Wanting to trade 8" Underdash Custom Subwoofer by Boogaloo
Started on: 05-30-2011 01:02 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: XgovernmentAgent on 04-01-2012 06:10 PM
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooDirect Link to This Post
I am willing to trade the awesome 8" underdash subwoofer , it has a pioneer sub woofer that mounts under the passenger side under the dash speaker and has the mounting brackets attached. this will need an amplifier to power it as the stock radio will not do the job.

It works fine and will not arrive DOA, what I am asking is a pair of front springs 85 to 87 uncut and a headlight wiring harness if you have a parts car it will be much easier and I will cover the cost of shipping the sub to you .

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Hmmmmmm. I have both things you're looking for, and I'm interested in the subwoofer, but I'm very concerned that the sub doesn't have enough air space to work properly in that bass tube........
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooDirect Link to This Post
If you have the right set up you will have no problems with it sounding good I have used it for about 2 year with no problems , naturally you will need at least a 3 way system with a crossover set to about 40 hz and an equalizer for optimum tonal equalization and a dedicated amplifier to power it then you will never have a problem about sounding good , you will not break any SPL records like a 12" or 15" in a large enclosure but it will sound ten times better than the stock sub woofer system.

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I currently am running an Alpine 250 watt amp to an 8" sub that sits on the passenger floor board. Only problem is that I have to remove it and put it in the trunk anytime I need to carry a passenger.
I'm not into loud bass at all, but when I throw in some led zepplin and crank it I don't want it to distort, but I still wanna be able to hear it.

So you think this will work for me?
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooDirect Link to This Post
I fully understand what you are saying andsee your concern but if your system starts to distort it means that your amplifier is either reaching it's peak and starts to clip an Alpine is not supposed to do that or you are overdriving your sub with mids high and bass at the same time that means that your sub is trying to reproduce all the frequencies at the same time in that case it will soung like SH#^.

If your amp has a built in crossover where you have a dedicated channel for bass and you have mids and highs you will not have to turn it up loud to sound good to distort, this is not a lecture but just giving the facts about this sub enclosure................if you ever heard a bazooka play it will give you an idea how it sounds.
zmcdonal

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zmcdonalSend a Private Message to zmcdonalDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Also I was just wondering why you're getting rid of it, looks like a lot of work went into that.

------------------

Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooDirect Link to This Post
I have a 10" in the center console and the tube was under the dash but Idid a dash swap and it can no longer fiton the passenger side as for ease of installation it already has the brackets to mount it under the dash.

edited for spacing.

[This message has been edited by Boogaloo (edited 05-30-2011).]

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
i have a set of front springs please let me know where to send them for a trade!
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 06:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooDirect Link to This Post
Trade pending.
XgovernmentAgent

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XgovernmentAgentSend a Private Message to XgovernmentAgentDirect Link to This Post
would you be willing to sell just the box? If so, how much?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock