Stealth ram and other goodies by gusshotrod
Started on: 11-22-2011 09:44 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: gusshotrod on 03-02-2012 12:00 AM
gusshotrod

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodDirect Link to This Post
For sale: Holley stealth ram (new). Has been milled down to clear corvette hood, is less than nine inches tall from front/rear of chevy block to top of intake. Has special angle milled thottle body spacer with two NOS fogger nozzles. Has new fuel rails and new fuel regulator. Large thottle body (new) with switch mount for nitrous. Also included is new f-body small diameter distributor and new coil wtih custom billet mount. Also include are several jets for NOS nozzles and new chrome thermostat housing. This unit will directly replace TPI intake components. Uses TPI computor, injectors, etc. E-miail for pics. Makes much more power than TPI intake. $500. Might trade for V8/manual swap stuff.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Trinten

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
If someone were to get this from you and use it to convert their carb setup to EFI, what parts would be needed (like sensors and such) that aren't included in what you're selling?
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Trinten:

If someone were to get this from you and use it to convert their carb setup to EFI, what parts would be needed (like sensors and such) that aren't included in what you're selling?

When I saw this posted earlier, I thought you might be interested.
gusshotrod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodDirect Link to This Post
Best way to get this running is to go to a junkyard and strip a TPI equipped car. Will need computor, wiring, injectors, TPS, and all engine sensors. If the donor is a camaro/firebird, should all just plug together.
gusshotrod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodDirect Link to This Post

gusshotrod

729 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Just FYI: If you convert to crank trigger ignition, the top of the intake can be reversed such that the throttle body will be on the driver side
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info!

I'm kicking it around some. The TPI equipped cars (Camaro and Firebirds specifically) I've seen in the junyards around me were stripped pretty good. So I'll going to see how easy it'll be for me to find those parts, sans injectors.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any pics of how you shortened the setup/where it was milled down?

Heard back from a well trusted source, and he says it might be a good fit for me (and in the end, much cheaper than my planned EFI conversion), he was curious on your modification to help ballpark fitment.

Thanks!
TA6SPD

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TA6SPDSend a Private Message to TA6SPDDirect Link to This Post
Check out Afordable fuel injection. They can help with some of the things you need.
www.affordable-fuel-injection.com

Rich
gusshotrod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodDirect Link to This Post
I get an error when trying to post pics with PIP. Can somebody post these for me?
The intake is two piece, and the bottom section was milled down and ported to match the top section. In addition, the top of the top section was milled about 1/4 in.

[This message has been edited by gusshotrod (edited 11-24-2011).]

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
Dropped you a PM with my email address if you want to email me the pics and I can post them up, too.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
Here are the pics sent to me by gusshotrod - I didn't ask him what he took them with that made them small pics, but still viewable (and no, I did no editing. Just saved them, uploaded them to webshots and posted the links - weird with the white boxes, I know).

[This message has been edited by Trinten (edited 11-28-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
Definitely want it now. Working on coming up with the cash (or if you take paypal, shuflling things around to free up enough room on a credit card).

Do you still have this? Dropped you a PM as well.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post

Trinten

1352 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Thought of another question -

I've read in a few places of people having issues with injectors not fitting because they were too tall, and that only certain injectors would fit. With your modifications - which if I understand, lowered the bottom of the upper intake to the base of the intake - what injectors will fit? Have you tried putting injectors and the fuel rails on the setup?

Thanks!
gusshotrod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodDirect Link to This Post
All injectors for TPI will fit. The distance from the fuel rails to the lower injector mounts is unchanged.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gusshotrod:

For sale: Holley stealth ram (new). Has been milled down to clear corvette hood, is less than nine inches tall from front/rear of chevy block to top of intake. Has special angle milled thottle body spacer with two NOS fogger nozzles. Has new fuel rails and new fuel regulator. Large thottle body (new) with switch mount for nitrous. Also included is new f-body small diameter distributor and new coil wtih custom billet mount. Also include are several jets for NOS nozzles and new chrome thermostat housing. This unit will directly replace TPI intake components. Uses TPI computor, injectors, etc. E-miail for pics. Makes much more power than TPI intake. $500. Might trade for V8/manual swap stuff.

We're working out a deal! Wooo!
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenDirect Link to This Post
The box arrived today - it was packed extremely well. Everything inside was just as described, some parts partially attached/secured to the intake (likely to keep it from getting lost in the packing material). He was very straight-forward and clear in communications.

Thank you very much!
gusshotrod

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gusshotrodSend a Private Message to gusshotrodDirect Link to This Post
Good guy to deal with. Did exactly what he said he would do. Thanks.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock