Rebuilt V6 EGR Solenoids back in stock by Paulv
Started on: 05-20-2010 08:06 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: Paulv on 08-24-2012 08:46 AM
Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
Do you get a code 32 on your V6 Fiero? It usually occurs at highway speed, not always at idle, and may come and go as you drive. Normally this is due to a malfunctioning EGR Vacuum Control Solenoid which is located right under the map sensor on the passenger side of the engine. This Solenoid has a total of 3 ports, one dual rubber line port (vacuum source/EGR valve), a fresh air intake port, and a 4 pronged electrical connector. This controller is activated by the ECM when the input from the coolant sensor, MAP sensor and engine RPM are within normal operating range. With this input the controller then supplies vacuum to the EGR valve diaphragm (the valve on the drivers side of the engine above the exhaust "Y" pipe). This allows exhaust gases to flow up the EGR tube to the intake plenum to actually "cool" the piston chambers.
If this system is not operating to factory specifications, too little or no EGR flow allows combustion temperatures to get too high during acceleration and load conditions. This could cause:
Spark Knock
Engine overheating
Engine stops after cold start
Engine stops at idle after deceleration
Car surges during cruise
Rough idle
The Fix? If no vacuum leak is present in your EGR circuit and your EGR valve is functional, replace the EGR solenoid.

This solenoid is GM part# 10038324, still a good # at GM. Price is $213.99 list, and $134.64 from some of the online GM parts sites. The Fiero Store lists this as their part #68324 at $149.95.

These (used) solenoids have been disassembled to restore normal vacuum valve operations, internal air filter replaced if needed, electrical vacuum sensor repaired or replaced, exterior cleaned to look like new, then vacuum tested and all electrical functions tested and verified for proper operation.
Priced at $75.00 including shipping.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Longshots7

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Longshots7Click Here to visit Longshots7's HomePageSend a Private Message to Longshots7Direct Link to This Post
I would like to get one of these. I'm in Iraq with the Army, but my car is at the Fiero Factory after being a submarine in Nashville. I can send you a PayPal payment and you could just send it there?

Jeff
npdimonte

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for npdimonteSend a Private Message to npdimonteDirect Link to This Post
bump
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Longshots7:
I would like to get one of these. I'm in Iraq with the Army, but my car is at the Fiero Factory after being a submarine in Nashville. Jeff

Aw man that sucks, i hope they take good car of your car! Welcome to the forum! Not trying to hijack, take it as a free bump
wyatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wyattSend a Private Message to wyattDirect Link to This Post
I would like to get one
How much extra shipping to melbourne Australia
Paulv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
$10.76 to Australia

------------------

My Web Site www.xnet.com/~paulv
NIFE Web Site ]www.fierofocus.com]

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
Hey Paul... I might be interested in one..

A couple questions....

Is there a guarantee for no check light?
Do you still have them available?
If I were to send you mine to have rebuilt, would the cost be less? I think the electronics are bad....
Is there an easy fix that I can do at home for the electronics?
Paulv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
While I cannot guarantee that you won't have a service light (there are other factors involved....see initial post info), rest assured that the one I send you has been tested and 99.9% sure to work. I can take yours in as a trade and give you $15.00, but you have to send it back at your expense. If the coil ("eectronics") is damaged, there is no real economical "fix" so these are not rebuilt and are disposed of. I have sold a number of these, and there has not been one dissatified response. (We do mark these rebuilts to avoid unauthorized "exchanges/returns" but that has not happened to date.)
Yes, I still have these available.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2010 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
I got one of these from Paul about a year ago and it cured my Code 32 problems. The code went away and has yet to come back so I'm satisfied. So, free plug for your product
crt454

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crt454Send a Private Message to crt454Direct Link to This Post
Are you still selling these? And what kind of payment would you want?
Paulv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
Yes, these are still available.
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
crt454

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crt454Send a Private Message to crt454Direct Link to This Post
Ok, thanks. PM sent.
ElectricFiero

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectricFieroClick Here to visit ElectricFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectricFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Paulv:

If this system is not operating to factory specifications, too little or no EGR flow allows combustion temperatures to get too high during acceleration and load conditions. This could cause:
Spark Knock
Engine overheating
Engine stops after cold start
Engine stops at idle after deceleration
Car surges during cruise
Rough idle

Paul,

Add to this list that with combustion chamber temps higher gives a high reading for NOX on the emissions test.. been there, done that, 3-times to get my '86GT to pass emissions.
crt454

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crt454Send a Private Message to crt454Direct Link to This Post
I recieved the solenoid today and got it installed, I haven't had time to take the car for a spin yet. But, your product looks great.
Thanks.
realliving1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for realliving1Send a Private Message to realliving1Direct Link to This Post
I'm shopping for the code 32 repair! Got engine light after warm up and at freeway speeds. Also seems sluggish. Must need a egr solenoid!
Let me know?
Thanks
wyates@neo.rr.com
Finale-gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finale-gtSend a Private Message to Finale-gtDirect Link to This Post
Hi. Do you still have any of these? If so how much extra to ship to England please?

Thanks
Martin
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2011 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
funny this shows up from the dead......i have a question concerning this part.

does the fresh air in-port have a hose connected to it?? like from maybe the air filter canister??

i may need one of these too
the symptoms sound like what alis me Mera.......a good deal to boot.

Daniel
turbodad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2011 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbodadSend a Private Message to turbodadDirect Link to This Post
Paul V, you have a PM.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
I sent you a PM also.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:does the fresh air in-port have a hose connected to it?? like from maybe the air filter canister??

yes, look at the pictures about 1/2 way down this page.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045528.html

herb_mcracer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for herb_mcracerSend a Private Message to herb_mcracerDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.
PFF
System Bot
MC2Rush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2012 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MC2RushClick Here to visit MC2Rush's HomePageSend a Private Message to MC2RushDirect Link to This Post
I wish I would have seen this... .I have a new one on it's way.... I have two broken ones if you need more cores.
fierohobby

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohobbySend a Private Message to fierohobbyDirect Link to This Post
I may need one of these. Are they still available?

-fh
kennn

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2012 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kennnSend a Private Message to kennnDirect Link to This Post
Paul,

Are these any longer available?

Ken

------------------
'88 Formula V6
'88 GT TPI V8

BigBenb84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigBenb84Send a Private Message to BigBenb84Direct Link to This Post
Looks like Paul isn't checking this anymore. I need a new EGR Solenoid :-(
Paulv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
These rebuilt EGR solenoids are still available.

------------------

My Web Site
www.paulvargyas.com
NIFE Web Site ]www.fierofocus.com]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock