WTB - Complete 84 Headlight Harness with or w/o relays by Donster
Started on: 11-20-2011 02:56 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Donster on 11-25-2011 06:46 PM
Donster

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post
The PO of our daughters Fiero did a hack-job on the entire wiring in the front of the car, total chaos and fiasco. He used only red and black wires for everything! Pobably easier to just put in an entire harness.
If somebody has one for sale, please PM me the price including shipping to 30519

Thnx

\D
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Donster:

The PO of our daughters Fiero did a hack-job on the entire wiring in the front of the car, total chaos and fiasco. He used only red and black wires for everything! Pobably easier to just put in an entire harness.
If somebody has one for sale, please PM me the price including shipping to 30519

Thnx

\D

I have a good harness from an 86 that was upgraded. Unsure if the same but maybe someone can chime in...I do have an 84 I can pull the harness off of if needed. As it will het the upgrade when the time comes...PM if interested
partfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partfieroSend a Private Message to partfieroDirect Link to This Post
Think there were two different harnesses on the 84.
They had either a single or two speed fan, fan relays were different.

[This message has been edited by partfiero (edited 11-20-2011).]

Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by partfiero:

Think there were two different harnesses on the 84.
They had either a single or two speed fan, fan relays were different.

Partfiero: You are correct, the 84 with A/C had a two-speed radiator fan, wich also has a different (much larger) relay. This is also what is in our daughter's Fiero.

An easy way to tell is, the relay (usually mounted under the left headlight) is flat and wide. Also, the radiator fan will have a ceramic resistor mounted to the outside of it.
So no, an 86 harness will not work without serious modification. But thnx anyways.

\D

------------------
Life is good!

thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
hmmm when i swapped my 84se up gen 2 headlights all i changed was the rad fan...everything else was just plug and play but mine came with all the relays..same thing when i upgraded my 86se with gen 2 ...
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

hmmm when i swapped my 84se up gen 2 headlights all i changed was the rad fan...everything else was just plug and play but mine came with all the relays..same thing when i upgraded my 86se with gen 2 ...

X2, the harness plugs in to the 84 bulkhead connector, C100. Could use this as an opportunity to upgrade.
Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post
OK,
Please allow me a dumb question: Where is the C100 bulkhead connector located?

\D

[This message has been edited by Donster (edited 11-21-2011).]

Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post

Donster

437 posts
Member since Jan 2011
MstangsBware

PM sent.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Donster:

OK,
Please allow me a dumb question: Where is the C100 bulkhead connector located?

\D

In the front compartment, between the blower motor and the brake booster, the big connector with all the wires coming out of it. There's a bolt in the middle, unscrew that, and the connector comes off in two halves, the AC wiring, and the headlight wiring.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...060811-2-071514.html
Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2011 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post
Awesome - thnx!
Didn't know it was called C100

\D
Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post
MstangsBware

PM and email sent

Thnx

\D

PFF
System Bot
Donster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2011 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DonsterSend a Private Message to DonsterDirect Link to This Post

Donster

437 posts
Member since Jan 2011
MstangsBware

Payment and PM sent

Thnx

\D

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors