Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  RCC rear lower control arms and RCC-style bump-steer kit (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
RCC rear lower control arms and RCC-style bump-steer kit by rjblaze
Started on: 09-17-2011 10:44 PM
Replies: 44
Last post by: rjblaze on 12-05-2011 05:08 PM
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
I have a brand new, never used set of RCC rear lower tubular control arms (black PC) with new ball joints. I paid $320.00 + shipping. Asking $300.00 shipped. These were purchased for my '86 SE, but I am switching to an '88 cradle and suspension. I accept paypal (please add 3% to price to cover paypal costs or send as gift). PM me if interested or (better yet because I am on the road alot) e-mail me @ rjblaze@verizon.net. I can e-mail pics.......can never get pics to post on here for some reason.

RCC-style bump steer kit - SOLD

RCC Rear Control arms are still available - SOLD

Bob

[This message has been edited by rjblaze (edited 12-05-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Here are pics of the parts:

As of now I'm trying to figure out if the bump steer kit can be used with an otherwise stock setup- if so its mine

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 09-18-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

nitroheadz28

4774 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Bump for pics
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
The bump-kit will work with the stock lower arms....it just replaced the original rear lateral toe-link.

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Bah I can't decide on if I should buy the control arms or not!

I have new Rodney ball joints and poly for my stock arms. I'd have to get rid of that, and the inner+ outer tie rod ends since the bump steer links will replace that.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

and the inner+ outer tie rod ends since the bump steer links will replace that.

Probably the last chance you will have to get that bumpsteer kit...RCC is no longer in business. Note that the price he said he paid for those was without the new outer tie rod ends....so that is a hell of a deal for someone.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Probably the last chance you will have to get that bumpsteer kit...RCC is no longer in business. Note that the price he said he paid for those was without the new outer tie rod ends....so that is a hell of a deal for someone.

The bumpsteer kit is spoken for , thats definitely getting installed on my Fiero- and he says its an RCC style kit, so I'm assuming someone else made it? Either way I'm taking it. I'm just going back and forth over getting the control arms too.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the bumpt-steer kit is spoken for. The kit was made by someone(?) on here....can't remember who......but I do believe they were built better than the RCC's with greasable spherical ends and a solid, gun-drilled steel extension block with a larger bolt.

BTW, it appears that the lower control arms are still available. However, if nitrohead changes his mind before they are sold to someone else, he has first shot.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Bumpsteer kit is SOLD .

Tubular arms are up for grabs, I'm going to stick with my stock arms. Thanks again Bob!
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
The bump-steer kit is packaged and should be shipped today. I will e-mail with the information later on.

It looks like the rear tubular lower control arms are still for sale.
outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
I wish I had the moola for the arms.

But on a side note someone should start to reproduce those bumpsteer kits. They look pretty simple to make. I mean they look like a rodney part to me.
PFF
System Bot
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
I do believe the hardest part would be the gun-drilling of the steel block for the thru-bolt and "making"/ getting the proper length steel rod to connect the heim-joint to the tie-rod end. I should have measured all of this stuff before I packaged them up.......got shipped out today.

Any "reasonable" offers for the control arms?

BTW, I will have more stuff related to an '84-87 rear suspension available....like poly cradle mounts, brand new GM parking brake cables, rear Lebaron brake-upgrade brackets, rear knuckles, rear calipers, etc.

[This message has been edited by rjblaze (edited 09-22-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rjblaze:

I do believe the hardest part would be the gun-drilling of the steel block for the thru-bolt and "making"/ getting the proper length steel rod to connect the heim-joint to the tie-rod end. I should have measured all of this stuff before I packaged them up.......got shipped out today.

BTW, I will have more stuff related to an '84-87 rear suspension available....like poly cradle mounts, brand new GM parking brake cables, rear Lebaron brake-upgrade brackets, rear knuckles, rear calipers, etc.

I wish I had known earlier

Can you email me with what you have? Interested in Lebaron conversion parts especially.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 09-22-2011).]

rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
bump
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Bump to sell the control arms
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Original add editted to show bumpt-steer kit sold.

Rear tubular arms still available.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2011 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
weekend bump
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2011 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
bump.............Any REASONABLE offers?
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2011 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
bump
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
bump
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2011 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Control arms still available......weekend bump
PFF
System Bot
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
TTT
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

I should have measured all of this stuff before I packaged them up

I have the measurements from an original RCC kit if you discover you need them.

I will offer the $40 in my paypal account and my first born child for the control arms (shipped, of course...if that is all I have to offer, I can't afford shipping on top of it).
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
If anyone is looking for specs on the bumpsteer kit, I ended up not installing it now- gonna wait till my engine swap. So I'll gladly take measurements.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2011 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
First born child eh? Naw.....dogs are easier!

Looks like the control arms are still available!

BTW I remember the gentleman from RCC stating that the kit I had was "similar" to his but sounded even a little bit better design.
Seanpaul

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanpaulSend a Private Message to SeanpaulDirect Link to This Post
Pm sent in regards to the control arms,
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2011 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
PM received and answered.

Control arms still available
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Weekend bump
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 05:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Let's try again.....bump
treborerellim

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for treborerellimSend a Private Message to treborerellimDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM and a free bump
PFF
System Bot
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
PM replied to......tx for the bump
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
p.m. received
John Miller

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for John MillerSend a Private Message to John MillerDirect Link to This Post
I see you mentioned brake cables, do you have the master from the handle? 84-87. Thanks, John
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Those are actually from my other thread, but I do believe I do. I have all three brake cables (a set). A very long one that I do believe goes from the handle to the equalizer and then the two short ones that go from the equalizer to the calipers. They are all brand new from GM.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Out of curiosity I wonder what bushings those arms use (if they ever needed to be replaced). They definitely aren't Fiero style replacements for the stock arms, I bent a rear control arm a little but during my poly install and straightened it- but its been bugging me and since these have been for sale for a while, one can only wonder
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Not really sure why they would ever need to be replaced, but they appear to be normal 3-piece poly bushings. I'm sure they could be matched via one of the poly manufacturers tech lines if ever necessary.. I do believe that these are still out here for sale is due to the price, but I will not give them away....I can't afford the loss as I am sure alot cannot afford the price due to the current economy and other more important expenditures. I'll just keep trying. I will consider selling them for $250.00, but then shipping will NOT be included.....maybe split the cost?
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

I can't afford the loss as I am sure alot cannot afford the price due to the current economy and other more important expenditures. I'll just keep trying. I will consider selling them for $250.00, but then shipping will NOT be included.....maybe split the cost?

You may want to edit your first post; iy says their SOLD. Some may see that and not continue reading...
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

You may want to edit your first post; iy says their SOLD. Some may see that and not continue reading...

No the bumpsteer kit is sold which is what I bought. Arms are still available.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2011 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the tip AL. I added a little "still available" just in case your right.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock