1988 Formula by jerry455
Started on: 03-16-2012 07:51 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: rourke_87_T-Top on 04-01-2012 04:29 PM
jerry455

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2012 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jerry455Send a Private Message to jerry455Direct Link to This Post
I am selling a 1988 Formula. It is white with gray interior, sunroof, power windows and locks. When I bought it several years ago the 2.8 was blown and auto trans was shot. It shows 133,000 miles. It currently has a 5spd getrag and a '02 3800 n/a motor installed. I put new rotors and pads new axle shafts, radiator and hoses, cooling fan motor and other miscellanious parts. It was a father son project but both of us going to college and him growing up and possibly moving out of state it has stalled . We have lost interest and would like to sell it. I will get some pictures this week. I would like to sell it complete but a friend already wants the motor for his grand prix. It has both the fiero harness and the impala engine harness with pcm, just needs to be finished. I would like to get $1300 for everything. I am in Sterling Heights Michigan, about 20 miles north of Detroit. My cell # 586-918-5368.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
How much would you want for the car without the engine
jerry455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jerry455Send a Private Message to jerry455Direct Link to This Post
I would like $800.
ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
Can you take some pictures of the under body ?
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
+1 on the pics. Cradle, trunk shots, interior pics. Ads are pretty much worthless without pictures.

I am ready to grab the car if the pics look decent

Pete
jerry455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jerry455Send a Private Message to jerry455Direct Link to This Post
The cradle has been cleaned and painted and this car is really clean. I will get some pictures today of the car.
jerry455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jerry455Send a Private Message to jerry455Direct Link to This Post

jerry455

238 posts
Member since Jun 2006
I also rebuilt the sending unit and installed a corvette fuel pump. Every time I look at it I am remembering more. I have been going back to college to earn my bachelor degree so I have not worked on it in a while. It has a 2002 Impala L36, a getrag 282 from what I beleive is a 1990 W car, a mcleod billet flywheel and clutch. I had a steel flywheel made because I do not feel that cutting a cast flywheel down is safe. It also has West Coast Fiero headers, 1 1/2" painted steel and I have a cat. conv. made to go into the stock exhaust. I have new brake cables, Rodneys shift cables and getrag mounts on the car.It has a few little spots of rust in the trunk but it is the cleanest of the 3 Fieros that I have ever had. I have to remember how to put pictures on here but I will be doing that today.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2012 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
sold!

payment sent in 30 min
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
I swear the border guards are starting to recognize me... this is the third 88 I am dragging back from the US into the great white north!

Car is pretty good. Yes, the cheesy tail lights will be thrown in the garbage immediately

Jerry is a gentleman to deal with! The car has only slight rust, came with lots of parts that will make my wife soooo happy - what woman doesn't want fiero junk littering the entire garage?? This car is going to Dan (FieroFlyer) in exchange for some work on my car, so I fully expect him to build this thing into a turbo beast sometime!

I don't know how people can justify driving these huge pickup trucks daily unless they need it for work. This thing was a complete pig on gas, even without the trailer attached. It averaged 17l/100 km being driven at the speed limit... brutal This thing should come with a 6 cyl diesel...

Pete

jerry455

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jerry455Send a Private Message to jerry455Direct Link to This Post
I know they are cheesy but to a 17 year old that was trying to make his car unique they were kind of cool. One of his early attempts at customizing. At least he does not like ricer cars, he is driving a 1997 GTP Grand Prix while he is finishing college. Good Luck Peter it was nice talking to you. Let me know how your Fiero comes out.ps I was going to try and remove the white paint from the outer lenses, I figured I would try and sand then polish them.
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
Nice purchase Pete, Formula's Rule !
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock