$27 shipped Short Shifters AND AUTOMATIC SHORTENED SHIFTERS by gtxbullet
Started on: 02-16-2012 08:37 PM
Replies: 31
Last post by: gtxbullet on 07-26-2012 04:12 PM
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
NOT AVAILABLE

[This message has been edited by gtxbullet (edited 03-09-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Pics of the auto??
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

Pics of the auto??

whups, I copied the wrong link. sorry about that. FIXED IT!!
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserDirect Link to This Post
Installed??
V8IndyProject

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8IndyProjectSend a Private Message to V8IndyProjectDirect Link to This Post
So do you need my manual shifter first to make it shorter, or do you already have a supply of them?
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by V8IndyProject:

So do you need my manual shifter first to make it shorter, or do you already have a supply of them?

I have plenty of cores ready to go
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

gtxbullet

4164 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

Installed??

Unfortunately no, and I don't have the name of the Pennocks Members I sold them to...it was at least 2 years ago.

and I can't put it in one of my "MANUAL" cars to take a picture because I use them daily. sorry
V8IndyProject

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for V8IndyProjectSend a Private Message to V8IndyProjectDirect Link to This Post
Well in that case, I'll help you out. I'll take one.
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by V8IndyProject:

Well in that case, I'll help you out. I'll take one.

GREAT!!!! Thanks!!

I'll ship it out first thing tomorrow!
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2012 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
Interested in knowing what's involved with installing the auto one.
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

Interested in knowing what's involved with installing the auto one.

it is the same procedure as removing a manual shifter assembly, except there's only one cable instead of 2.
there are a couple write ups online on how to do it.
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2012 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

it is the same procedure as removing a manual shifter assembly, except there's only one cable instead of 2.
there are a couple write ups online on how to do it.

No, there are still two cables. The automatic shift cable to the transmission, and the cable going forward into the steering column for the park interlock, so you can't pull it out of park without turning the key.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Put me down for a standard shifter. Let me know you have one still available and I will send payment.

Ben
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

No, there are still two cables. The automatic shift cable to the transmission, and the cable going forward into the steering column for the park interlock, so you can't pull it out of park without turning the key.

whups. thanks matt. kickdown cable...
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

gtxbullet

4164 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Marine1981:

Put me down for a standard shifter. Let me know you have one still available and I will send payment.

Ben

standard shifter? do you mean a stock one?
shoot me a PM
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent. I needed one for a 4 speed, not an auto.
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2012 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
PM replied
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Payment sent. Thanks for working with me.
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2012 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Payment sent. Thanks for working with me.

you're very welcome!
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
I received mine today in the mail. I requested a 3/8' threaded shaft so for an extra charge he made it happen. Here is a picture of my shift knob and it attached to the shortened shifter. The way it was done I can also trim it down myself another inch or so if I need to. I will post pics of it in my car when I get it installed in there but that may be a while.

Ben

gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

I received mine today in the mail. I requested a 3/8' threaded shaft so for an extra charge he made it happen. Here is a picture of my shift knob and it attached to the shortened shifter. The way it was done I can also trim it down myself another inch or so if I need to. I will post pics of it in my car when I get it installed in there but that may be a while.

Ben

I tried to fine the longest threaded Grade 8 Bolt, and that's what I found. figured you would be able to fine tun it if need be.

and I gotta say it again. I'm loving that lever knob. reminds me of a big knife handle. though it's for a bar tap...be sure you're not swinging it around too much, might be pulled over for drunk driving...haha

glad I could help you out!

Steve
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
It actually is a knife handle, they made it a gear shift / tap lever for crazy people like me. lol

Google Ka Bar or follow this link
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2012 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

It actually is a knife handle, they made it a gear shift / tap lever for crazy people like me. lol

Google Ka Bar or follow this link

sweet! I have a friend who may want one for his 85 GT 3.4L 4-speed
Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
Well if he wants one you can Google a discount code that will even out the cost of the shipping.
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Well if he wants one you can Google a discount code that will even out the cost of the shipping.

thanks!
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
bump. I'm putting the rest of the shifters that haven't been bought on EBAY.

I'll post a link on Sunday.

thank you all from buying from me, I would've liked to have kept making these but I never got any cores or offers for a box full of cores.

I still offer the service - you send me yours along with $15 MONEY ORDER and I'll mail you back a shortened lever (return shipping is included in the $15)

I am trying to sell of parts so I can finally buy my Indy Pace car from a friend. so every penny counts. check out my sale thread or give me a list of what you need in a PM and hopefully I'll have what you need.

Sincerely,

Steve
gtxbullet
bgotchtopnotch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 03:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bgotchtopnotchSend a Private Message to bgotchtopnotchDirect Link to This Post
I will be on the lookout on ebay for the remaining short shifters that you are selling
steinke_andy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2012 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steinke_andySend a Private Message to steinke_andyDirect Link to This Post
Received mine today, can't wait to get it installed and see how it looks =D

PM sent

[This message has been edited by steinke_andy (edited 03-14-2012).]

Fiero_fighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_fighterSend a Private Message to Fiero_fighterDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent sir
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2012 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
pm sent for auto shifter.....I can't believe I missed this thread!
Dre13Style

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dre13StyleSend a Private Message to Dre13StyleDirect Link to This Post
Will this work with a 5spd? my car has been converted from the Beretta GTZ donor car
PFF
System Bot
gtxbullet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2012 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
SOLD OUT

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock