Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Any interest in a Gen 2 headlight swap harness for an 84 Fiero?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Any interest in a Gen 2 headlight swap harness for an 84 Fiero? by GraterFang
Started on: 01-27-2012 06:35 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: GraterFang on 01-28-2012 11:18 PM
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 06:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
I had swapped 87-88 headlight motors into my 84 Fiero and made a custom harness that retained the multi-speed fan settings and both horns. Headlight module was mounted under the driver side headlight in the extra space there for easy access. Now that I am switching to an 88 I don't need the harness anymore.

Would there be any interest in this? Could provide pictures if there is. Not sure what to ask so make an offer if you're interested.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 01-27-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GraterFang:

I had swapped 87-88 headlight motors into my 84 Fiero and made a custom harness that retained the multi-speed fan settings and both horns. Headlight module was mounted under the driver side headlight in the extra space there for easy access. Now that I am switching to an 88 I don't need the harness anymore.

Could come with control module if desired.

Would there be any interest in this? Could provide pictures if there is. Not sure what to ask so make an offer if you're interested.

Intersted for the right price as I have an 84 that will be upgraded soon...
Fierotregg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggDirect Link to This Post
How much??
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
Not sure what to ask but it wouldn't be much. $20 plus shipping for the harness?

It was the first harness my friend and I ever did so its not the cleanest harness I've ever done. The reason I say this is that many spliced grounds for the harness were brought together In the driver side headlight area and they weren't dispersed well as I would normally do. As such, there is a small piece of extra harness/loom for this. There is also a little bit of extra wire length as well. It doesn't pose a problem but it makes the harness a bit bulkier than stock here (it still clears everything in the driver side headlight area). Soldered joints are taped and not covered with heat shrink as I normally do too.

It's not something I'm exactly proud of and being what it is I would normally just tear it apart and keep the wiring/connectors but figured somebody that wants functional gen 2 headlights might want it as it does work perfectly.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 01-27-2012).]

GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post

GraterFang

1387 posts
Member since Feb 2008
If nobody wants it I'll just strip it down and use it to build a better harness later
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2012 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
If you can do $30 shipped to 75422 I will take it...Not looking for pretty as long as it works...

GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 04:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
I'll check what shipping will be tomorrow. If it puts me near my asking price its yours. Otherwise I'll likely hold on to it for now as its worth a bit to me just in spare parts.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 01-28-2012).]

eknopps

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eknoppsSend a Private Message to eknoppsDirect Link to This Post
I have a 85 fiero and bought a 88 motor for the headlight not knowin at the time they are wired different, I was told I could not make it work on my 85 but I see you made it happen. Is your harness hard to connect to existing wiring ? Thanks and good job. Did you sell it ?? You could make money making these up and selling them on ebay.
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eknopps:

I have a 85 fiero and bought a 88 motor for the headlight not knowin at the time they are wired different, I was told I could not make it work on my 85 but I see you made it happen. Is your harness hard to connect to existing wiring ? Thanks and good job. Did you sell it ?? You could make money making these up and selling them on ebay.

The wiring aspect itself isn't too difficult. At the time though, I unfortunately was only concerned with making sure it worked and not so much with making sure it fit/looked nice.

The harness connects to the front bulkhead where your already existing front light harness is at. As such all you have to do is unplug the old one and plug the new one in. No cutting/wiring necessary.

I would be willing to make nicer ones if there was interest but would want a bit more then $20 for them.
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post

GraterFang

1387 posts
Member since Feb 2008
Just in case somebody doesn't know, the gen 2 headlights are a great improvement over the first gen headlights. They're faster, quieter, and more reliable. I will seriously never own a fiero with first gen headlights again.
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post

GraterFang

1387 posts
Member since Feb 2008
Will sell this harness for $36 shipped, priority mail.

[This message has been edited by GraterFang (edited 01-28-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GraterFang:

Will sell this harness for $36 shipped, priority mail.

$34 shipped and I will take it.......Pm if interested...
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2012 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock