HiPo Duke for sale soon by The_Stickman2
Started on: 09-30-2011 10:41 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: The_Stickman2 on 11-23-2011 07:24 PM
The_Stickman2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
Well seems that a certain Fiero has come back to me. And I now have the engine I built long ago. Still way low miles somewhere around 5000. It has a ton of power. I am asking $750. Here is the initial write up I did. It does not have the Edelbrock intake.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...031110-2-037028.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
BTW this does include the SD-4 2 piece valve cover.
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
I can't believe no one has posted an interest in this engine. Here are some pics.

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
I would have thought Rick, would have been all over this for his IMSA.... free bump for a thought.. (or did I miss something??)-Jason

[This message has been edited by Fierofreak00 (edited 10-03-2011).]

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

I would have thought Rick, would have been all over this for his IMSA.... free bump for a thought.. (or did I miss something??)-Jason

Yea no one even wants to make me an offer on it. I'll give it maybe 2 more weeks and I will part it out. Sorry to have to do that as it is a great engine.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_Stickman2:

Yea no one even wants to make me an offer on it. I'll give it maybe 2 more weeks and I will part it out. Sorry to have to do that as it is a great engine.

That would be a huge shame, if I had a spare Fiero I wanted to zip around in and wasn't already building a high HP 4 banger swap- I'd already be swapping this in lol. Someone needs to pm pk, I think it would go well in the IMSA.. It would still look the part and have enough balls to be fun yet authentic depending on how much power its actually putting down.
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
Bumping for any offers.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I would love it for my Indy but the car is an auto plus it's far away. i'd be interested in the valve cover tho. (would love the whole engine but don't see how i could get it)

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2011 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
I hope to pull this engine tomorrow and the Isuzu trans. First $450 takes it. If no one wants it I take it apart and sell pieces.
AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Direct Link to This Post
I am worse than PK when it comes to hi-po dukes... I have one! I should know!
If I had the money I would so buy it! Drool, dribbling... all over!
cebix

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cebixSend a Private Message to cebixDirect Link to This Post
Just curious... what's the HP and gas mileage?
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I would love it for my Indy but the car is an auto plus..........

i have an Automatic (and want to keep it) is that a problem for me??
if not ......
$450 plus shipping?? what do you think that would run to 49024??

PA is far but i may be interested....TOTALLY!! oh and need a HP estimate, too. thanks.
thinking about more power in my Mera and it is in need of a swap anyway

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 11-19-2011).]

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cebix:

Just curious... what's the HP and gas mileage?

Not sure on HP. It was more than stock and felt as good as a v6. Very torquey. The kid that had it last said he could get 30mpg if he could keep his foot out of it which is about what I remember.

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post

The_Stickman2

1030 posts
Member since Sep 2007

Originally posted by batousai666:

i have an Automatic (and want to keep it) is that a problem for me??
if not ......
$450 plus shipping?? what do you think that would run to 49024??

PA is far but i may be interested....TOTALLY!! oh and need a HP estimate, too. thanks.
thinking about more power in my Mera and it is in need of a swap anyway

Daniel

I have no idea about shipping. Guessing it wouldn't be cheap. No idea on HP only to know it was a good bit more than stock. How much more I couldn't say. I woulkd bet the increase was more in torque.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

I have no idea about shipping. Guessing it wouldn't be cheap. No idea on HP only to know it was a good bit more than stock. How much more I couldn't say. I woulkd bet the increase was more in torque.

ok thanks. next how many Liters is this engine?

SD4While not a V8, the SD4 (Super Duty 4-cylinder) was the last in a line of high performance Pontiac engines. A 2.7L 232 hp (173 kW) SD4 engine powered the 1984 Indy Fiero Pace Car to over 138 mph (222 km/h) during the race. The SD4 was never available in a production vehicle, however Pontiac's Performance Parts counter had all the SD4 parts available and one could garner a 2.7L 272 hp (203 kW) version and a 3.2L 330 hp (250 kW) version. All 2000 Indy Fiero replicas came with the 2.5L 92 hp (69 kW) Iron Duke engine.

seems i want the 3.2L but even the 272 hp will fit the bill for me....

now, lets say i come get it.......is it ready to swap into a Fiero after you pull it. and how inportant is the lack of the Edlbrock??
.....and/or are you keeping the car its in now?? also does the Isuzu Trans come with it , maybe??

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 11-19-2011).]

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

seems i want the 3.2L but even the 272 hp will fit the bill for me....

now, lets say i come get it.......is it ready to swap into a Fiero after you pull it. and how inportant is the lack of the Edlbrock??
.....and/or are you keeping the car its in now?? also does the Isuzu Trans come with it , maybe??

This is not the Super Duty engine just a beef up Duke. It is a 2.5L punched .030 over. I would throw the trans in if picked up yea. An Edlebrock intake would help just becuase it would flow more and a carb could be tuned as right now i think the stock computer is the limiting factor.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

This is not the Super Duty engine just a beef up Duke. It is a 2.5L punched .030 over. I would throw the trans in if picked up yea. An Edlebrock intake would help just becuase it would flow more and a carb could be tuned as right now i think the stock computer is the limiting factor.

OHHHH....the part about the "SD4" valve cover threw me off me thinks.

BTW this does include the SD-4 2 piece valve cover.

in that case sorry i have to pass.
i was going by the pictures and fell in love... good luck with this sale, tho.

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 11-20-2011).]

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
THe valve cover is sold pending payment so the engine is reduced to $300
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
For others who want SD4 valve covers - new ones are still available.

Punch PN 10031327 in here: http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm
Part number also works at SummitRacing.com (more expensive though)

------------------
My World of Wheels Winners (Click on links below)

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT and Super Duty 4 Indy #163

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-20-2011).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Id be up for it i just dont have the money to spend right now..
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

PM sent

PM returned
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:

Mine needs the SD 4 but heck those are asking allot of money these days. I'm starting to think old school V-8 possibly. John Callies and Bob Birchmiere both think I'm crazy worrying about putting a later model engine or Supercharged in it. They said they would sign off on it as wanting it put in today to see how it handled. Rick B

The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2011 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Mine needs the SD 4 but heck those are asking allot of money these days. I'm starting to think old school V-8 possibly. John Callies and Bob Birchmiere both think I'm crazy worrying about putting a later model engine or Supercharged in it. They said they would sign off on it as wanting it put in today to see how it handled. Rick B

I have an SD4 block for $500 if you want it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock