Started on: 12-05-2011 06:59 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 12-08-2011 12:22 PM
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
---SOLD---
-$350 picked up locally (I live in the Metro Detroit area)-

-$400 PLUS shipping if I need to ship them-

Since I no longer have a Fiero, I have no use for these. So up for sale is a set of the coveted AusFiero Stage-2 scoops. I have the full set which includes the quarter-scoop, lower door trim, and the small front fender trim piece. As far as I know, these are no longer for sale. I have had them for a number of years and had the intention of putting them on my car when I decided to paint it. I never got around to that phase. They are in primer and do not have any holes drilled. There are a couple of tiny chips in the edges that were from shipping (see the pictures), but it's nothing that some very simple prep-work would take care of.

I should note that the reason I'm asking more to have them shipped is that I can't find a box big enough to ship them with and I have determined that my best bet of getting them shipped in one-piece is to have a UPS store to professionally pack and insure them which is going to cost me extra time and money.

------------------
'04 Mazda RX8 [url=Build Thread]http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=223864[/url]
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph (Sold and gone now)
GM Tuners

[This message has been edited by AkursedX (edited 12-08-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GraterFang

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
I want these quite badly but 400+ shipping seems like a bit much to me. I know he's not making them anymore, but to my knowledge (and I could be wrong) this is actually more expensive then when they were new, and they aren't even in perfect condition.
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GraterFang:

I want these quite badly but 400+ shipping seems like a bit much to me. I know he's not making them anymore, but to my knowledge (and I could be wrong) this is actually more expensive then when they were new, and they aren't even in perfect condition.

That concept is similar to how muscle cars now can go for over $100,000 at auctions and such. Since they aren't made anymore, and you can only get what you find, the market price will reflect what people will pay.

What they were bought for is not relevant, since you can't buy these anymore.

Another way to look at this is as if akursedX was the one making them, and therefore setting the price, since no one else has them, he can charge what he wants.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Very nice and would look real nice on my car, if you still have them once I get a few more swap harnesses out I will take them. Dan

------------------

http://www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

If you want them quite badly, then someone else probably does too... it will all come down who is willing to spend the asking price or have the highest offer. I just sold a used set of only the side panels (the door parts were long gone) and probably asked too little for them (gone with my first offer).

I doubt you will ever find a "perfect" AusFiero Stage 2 set - they were shipped oversees in bubble wrap and a plastic trash bag... so it is quite common for them to have some dings.
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
It really is all about value and what you are willing to pay. These may not sell for a month, but they will sell because they are hard to find.

I had been nagging AusFiero for a hood vent for about 2 years. He just isn't going to make anymore. The last time he was selling some stuff on here I asked him again. Turned out he had one still in the mold for a couple years. I guess I offically got the last extractor he made (and they really are shipped with just bubble wrap around them). I would love a set of these to go with it... It would be a nice Christmas present to myself...

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
FYI theres a guy on craigslist who was selling this set for a grand, so its not so bad lol.

Thanks again for your scoops Paul.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Thats actually a very fair price. I sell my scoops for $265 + S&H and my 4 piece Tapered Ground Effects for $135 + S&H

As far as perfect condition... No new fiberglass part is ever in perfect condition. All new fiberglass parts require some prep before paint. The damage to these are quite minimal and easy fixed.
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

If you like them and want them then the asking price is quite fair IMHO.
I’ve got a brand new set of these collecting dust in my garage attic along with the stage 2 hood scoop/extractor and I wouldn’t sell them this cheep. And yes, bubble wrap in a plastic garbage bag was the preferred method of shipping and even with better packaging they would still require work. Mine have several bubbles/chips in them but nothing a little vette panel adhesive wont fix if I ever get around to installing them.
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post
Points taken. I guess I just wish I knew about these when they were first available
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
oh yeah...i got a set of those in my "Fiero Goodies" Room.....mine came with some sort of an extra piece for the front fascia.....like some kind of a chin spoiler or something....anyway, i bought mine off of ebay and paid more than $400 for them by the time it was all said and done...i had really wanted a set for some time and couldn't find them for the life of me....so i snagged them and they've just been sitting around for the past 3 years right along w/ my vette taillight panel from kahines...o well, guess i'll get around to installing them someday....lol
PFF
System Bot
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'll preface my question by saying I'm not trying to be facetious, I'm just ignorant.

What do these offer over the ones JimmyS sells? I ask because they've been on my shopping list for a bit, thought I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap used set in the mean time. You're asking the same price as he does for new ones. Just wondering if these are a better quality, design, etc...
GraterFang

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GraterFangSend a Private Message to GraterFangDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by onesexyfiero:

I'll preface my question by saying I'm not trying to be facetious, I'm just ignorant.

What do these offer over the ones JimmyS sells? I ask because they've been on my shopping list for a bit, thought I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap used set in the mean time. You're asking the same price as he does for new ones. Just wondering if these are a better quality, design, etc...

Just personal preference
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
For one, JimmyS doesn't sell that style of scoop. I've owned both sets of scoops, Jimmy's STG2 and Aus STG2. I've always loved the styling of the Aus ones but Jimmy's are definitely thicker. I've also heard complaints about the Aus ones regarding glassing defects/ bubbling. Not to mention they were shipped in a garbage bag new..
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Ah, looking at them side by side I see what you mean. Looked the same from memory. Guess I prefer the look of JimmyS's. Thanks anyways. Good luck with the sale.
AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Direct Link to This Post
PM sent
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
All PM's have been replied to, and I had quite a few. Hopefully they will be sold sooner than later.

I see a lot of discussion has been brought up about price/quality/shipping etc. I feel I priced them fairly. I have seen sets on ebay go for $625 and $580 through the years. That was at a time between Ausfiero not making them and JimmyS not producing his. Like someone mentioned, there is a craigslist ad listing them for $1000. Judging by the messages that came my way, I feel I am not out of line with what I asked.

------------------
'04 Mazda RX8 Build Thread
GM Tuners

JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:
That was at a time between Ausfiero not making them and JimmyS not producing his.

Ever since the inception of Fiero Fiberglass, there has never been a time that I have not been producing mine. I had ran out at one time but I have always been making them.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Had a set of Jimmy's on my last car and was very happy with them and will most likely get a set for the car I have now in the spring. Dan

------------------

http://www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Hopefully they will be sold sooner than later.

Then accept the highest offer you received
AkursedX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Then accept the highest offer you received

Actually they are sold as of yesterday, and I got my full asking price. They are boxed up and I'm shipping them out this afternoon.

------------------
'04 Mazda RX8 Build Thread
GM Tuners

PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Actually they are sold as of yesterday, and I got my full asking price. They are boxed up and I'm shipping them out this afternoon.

Nice!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock