Ferari 308 GTS replica on 86 Fiero GT by EVM_Rob
Started on: 02-19-2012 04:52 AM
Replies: 29
Last post by: Terry_w on 04-29-2012 12:42 AM
EVM_Rob

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 04:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post
Ferrari 308 GTS constructed on a rust free 86 Fiero GT platform (124k miles). 2.8 V6 engine mated to a 4spd manual transmission. Bright red with a charcoal interior. All lights and emblems are true to the original and close attention was payed to detail. Lots of new, replaced and rebuilt items. New battery, spark plugs, plug wires, wheel adapters, steering wheel, seat upholstery, re-covered headliner in black vinyl. Suspension Techniques lowering springs. Replaced coil, ignition control module and starter. Rebuilt headlight motors. Power windows, Cruise control, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, A/C, CD player, power locks. Engine runs strong and smooth and the transmission shifts great. Clutch is very strong and doesn't slip at all. I believe in full disclosure so here are the known issues. The fuel gauge does not read correctly (a common Fiero problem). I use the mileage to gauge when to fuel up. The temp gauge doesn't move. It needs a new temp sending unit. As a result the check engine light will come on after long drives and shows a code 15 which is "low temp indicated". Its just computer saying replace the temp sender. The passenger side power window moves very slowly. It needs to have the mechanism cleaned and lubed. The A/C does not have a belt on the compressor. I have never put one on it and charged it up to see if it works. All of these issues are minor and do not effect the drivability or reliability of the car. The tires are 205/60/15 in front and 215/60/15 in the rear and have good tread left. The exhaust system is custom built and loud. Sounds great! I have put about 200 miles on the car since completion and this was my daily driver for about 2 years before doing the conversion. I have over 1000 hours of work and tons of money invested in this car and I would LOVE to keep it but I am getting married in a few months and have to sell this car to help pay for my fiance's dream wedding. So you gotta do what you gotta do. I have set the price at $8,500 cash. NO TRADES. I cant pay for a wedding with a trade

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Bump. This is evil I know you put a lot of work into this car, that's a very good price, and I've always wanted a 308 replica. One of the better 308 replicas out there that doesn't look entirely fake and is a step above the more common 308 kits.

Good luck with the sale.
EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Bump. This is evil I know you put a lot of work into this car, that's a very good price, and I've always wanted a 308 replica. One of the better 308 replicas out there that doesn't look entirely fake and is a step above the more common 308 kits.

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks!
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
that sales video is great.....will help big time!!
good luck!!
BOBBY D

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
I watched the build thread. Great car.

You mnetion it has custom exhaust, which sounds awesome. Does it have a cat installed to pass emissions?
EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BOBBY D:

I watched the build thread. Great car.

You mnetion it has custom exhaust, which sounds awesome. Does it have a cat installed to pass emissions?

There is no cat installed. Tennessee doesn't have emissions tests
zach99zulu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zach99zuluSend a Private Message to zach99zuluDirect Link to This Post
Sounds fricken awesome!
EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by zach99zulu:

Sounds fricken awesome!

Thanks. It not far from being an open exhaust haha
EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post

EVM_Rob

168 posts
Member since Sep 2011
Well, the car is on ebay now. Nothing to do but sit and wait a week
indyguy888

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for indyguy888Send a Private Message to indyguy888Direct Link to This Post
You mean to tell me she won't settle for a Vegas Wedding ? I just bought one of these last September. I couldn't part with mine.

EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by indyguy888:

You mean to tell me she won't settle for a Vegas Wedding ? I just bought one of these last September. I couldn't part with mine.

Nah. She wants the whole shabang. Doing it in St Augustine, FL at a bed and breakfast that was built in 1791.....and its reportedly haunted. Thats my favorite part! "I aint afraid of no ghosts"
PFF
System Bot
I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with your sale.

On a side note, the custom exhaust you have sounds real good. How is it configured and what size tubing?
Thanks.
EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by I FAR I:

Good luck with your sale.

On a side note, the custom exhaust you have sounds real good. How is it configured and what size tubing?
Thanks.

The tubing is all still stock size. Inch and a half I think? The manifolds and collector are stock. From the collector where it turns 2 into 1 it enters a cherry bomb style muffler ( the long skinny ones ) where the catalytic used be and from there it goes to the back and splits into 2 again for the exhaust tips where the original muffler used to be.
I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IDirect Link to This Post
Excellent!

I've got some Ansa tips that I was wanting to use and hearing the sound of your car has made me decide to go ahead and also run either a cherry bomb or resonator from the same location as the 'cat' and use the resonator tips without a muffler.

Thanks
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Excellent!

I've got some Ansa tips that I was wanting to use and hearing the sound of your car has made me decide to go ahead and also run either a cherry bomb or resonator from the same location as the 'cat' and use the resonator tips without a muffler.

Thanks

Mee tooo, now....cept i got OEM Mera tips to but on my.....Mera.
too bad you Have to sell such a good looking car that helps me see what mine would look like with the black lace wheels
win win!!........good luck with a speedy sale

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-23-2012).]

I FAR I

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I FAR ISend a Private Message to I FAR IDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by EVM_Rob:

The tubing is all still stock size. Inch and a half I think? The manifolds and collector are stock. From the collector where it turns 2 into 1 it enters a cherry bomb style muffler ( the long skinny ones ) where the catalytic used be and from there it goes to the back and splits into 2 again for the exhaust tips where the original muffler used to be.

I really appreciate the insights. Can you tell me what length and diameter Cherry bomb you used?

Thanks(again)
EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2012 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post

I really appreciate the insights. Can you tell me what length and diameter Cherry bomb you used?

Thanks(again)

Not sure about the specs. Its just something they had at advanced auto parts.
McHoffa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McHoffaSend a Private Message to McHoffaDirect Link to This Post
When I saw this the first time, I thought "Wow, that exterior looks amazing" but now that I've seen the thread of the build process, all done by hand, I'm blown away... amazing work...
EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by McHoffa:

When I saw this the first time, I thought "Wow, that exterior looks amazing" but now that I've seen the thread of the build process, all done by hand, I'm blown away... amazing work...

Thanks a lot!
EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post
Just got the car back from the mechanic and its running fine again (it had developed a miss). Now I am running out of time to get the car sold. I am lowering the price to $6950. You wont ever find one as close to as nice for that kind of money.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap.... That's a deal.
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

Now I am running out of time to get the car sold.

Are you selling body kits or replacement panels ? seems like there might be interest ...

{ bump for Rob }
EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

Are you selling body kits or replacement panels ? seems like there might be interest ...

{ bump for Rob }

Yep, I have every part available for car priced individually and a complete kit including all body panels, lights, grills and hardware for $4295

On another note the car finally sold on ebay for the ridiculous amount of $6495. Breaks my heart
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Didn't set a reserve? Way too cheap, man.

Whoever stole it needs to join up, I guess.
EVM_Rob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2012 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EVM_RobSend a Private Message to EVM_RobDirect Link to This Post
Had to sell it at no reserve. That was my starting price and the only bid it received. My wedding is in 6 months and I was running out of time and need the money asap. So do what ya gotta do. I will eventually biuld another one to keep in the future and make it even better (replica interior, real Ferrari wheels, 3800 SC engine swap etc..)
3084me

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob,

I was keeping an eye on the auction. (I also have a 308 replica that.. like you I spent a ton of time Hand Building.) I'm just wrapping up my 3rd SBC / Getrag swap. By far, this is the best 308 I've built.

By any chance are you selling the pop up headlight covers? I've made a set from aluminum but I was wondering if you sell the fiberglass ones. I want to do some modifications but don't want to mess up my metal ones.

Shoot me a PM me if you want.

Sorry to see the sales price - someone got a real hell of adeal.

Brian

[This message has been edited by 3084me (edited 04-29-2012).]

ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post
Looks Nice, How much did it go for, just out of curiosity
3084me

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3084meSend a Private Message to 3084meDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALL_CAMMED_UP:

Looks Nice, How much did it go for, just out of curiosity

Hey ALL_CAMMED_UP,

I think it was something like $6400 or $6950 on Ebay. HELL of a Deal.

EDIT: It was $6495 on Ebay. HELL of a Deal.

Where are you in PA. Always nice to see some new "East Coasters" around.

[This message has been edited by 3084me (edited 04-29-2012).]

ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3084me:
Hey ALL_CAMMED_UP,

I think it was something like $6400 or $6950 on Ebay. HELL of a Deal.

Where are you in PA. Always nice to see some new "East Coasters" around.

Thats a nice ride for that price. Above Pittsburgh about 40 miles

Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wDirect Link to This Post
Look up a few posts

On another note the car finally sold on ebay for the ridiculous amount of $6495. Breaks my heart

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock