds.
Inferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InfernoSend a Private Message to InfernoDirect Link to This Post
Yes I would want one too
Paulv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2014 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
The equipment to make these glove boxes stopped working for many reasons, and the cost of repairs (at least at this time), does not justify the continuation of production.
tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkDirect Link to This Post
I wonder how many others would be interested. Regardless, it looked very original. It was the best I've seen. I have been unable to duplicate any result nearly as good.
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Is there an option that can be added for an ellastic cargo net on the back to hold insurance and registration (without it falling out to use the cup holders)? I would be interested in one that I can pay iin cash at the next Fierorama show.

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

tshark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkDirect Link to This Post
Elastic sags. I prefer a clip. Those metal clips work great. Just secure the flat back to the back of the box, then depress to add/remove items.
pgackeman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2014 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pgackemanSend a Private Message to pgackemanDirect Link to This Post
Nice gloveboxes.
da.slyboy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2014 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for da.slyboySend a Private Message to da.slyboyDirect Link to This Post
Damm I've been looking at this glovebox style for the last year........and of course when ready for purchase, they are no longer available. Well let us know if or when these great accessories return.

------------------
Slyboy

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock