WTB: 88 GT / Formula WS6 Springs by Axdrenalin
Started on: 05-23-2011 10:16 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: fyrehazrd on 07-13-2012 12:53 PM
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post
I've finally brought home an 88 GT project car for my son and I this past weekend, so I'm looking for a complete set of springs (front and rear) out of a 1988 GT or possibly a Formula. These need to be factory height and uncut, as I'm looking to restore this GT back to it's original ride height. A previous owner cut the existing springs and it's just too low for the road conditions and the general area that we live in.

Please PM me with your asking price shipped to 37683. If you're in the East Tennessee / Western NC region, then I can probably meet you in person to complete the transaction.

Thanks in advance,

Robert

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I got what you need! I am in the process of parting out a bone stock '88 Formula (they are 100% identical to '88 GT springs). I'll PM you.
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfiero:

I got what you need! I am in the process of parting out a bone stock '88 Formula (they are 100% identical to '88 GT springs). I'll PM you.

Received and responded to! Just let me know....

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 02:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Completely random! But my grandparents live in Mountain City. I'm very happy to see there's a Fiero there! I plan to drive my Formula down there this summer with my girlfriend. Do you by chance know a Dean Gouge?
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Completely random! But my grandparents live in Mountain City. I'm very happy to see there's a Fiero there! I plan to drive my Formula down there this summer with my girlfriend. Do you by chance know a Dean Gouge?

Small world out there, isn't it? I've heard the name before, but I can't say that I know him personally. Looks like he might live up in the Pleasant Valley area of the county though.
jwrape

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Looks good though. How many coils are cut off

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, and 86 GT

rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Why does your 88 have an 87 paint scheme?
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

Looks good though. How many coils are cut off

Not sure, I think he went down 1.5 or two. Won't know for sure until I get them pulled out and compared to the factory stock ones going in. The stance is nice, but it'll beat the crap out of you on some of the local roads...

Originally posted by rpro:

Why does your 88 have an 87 paint scheme?

The front end fascia and the ground aero were replaced from parts off an 87. The drivers side fender has a small crack in it too, but I've got a mettalic red fender to put back in its place. The guy who lowered it apparently wasn't taking the stance into consideration while driving it, and messed up the front body panels, thus the silver trim on the front and side.

Robert
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2011 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
nevermind.

[This message has been edited by jaskispyder (edited 05-26-2011).]

NC&StL

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NC&StLSend a Private Message to NC&StLDirect Link to This Post
Axdrenalin, is that the car that was for sale in Douglasville? If so, you got a great deal. Glad to see it go to a good home.
Axdrenalin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2011 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NC&StL:

Axdrenalin, is that the car that was for sale in Douglasville? If so, you got a great deal. Glad to see it go to a good home.

Yes Sir, that's the one. I called Don a couple times and talked with him about it, then I took a trailer with me on Saturday to go look at it and ended up bringing it home. I've been on the lookout for a project car since my son has taken such a strong interest in my black Fiero, and this one seemed to be about what I was looking for. The ride height has to go back up to stock, so that's the first order of business. Due to budget concerns, I'm not doing any major suspension mods beyond that. I have some Monroe struts coming, springs from MrFiero, stock sized Yokohama's all the way around, and a 3.4 lined up that I hope to have in my possesion over the next few days.

Did I mention this was going to be a project car? <grin> Another thing I found interesting was that even though my "black" 88 GT T-Top car was in much nicer condition with only 40k miles, the 'red" GT that I bought from Don costs me $12 more every six months in insurance. Same coverage, same policy, same company, same classification, everything...must be the color RED raising the rates!

Take care.....

Robert
PFF
System Bot
Axl_Rose

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Axl_RoseSend a Private Message to Axl_RoseDirect Link to This Post
Im not sure if you got my PM, but i was wondering if you still had the old set of springs you took off your sons car. Please PM me if you do, i am interested =)

Thanks,

Dan
fyrehazrd

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrehazrdClick Here to visit fyrehazrd's HomePageSend a Private Message to fyrehazrdDirect Link to This Post
good luck with getting parts :] will be good to know another fiero is in the area . im all alone in bristol.

-Wes

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock