Started on: 10-25-2011 10:00 AM
Replies: 31
Last post by: MstangsBware on 09-28-2013 08:38 PM
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
So I just worked out a deal with my machine shop and I have 10 of these ready to go. The price came back cheaper than originally planned so I am passing the savings on down the line. I have in stock ready to ship, 10 3800 low mount alternator brackets that utilize the Fiero 2.8L alternator. This does not come with any sort of tensioner. What we do is notch out the aluminum dog bone mount above the top bolt and bolt a tensioner in place. I have some pictures somewhere, and I am digging up the part number. Anyway, I have these for $75 in stock and ready to ship. Let me know!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
any chance of a pic?
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxDirect Link to This Post
doest it is the same than purple reign sale ???????????
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a good deal but you need to clarify. Over the years the GTP alternator has changed. The later ones are different than the early ones.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, ZZP Intercooler, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

Sounds like a good deal but you need to clarify. Over the years the GTP alternator has changed. The later ones are different than the early ones.

It uses a Fiero alternator.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

fieroX

5234 posts
Member since Oct 2001
1 down, 9 to go. $75, how can you go wrong with that?
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

1 down, 9 to go. $75, how can you go wrong with that?

How the heck can you sell these for $75 and not lose money?
Theres allot of pieces to that design = allot to cut = allot to weld + there painted (or coated)!!!
I suspect these will go quick...

If I were going to use the Fiero altenator and didn't already make my own; I would have paid $75 for one of these in a heart-beat! After making my own, $75 is dirt cheap for whats involved...

edit to add
You should make one for the newer style GTP alts as well. The design isn't nearly as complicated and it would give us another option...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 10-25-2011).]

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
pm sent..
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

How the heck can you sell these for $75 and not lose money?
Theres allot of pieces to that design = allot to cut = allot to weld + there painted (or coated)!!!
I suspect these will go quick...

If I were going to use the Fiero altenator and didn't already make my own; I would have paid $75 for one of these in a heart-beat! After making my own, $75 is dirt cheap for whats involved...

edit to add
You should make one for the newer style GTP alts as well. The design isn't nearly as complicated and it would give us another option...

I am working on the GTP style alternator, but its kind of back-burnered right now because I am so busy with my gun business at the moment. There is a lot involved, but I have a machine shop that makes products for me (my mounts) and I guess they just like me a lot cause I get pretty good prices. Then I can pass the savings on to you guys. The mounts/fiero parts part of my business is probably less than 5% of my revenue. 80% is auto repair service, and 15% is my gun business. I have no problem making a thin margin to hook you guys up with products in need.
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

fieroX

5234 posts
Member since Oct 2001
2 gone 8 left. Any takers?
PFF
System Bot
Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post
i would be all over this if it was made for the alternator that belongs to the 3800 not the stock fiero one

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hardpact:

i would be all over this if it was made for the alternator that belongs to the 3800 not the stock fiero one

Those are going to be more $$

Oh and to fuel the debate, you can get a brand new 88 Fiero 105 amp alternator with a lifetime warranty from Oreilly's for $99. A Grand Prix 105 amp alternator (stock), with a lifetime warranty is $140.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
Would you need to change the plug on the wiring and swap over to a pulley for the GP's?

[This message has been edited by Steel (edited 10-27-2011).]

Hardpact

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HardpactSend a Private Message to HardpactDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Would you need to change the plug on the wiring and swap over to a pulley for the GP's?

making my own harness and already got a brand new alternator on the motor setup now !!!!

so how much more for the newer alt. bracket??

------------------

BLUE BY YOU!
NYFOC

fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Im not sure yet on the pricing for the GP alternators, it may be awhile as that project is completely back-burnered for right now. I just got a killer deal on these because I ordered 5, but they made a mistake and made me 10. so they cut me a deal if I took them all.

All you have to do is run a 6 rib pulley off any ol alternator, and splice in a plug that fits your alternator. 5 minute job.

[This message has been edited by fieroX (edited 10-27-2011).]

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

I just got a killer deal on these because I ordered 5, but they made a mistake and made me 10. so they cut me a deal if I took them all.

Ahh, that makes more sense! I was wondering how you got your price SO LOW
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2011 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Im a good guy though, I pass the savings down the line
fieroX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
^^^
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
no problems with my fiero ALT on my 3800 for 100 bucks i had it rebuilt to 130amp and the 3800 pully installed, great price would buy one for sure if this was available 1 year ago !
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
Got any pics mounted on the engine? Interested.

Jonathan
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

great price would buy one for sure if this was available 1 year ago !

Me also...

I had a new fiero alt I could have used, but the 3800 I purchased also had a new alt. so I just made the bracket for the 3800 because it was easier to make...
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I recieved my FieroX alt bracket yesterday, a quick turnaround from the day I purchased.

It is certainly a beefy unit, and fairly complex. Certainly not anything I would want to try to cobble together!
The price for value seems real good... and I try to support Fiero exclusive vendors (and friends!) when possible.

Thanks Ryan!
(I left feedback for this transaction and will check to make sure I have you down with a (+)

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?
......................................................www.northtexasfieroclub.org

Brian T. Brown

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian T. BrownSend a Private Message to Brian T. BrownDirect Link to This Post
Any new news on the 3800 low mount bracket?

------------------
Brian T. Brown
1987 Fiero GT Fastback
1998 Grand Prix GTP

Ridgelandbaseball

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2012 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Purple86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Purple86GTSend a Private Message to Purple86GTDirect Link to This Post
Is this any use to people like me who don't have AC? I'm planning on mounting my alternator where the AC compressor used to be. If i go this route, I think my belt routing would be messed up right?

Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2012 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2012 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
Waiting to hear back, I didn't realize this thread was kinda old but I would really like one of these brackets to use my MSD 5110 Alt.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2013 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Ryan, I'd love to purchase one of these from you. Are you still making them up?
fierofan25

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofan25Send a Private Message to fierofan25Direct Link to This Post
I need one too!!
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofan25:

I need one too!!

X is out of the Fiero business so unless u find it used then u r out of luck on this style.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock