FS 88 Rear suspension & poly bushngs by ALJR
Started on: 09-11-2011 12:00 AM
Replies: 25
Last post by: rjblaze on 10-04-2011 08:32 AM
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
ALL PARTS HAVE BEEN SOLD

Throwing a feeler out there...

I aquired a set of 88 rear suspension links w/ like-new poly bushings. I received these parts as part of my 3800sc drop-out package that I purchased from a member of this forum. I do not have any need for these parts as I already have them...

Parts are in the process of being sand blasted and powder coated in black.
Have all six links
Full set of poly busings
L&R hubs w/ bearings (was told the bearings were good; but just assume there not) - SOLD

I noticed one of the long drag-links (the one that attaches up front of the cradle to the lower hub) has a slight bend to it. looks like the PO may have started to jack the car from this point, then stoped and repositioned the jack to a better location. I suppose one could install this link on the opposit side and jack it again to straighten it out, or use a press to get it straight. It bent slightly and could prolly be used as-is, but just ofering full disclosure...

The poly kit alone goes for around $70 new and I have seen the suspension arms sell for upwards of $180 un-coated & w/o hubs/bearings...

SOLD - poly busings
SOLD - for the 6 powder coated links (w/o bushings)
SOLD - powder coated hubs & bearings

Will post pics once the parts are back from powder coat...

No grease on bushing so there not fully installed; they will ship dry...

Rear bearings; was told they were good, but I think it would be a good idea to use new one...

Rear knuckles; powder coat came out better then I expected because of all the tight nooks & crevices and the fact there cast. I did not/will not remove the coating from the bearing surfaces to prevent them from rusting. Before installing the wheel bearing it would be a good idea to remove the PC for that area; to get a good, flat mating surface...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 09-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cam-a-lot

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
are the poly bushings just for the rear, or front suspension too?
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cam-a-lot:

are the poly bushings just for the rear, or front suspension too?

Poly for the rear only...
Bushings look new, don't think the car was driven with them, only installed...
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Should have pics up by Wednesday; took longer then expected to sandblast the knuckles...
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Pic posted...
Will post pic of the rear knuckles when there dun w/ powder; should be later today...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 09-14-2011).]

rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Is this great timing or what? I just happen to have an '88 cradle laying around that I was just thinking about putting in my '86 SE. Was hoping I'd be able to find all the appropriate pieces necessary. Let me check my funds, but I do believe you have a buyer! Can't wait to see the pics of the hubs. Looks like I can sell my RCC tubular lower controll arms and RCC-style bump-steer kit
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rjblaze:

WOW! Is this great timing or what? I just happen to have an '88 cradle laying around that I was just thinking about putting in my '86 SE. Was hoping I'd be able to find all the appropriate pieces necessary. Let me check my funds, but I do believe you have a buyer! Can't wait to see the pics of the hubs. Looks like I can sell my RCC tubular lower controll arms and RCC-style bump-steer kit

Hubs are finished but didn't have time to take pics while I was at work... Will get the pics posted in the AM... The only parts that do not look good are the wheel bearings; no way I am gonna put them in the sand-blast cabinet
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Great! What would be the shipping to 18015? That will help me figure the funds.

BTW, will you take paypal?

[This message has been edited by rjblaze (edited 09-14-2011).]

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Great! What would be the shipping to 18015? That will help me figure the funds.

BTW, will you take paypal?

PayPal is prefered... However, I lose 3% to fee's... If want to send the money as a gift, I would not get hit w/ fee's; or I would be willing to split the fee w/ you, so only 1.5% extra...

Shipping would $25.56 via UPS Ground or $21.37 via USPS Parcel Post (not recomended)... All the parts are heavy...

[This message has been edited by ALJR (edited 09-14-2011).]

rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
So it looks like $285.56 w/ UPS shipping sent as a gift.....don't you just hat the 3% fee! I'll get back to you shortly.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

So it looks like $285.56 w/ UPS shipping sent as a gift.....don't you just hat the 3% fee! I'll get back to you shortly.

Yes, thats correct... I have a person interested in the bushings, but would rather sell everything as a full set. So if your seriously interested, please let me know ASAP...

Pics added

PFF
System Bot
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
As luck would have it, the fuel pump just went today in my '05 Canyon so my funds just got pretty used up. It looks like I will only have enough left to by the hubs/bearings. I'm guessing that shipping would pretty much stay the same due to the size/weight (if it will be different, let me know). I can paypal right away....just need addy? Or did you post that already, hmmmmm...

So it would look like $100.56 as a gift.

[This message has been edited by rjblaze (edited 09-15-2011).]

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

As luck would have it, the fuel pump just went today in my '05 Canyon so my funds just got pretty used up. It looks like I will only have enough left to by the hubs/bearings. I'm guessing that shipping would pretty much stay the same due to the size/weight (if it will be different, let me know). I can paypal right away....just need addy? Or did you post that already, hmmmmm...

PM sent
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Have not heard back; please LMK if you would lkie them or if your gonna pass...

Thanks,
AL
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.....money on the way.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

PM sent.....money on the way.

Payment received, will ship them out Monday morning...

Thanks,
AL
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2011 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
2 PM's sent......thanks for the quick reply and great deal.........A+ for you as a seller
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
obo
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Got the knuckles yesterday.....they really do look great!
A+ anda bump for you
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2011 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Got the knuckles yesterday.....they really do look great!
A+ anda bump for you

Thanks!
Those suckers took me forever to sandblast and they weren't even that bad. Glad the extra effort payed off
PFF
System Bot
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Rear hubs sold
Suspension links sold
Only the bushings left...
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
I'll take the bushings if you still have them.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

I'll take the bushings if you still have them.

OK, there yours Do you need my PP info again?

AL

rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2011 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Got them yesterday......really fast......thanks for the great deals! A +++++ for you

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock