Started on: 10-19-2011 01:10 AM
Replies: 31
Last post by: Chandler5192 on 11-27-2011 08:27 AM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Well the time has come to sell my formula. To start this off the car does run but I do not suggest it be driven away as it smokes a lot. Its unclear what the smoke is but im 99% sure its because of a cracked fuel line. I'm having my mechanic look at it in a few days as this was a result of a clutch install that was done.

the car has about 102K miles on it and has tons of work done to it. to list

85 muncy 4 speed transmission
3400 turbochard/intercooled engine.
3500 upper intake
caddy N* TB
Haltech fully tuneable ECU
Custom exhaust
Koni shocks and struts
WCF lowering springs
Rodney Dickman ball joints
Enki staggered wheels
full polly

I just had a brand new stage 3 street clutch installed in the car as well not even 50 miles on it.
And theirs much much more to list

I'm only looking to get about $2500 for the car I'm negotiable on the price But if i get my asking price I'll be throwing in a bunch of extras with the car including the 84 MY8 transmission I have.

As I said this car is fast as hell. I've opened it up a few times and it sure as hell can out run just about anything you throw at it. It is not for inexperienced drivers and i dont recommend it as a daily driver.

I'll be adding more pics later but heres some to start with

\

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post
Holy wow what kind of rocker panels are those? Freakin' gorgeous car!
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

Holy wow what kind of rocker panels are those? Freakin' gorgeous car!

They look like 3rd gen camaro groundfx. I've been thinking about adding the early 90's ones with the air dams. Before I forget that seems like a great car n price to. Don't think it will last long.

[This message has been edited by Dementia (edited 10-19-2011).]

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Didn't you just buy this like 3-4 months ago? Why the quick sale?

My suggestion is maybe figure out what the smoking problem is. When you read add's that state "its an easy problem to fix" i always wonder why if its so easy, the owner doesnt fix it.

But that said, when this car was for sale a few months ago, i almost went for it. The fast turnaround may scare off others as well.

Toss in some engine pics, the pics of the engine were the thing that I really liked. I love the idea of cutting out the trunk wall.

Good luck

Rob

------------------

88 Coupe, CJB T-TOP, LS376 and a GT clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAH9yjw6XR0

akademikjeanius

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for akademikjeaniusSend a Private Message to akademikjeaniusDirect Link to This Post
I normally don't like the way the Formula looks but I've always liked this car. GLWS!!

If I was able, I'd have it.....
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
This is going to be gone quick, the owner before PK was asking about $4k, this is almost for half and I was tempted to buy this car the first time around. I wish I had the room for it!
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
PK changes Fieros more often than he changes his underwear (I know, that's not saying much ). Did you do anything with the interior? If I remember correctly, I didn't like the interior of this car much for some reason.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Nah I've had it close to a year and its done more sitting than running... cuz of the clutch problem i had. The new clutch works great it catches a lot better and i also have a new flywheel in it. I'm having the car towed to my mechanic's in a few days if its a simple fix I'm gona fix it and the price will be adjusted accordingly to how well it runs.

The main reason I'm selling it is that I want to sell it to fund a small temporary engine swap into my IMSA. I'm getting tired of seeing it sitting.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by mptighe:

PK changes Fieros more often than he changes his underwear (I know, that's not saying much ). Did you do anything with the interior? If I remember correctly, I didn't like the interior of this car much for some reason.

Yup took everything out and resprayed it all black
GeMs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeMsSend a Private Message to GeMsDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent!
War Hammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerDirect Link to This Post
Is this a dohc or single?
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Very good price for this, too bad I'm broke or else I would be highly considering it. Damnit. lol.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Rick, you could always trade it to me for labor to install a l67 into the IMSA! -Jason
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
*rubs chin* sending u PM
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Rick, you could always trade it to me for labor to install a l67 into the IMSA! -Jason

You gota deal if your serious

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
PK you need to post some pictures of the engine and interior.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Is this a dohc or single?

its a single
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Hey PK, off topic, what headlight kit is that? I really want to go that route, but lost track of all the differant kits.

Thanks

Rob
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Hey PK, off topic, what headlight kit is that? I really want to go that route, but lost track of all the differant kits.

Thanks

Rob

There munsons old school design there nice but his new design is far superior

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

There munsons old school design there nice but his new design is far superior

Also forgot to mention the passenger side ground effect it broken.. i still have the peice but it will have to be put back on.
GeMs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeMsSend a Private Message to GeMsDirect Link to This Post
Responded to your PM.
Can you post current shots of the car?
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GeMs:

Responded to your PM.
Can you post current shots of the car?

Sure thing i need to get a hold of a camera.. it looks pretty much the same as it does now just the back end of the passenger side ground effect needs to be fixed other than that nothing has changed on it.

GeMs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeMsSend a Private Message to GeMsDirect Link to This Post
Great! Consider it taken!
GeMs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GeMsSend a Private Message to GeMsDirect Link to This Post

GeMs

52 posts
Member since Jul 2009
Read through a couple old threads and I'm a little iffy.

Bump for PK

Car is still available!
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Got any more pics of the engine / interior / front compartment? That deck lid looks sooooo familiar. Do you now if it was purchased by someone in Pennsburg? BTW, drop me a PM with your addy (or cell #) in Downingtown, I get out that way quite often when my insulation crews (Premier) are doing work for PECO. Maybe I can sop by to see the IMSA. Was that stickman's old car?

[This message has been edited by rjblaze (edited 10-19-2011).]

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
You gota deal if your serious

Check your PM's. -Jason

EMX5636

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EMX5636Send a Private Message to EMX5636Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rjblaze:

Got any more pics of the engine / interior / front compartment? That deck lid looks sooooo familiar. Do you now if it was purchased by someone in Pennsburg? BTW, drop me a PM with your addy (or cell #) in Downingtown, I get out that way quite often when my insulation crews (Premier) are doing work for PECO. Maybe I can sop by to see the IMSA. Was that stickman's old car?

Yup, the decklid came from my buddy up there. It was my old car. Sideskirts are modded 3rd Gen Camaro. And PK, the wheels are MB Motorsports, not Enkei.

[This message has been edited by EMX5636 (edited 10-25-2011).]

rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Pretty sure I brought that decklid up from OC Md. a while back.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Part it and let me get that decklid.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Part it and let me get that decklid.

NO. That decklid should never be separated from this car, unless it is for my Formula which deserves it more than your Formula.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2011 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

NO. That decklid should never be separated from this car, unless it is for my Formula which deserves it more than your Formula.

I'll rochambo you for it! I get first kick.
PFF
System Bot
Chandler5192

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chandler5192Send a Private Message to Chandler5192Direct Link to This Post
If the car is still available, please post some interior and engine bay pictures. Thank you.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock