Upper End Swap for 3800SCII by MadMark
Started on: 09-10-2011 07:54 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: MadMark on 09-19-2011 11:45 PM
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
I have a 2005 3800SC-II that I originally installed in my Fiero, it had about 65K miles on it when installed. After about 300 miles it developed a rod knock and I decided to buy another engine to replace it. So I have had this engine sitting around at my installer's garage for about 2 years and I need to get rid of it. You can have the whole engine if you want it. It could either be rebuilt or you can take the heads, intake manifold, the super charger and the throttle body off of it to install it on your 3800 engine. I would like $400 for it the way it sits right now. You can email me at: markbannan1@gmail.com to talk about this if you would like. The engine is located in South Western Michigan in Homer.

Thanks
Mark

PS: This engine has no accesories on it like the alternator, air conditioning compressor or anything.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
I guess I am too high in price or no one wants this. So please make and offer, I need to get rid of this.
Greenmeansgo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GreenmeansgoSend a Private Message to GreenmeansgoDirect Link to This Post
Ill give $100 + shipping
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

I guess I am too high in price or no one wants this. So please make and offer, I need to get rid of this.

I was going to post the price was to high but did not...The complete motor as it sits is worth $200-$250 just cause of the parts on it......
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
I have a question, It may sound stupid but I thought the series II"s were only made up until 2004 and then series III's were made after that. If its a series III I would like the supercharger.
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post

fierogt27

836 posts
Member since Jan 2011
O wait never mind, it looks to be that the monte carlo and the impala series II were made until 2005, but it still looks like the it still has the series III fuelrail.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt27:

O wait never mind, it looks to be that the monte carlo and the impala series II were made until 2005, but it still looks like the it still has the series III fuelrail.

S3 fuel rails but S2 blower....
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it is a 2005 Monte Carlo which is truly a series II blower although some of the interior parts are the same as some of the series III parts. It is a series III fuel rail too since that is what I used to clean up the look on top of the engine. Since the engine I replaced it with is a series III also I didn't need to swap over the fuel rail. I would like to get to the $250 range, so I will leave this up for a while before I let it go for the $100 that was already offered. I will be out of town for most of the next two days so I probably won't have a chance to get back on Pennocks until then.
CarverToo

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarverTooSend a Private Message to CarverTooDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM.
kev86GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kev86GTSend a Private Message to kev86GTDirect Link to This Post
You have another PM.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Well, Kev86Gt sent me a PM with an acceptable to me price and I am selling it to him. Hopefully he will have fun with this engine. So I am just waiting for my money and for him to pick it up.
PFF
System Bot
CarverToo

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarverTooSend a Private Message to CarverTooDirect Link to This Post
Mark - Thanks for working with my son on this!
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Not a problem. He seems like a nice guy. Hope he has fun and it all works out for him. When he gets it up and running it will be fun in a Fiero time.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock