84 4 Speed Manual Transmission (Oregon) by GraterFang
Started on: 02-26-2012 05:17 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: GraterFang on 03-12-2012 03:42 PM
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
I had this in my Fiero for about a year before I pulled it out and replaced with a five speed. Its been sitting since then (about a year) and I've decided I'll no longer have any use for it.

Worked and shifted great when pulled. I can provide the transmission, the 4-speed shifter, shifter cables, shift brackets, mount brackets, mounts, and a 84 clutch line if desired.

I'll provide more info/pictures for anybody that is interested. Buyer would have to arrange shipping if they aren't local but I'm willing to help out with that (97322).

-Make offer-

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 03-12-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
eightysixfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eightysixfieroSend a Private Message to eightysixfieroDirect Link to This Post
is it the 410 or econo theres a big price difference in the two
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
Good question

This is the performance 4 speed, RPO code: M19
eightysixfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eightysixfieroSend a Private Message to eightysixfieroDirect Link to This Post
i have 2 sitting in my garage there hard to even give away
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2012 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
It all depends on what somebody wants. I had at one time three automatics that I spent a couple months trying to give away. A month after that somebody got ahold of me wanting to buy one for a relatively high price.

Yes, this transmission isn't for everybody but its not without some appeal. This is a great working transmission with the majority or possibly all of the parts needed to put it in a Fiero. For somebody that has a 2.5L and wants a fun manual behind it then this can be desirable to them.

Besides, I haven't said that I'm expecting much for it. I'm mostly looking to get some of my parts to other Fiero owners that can use them so I don't have to scrap good parts. Thanks for "contributing" though...

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 02-27-2012).]

GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2012 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
There has been some interest in this so I took a tally of the parts I do have for this setup.

If you wanted an almost complete setup I can provide the transmission, the 4-speed shifter, shifter cables, shift brackets, mount brackets, mounts, and a 84 clutch line. I wasn't able to find a slave but that is probably something you would want to replace anyways. Another thing I wasn't able to find was the VSS for the transmission. I have the speedo drive gear for the VSS but not the VSS itself.

I would like to see this go to a good home so any reasonable offer is considered. I would also consider selling individual parts if nobody claims the whole thing. Most of the parts are in very good shape.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyDirect Link to This Post
I need the mount brackets and the slave cylinder Bracket let me know if your willing to separate..thanks

------------------
--Mark--
87 GT soon to be 3400 SFI OBD2

GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
There has been some interest in the complete kit but no sale has been made. I will be willing to separate soon and will later provide pictures as well. Please check back in the thread later tonight or tomorrow for pictures if you are interested.
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2012 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
Parts are now for sale individually. If you want pictures of anything I listed above please just ask.

Here are a few by request:

84 4-speed shifter

Brackets

Unfortunately I am having difficulty finding the slave cylinder bracket at this time. Replacements are available from Rodney Dickman however.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 03-03-2012).]

GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
No ones interested in individual parts anymore?
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyDirect Link to This Post
Sorry its been a busy weekend..how much for the 2 mount brackets shipped to 18631?
PFF
System Bot
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2012 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyDirect Link to This Post
paypal sent for brackets!!
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2012 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
Brackets shipped.

Sale pending on everything else.
86 toy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 toySend a Private Message to 86 toyDirect Link to This Post
Brackets came Friday..feedback left!! Thanks
84se2m4

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se2m4Send a Private Message to 84se2m4Direct Link to This Post
im looking for the shifter rod that protrudes from the tranny, anyone have one? willing to pull it out?
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84se2m4:

im looking for the shifter rod that protrudes from the tranny, anyone have one? willing to pull it out?

This? The rod that the the cable arms are bolted to? I think I know which piece you are talking about but want to make sure.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 03-11-2012).]

FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in the individual parts, I will PM tonight with details.
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
Most of the parts have been sold as of Saturday. Sorry I didn't update the post until now.

I still have the transmission, the bracket for the shifter cables, and the clutch line.

I still think I have the slave cylinder bracket as well but still haven't found it yet because it wasn't on the transmission for some reason.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 03-12-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock