3.8 Supercharged V6 - 86 Fiero GT by 87FieroGT
Started on: 11-21-2011 11:42 PM
Replies: 29
Last post by: MstangsBware on 04-23-2012 09:11 PM
87FieroGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
86 Fiero GT for sale

3.8 Supercharged V6 from a 1998 Buick Regal GS
5 speed stock getrag transmission with RAM heavy duty clutch
Rear Coil over shock rear conversion
Lowered 1/2 coil front springs
A/C installed but currently not working
Sunset Orange Metallic color from Mitsubishi Eclipse

Selling car to help my brother with his wedding.
Some things you must now is that the car was recently in a wreck on the drivers front side. The suspension was fixed but the frame still needs to be pulled out and the body panels installed, but I drive it daily back and forth to work and around town. I have replacement panels for the fender and door panel that will go with the car. Selling price is based on the engine conversion. Asking price starting at $2500.00. Serious offers only. Pics to come tomorrow showing current condition.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
how many miles?? Orange i like orange and i like 3800 SC even better
you think it will make the trip for me to drive home to MI??
i will be awaitin on the photos, too

thanks in advance
Daniel
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossDirect Link to This Post
picts??????
87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Its been a long time coming, but here are the pictures everyone has been waiting for. It was up in the air wether I was going to sell it with the 3800 or swap it to another Fiero I just purchased. I decided to stick with the automatic and upgrade it to a V8 later on down the road. Someone is going to get a great deal with this car. As it stands I am asking $2500. If it does not sell soon I am going to fix the frame and get the bodywork completed and the price will go up. Here are the pics.

img]https://images.fiero.nl/2012/fiero_014.jpg[/img]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Beautiful looking car before the wreck! Someones getting a great deal, good luck!
CSlater21

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CSlater21Send a Private Message to CSlater21Direct Link to This Post
So the frame took damage?

Any idea on what it would cost to fix plus paint?
WillR2KS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillR2KSSend a Private Message to WillR2KSDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CSlater21:

So the frame took damage?

Any idea on what it would cost to fix plus paint?

Rough estimate (I had similar frame damage on my car):

Frame- $4-600
Paint- (Fender+ rear bumper)- $3-500
Marker light- $15
Tail light- $75+ (depending on condition)

To the OP- how many miles are on the swap out of curiosity?

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 01-27-2012).]

87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
FYI, frame repair was only going to be $150. If you do the painting yourself it is only a couple hundered.

Swap possibly has 80,000 on since installed. Only had 60,000 when purchased. Real mileage unknown since I did not keep track of it.

------------------
----------------------

typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
PM sent...
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Why can't you be in NY! lol. shameless bump.
PFF
System Bot
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Can you send me current condition pics large enough that I can see details of damage and so on?

Thanks
jesse@thomasbuilt.net
3.1 88FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.1 88FieroGTSend a Private Message to 3.1 88FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
p.m. sent
typhoon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for typhoonSend a Private Message to typhoonDirect Link to This Post
Yo, 87FieroGT
Please answer the PM's.
Thanks
87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Yo, No need to shout. I do have a job and family that take priority. I am looking at them now.
87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2012 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

87FieroGT

491 posts
Member since May 99
All PM's answered. Check your boxes.
87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Bump...
CSlater21

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CSlater21Send a Private Message to CSlater21Direct Link to This Post
Another PM Sent
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
This is a bargain! Surprised it isn't sold. Bump for you as I'm too deep in Fiero projects right now.
Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Direct Link to This Post
if only you lived closer....
87FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all who inquired. Fiero has been sold to a fellow forum member. Congrats to the new owner of this great 3800 SC Fiero. Please don't ask me who it is, if the new owner chooses to chime in it will be up to him. Thanks to Cliff for continuing to make this forum available to all Fiero owners, without this forum my car may have gone to someone who would not appreciate an engine swap like we all do.

------------------
----------------------

PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87FieroGT:

Thanks to all who inquired. Fiero has been sold to a fellow forum member. Congrats to the new owner of this great 3800 SC Fiero. Please don't ask me who it is, if the new owner chooses to chime in it will be up to him. Thanks to Cliff for continuing to make this forum available to all Fiero owners, without this forum my car may have gone to someone who would not appreciate an engine swap like we all do.

Thank you for the opportunity to purchase this awesome machine. It was great to meet you and your wife, and I look forward to seeing you guys at a meet up in a running Fiero.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Thank you for the opportunity to purchase this awesome machine. It was great to meet you and your wife, and I look forward to seeing you guys at a meet up in a running Fiero.

Sounds like the car might be back on the road a little faster than planned....
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsDirect Link to This Post
Dang Will, you starting your own Fiero Farm? Looks like a chop will be running VERY soon. Wonder what it will look like.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2012 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 05:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:
Dang Will, you starting your own Fiero Farm? Looks like a chop will be running VERY soon. Wonder what it will look like.

No Fiero Farm just yet! Ironic that I sold all my Fieros to focus on getting my Formula the way I wanted it, and I am now having to buy more Fieros to complete it!

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Sounds like the car might be back on the road a little faster than planned....

From the looks of the original add and pictures, I thought this car was going to be a parts car with an engine swap. As it turns out, this is a VERY FAST car even with the stock 3800 SC swap. It would take very little to get this car back to perfect so it seems a shame to pull the engine just to put it in the Chop Top. I am debating on what to do.

--Will

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 02-08-2012).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

From the looks of the original add and pictures, I thought this car was going to be a parts car with an engine swap. As it turns out, this is a VERY FAST car even with the stock 3800 SC swap. It would take very little to get this car back to perfect so it seems a shame to pull the engine just to put it in the Chop Top. I am debating on what to do.

--Will

Fix it and drive it...then focus on working on the chop so there is no rush on it....
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2012 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Fix it and drive it...then focus on working on the chop so there is no rush on it....

Thought about driving it to the Bat City meet on the 11th.

gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaDirect Link to This Post
Will and I got together on this one and now it's setting in my garage. I can't get to it immediately, but plan to put it back to its pre-accident condition. Thanks, Will.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtoformula:

Will and I got together on this one and now it's setting in my garage. I can't get to it immediately, but plan to put it back to its pre-accident condition. Thanks, Will.

Good to see the deal went thru.....

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock