Started on: 11-29-2011 10:31 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Donster on 11-30-2011 10:12 PM
L67

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 219
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2011 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Fat and happy.

• I need one wingstand. It's for a coupe, so any year stand will work.

• I need the door trim from a grooved molding car. -- I'd like it to be in good shape, no chunks or deep stratches that won't sand out. I'd also prefer if it were unfinished, I'd rather not have to sand clear coat out of the grooves, it's not fun. So yeah, a stockish looking door trim piece.

I'm only looking for the one piece, but if any of you are looking for rounded molding to swap for the grooved molding, I have a complete set. I'd be happy to trade a few pieces for what I need. I've also got a very clean pair of grey cloth map pockets that need a good home.

-Emc209i

[This message has been edited by L67 (edited 11-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post
Pics of the pockets and price including shipping to 30519 would be appreciated.

Thnx

\D
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Sure, I'll take some photographs when I get home tonight.
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
What side on the stand?
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2011 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Oh, of course. Passenger side.
Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L67:

Sure, I'll take some photographs when I get home tonight.

Get around to it yet?

\D
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2011 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
A day late, but as promised.

Both pockets were professionally shampooed a month before I took them off the doors. They still smell like scented detergent and are really soft. Does $35.00 shipped sound fair?

Here's the trim I have, I'd be happy to trade some of it for a ribbed door piece. Wouldn't you know I always have what I don't need.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Just an FYI if you don't know, but the grooved door trim is different per side, driver's side is different from passenger side. Found this out the hard way. So I have a passenger side grooved door trim piece if interested.
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2011 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the tip! But can you expound on how they're different? I know that the white plastic clips can only be used in one orientation. So if say one side of trim were unfastened and flipped over to be used on the other side, the clips would be upside down and the molding wouldn't fit correctly. That can be fixed by flipping the clips over inside the molding. This is the first time I've worked with the ribbed molding, so I'm a rookie at this. I looked at the piece before I posted, and it looks entirely symmetrical. What am I missing?
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

L67

1792 posts
Member since Jun 2010
Sniped Jimmy's wingstand, so just looking for the door trim now.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by L67:

Thanks for the tip! But can you expound on how they're different? I know that the white plastic clips can only be used in one orientation. So if say one side of trim were unfastened and flipped over to be used on the other side, the clips would be upside down and the molding wouldn't fit correctly. That can be fixed by flipping the clips over inside the molding. This is the first time I've worked with the ribbed molding, so I'm a rookie at this. I looked at the piece before I posted, and it looks entirely symmetrical. What am I missing?

Sorry for the delay. You are correct about the clips, they always break on me anyway. The difference is slight, but enough so it won't work. You know the "tab" on one end after the key hole that goes into the door handle channel? It's angled the opposite way.
Edit: If you don't care you can just cut that off and it'll work for either side.

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 11-30-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
I've got both sides door trim, factory condition. I'll trade you either one or both for the "tips" that go on the front bumper. If you'd like to throw in some marker lights too, that'd be alright!

L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2011 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:
It's angled the opposite way.

Oh, I see. Thank you.

Originally posted by Sage:
I've. I'll. If.

Finally someone who speaks my language! Done, I'll throw in one marker. Take your pick. Give me until daylight tomorrow so I can figure out which side I need. I installed one on the passenger side, but I suppose its possible I could have pressed the tab into the hole against its will. Might as well get it right. Tell you what, have you got any unbroken white tabs that hold the molding on? I'll give you another marker if you do and can throw some in.

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
I'll check tomorrow when at the shop for the fastners, but as I recall, about 99% of the ones I've run across are broken, but I'll look. We can go to PM for addy xchng.

I'll get back to you on the clips. Do you want both door strips or just the needed side? I'm good with either, just need to know what to package up!
L67

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-30-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L67Send a Private Message to L67Direct Link to This Post
Just one, I've already got one that's been painted and cleared. I'll know which tomorrow.
Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post
Payment & PM sent

Thnx

\D

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock