Started on: 08-20-2011 10:13 AM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Luke on 08-28-2011 10:44 AM
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
This is a relisting, since the other thread had gotten long and I have let it slide for a little while.

I am looking to sell my 88 Formula T-top.

Car is red exterior/beachwood interior. V6-5speed (Stock drivetrain). 90,800 miles.

The car was repainted about 5 years ago and has a very good finish on it, with a few blemishes. Car was properly taped for the most part, without bad overspray in doorjams, etc. It was also painted the original color, so there are no color mismatches in door jams.

Mechanically the car runs and drives fine. Clutch age or mileage is unknown but is not slipping and works well.

Car has had some suspension/brake work over the last couple years, all with very few miles on it: New front wheel bearing hubs, brake calipers, brake pads, rotors, brake hoses, shocks, end links. New rear brake pads, rotors, hoses, struts, end links.

Interior is in good shape. No tears in seat upholstery. Headliner was recovered within the last 5 years and has no sags or water stains. Some cracks in the t-top trim plates over the headliner, they are still in place. Dash corners are intact (there is a crack in one, but it isn't broken off. See pictures).

Chassis is one of the cleanest I have seen. No trunk corner rust. No upper rear frame rail rust. Floor pans fully intact. See pictures.

Wheels are NOS gold 88 GT rims, which I bought new in their original boxes and never having been used a few years ago. There is no curb rash on them, or pitting. They are mint!

Asking $3500/offer.

Thanks!

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TM_Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Someone is going to get a bargain. Makes me want to get a red one to match my black t-top Formula. Good luck with the sale.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Clean as a pin!

I only wish I had the room.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Bump
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Ohhh man, is this Formula tempting. If it had pw/pm and no T-tops (one less hassel to worry about) I think I would be heading to NY
balejumper

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for balejumperSend a Private Message to balejumperDirect Link to This Post
Too bad you are so far away, I have a 1991 convertible Camaro I would use as a partial trade and $1000 cash if you could deliver to WI. (just sayin')
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Can't beleive no one has jumped on this car just because it doesn't have PW. Looks like a great deal for an 88 T-top.
Twilight Fenrir

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Twilight FenrirSend a Private Message to Twilight FenrirDirect Link to This Post
If I didn't habe to spend $1000 to have it shipped to MN, it would already be sold :P

Don't know whats wrong with not having pw... I mean, it's nice because you get those sweet door pockets, but otherwise it's a massive pain.

If it were a duke and a 5 spd, i'd buy it despite the shipping :P
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Twilight Fenrir:

Don't know whats wrong with not having pw... I mean, it's nice because you get those sweet door pockets, but otherwise it's a massive pain.

Its a pain having to lean over to roll down the ps window; just sayin However, for the right price, I could deal with it. If this car were local to me, it would be prett close to the right price. But an 7-8 hr drive is kinda hard to swallow w/ the price of gas these days; not to mention the mileage I would get while towing a trailer
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes guys.

I certainly understand the challenges of getting a car at a distance, and needing to bring it back!

I am sure the right home is out there for it!
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
I wish I had the space/cash.
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
Another bump
old one

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for old oneSend a Private Message to old oneDirect Link to This Post
how much for the wheels?
steinke_andy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steinke_andySend a Private Message to steinke_andyDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
PM replies sent. Thanks!
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
If mine gets crushed by a tree, blown away or drowns this weekend by Irene I'll be right up to get it's replacement.
And i'm not afraid to add power doors to it!

Bump for a beautiful car that i can't believe hasn't sold.
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

If mine gets crushed by a tree, blown away or drowns this weekend by Irene I'll be right up to get it's replacement.
And i'm not afraid to add power doors to it!

I hope your car is not damaged by the storm!
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

I agree! Although not "my" ideal Formula; still a VERY clean one at a realistic price...
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeDirect Link to This Post
That`s a great price for what the car is, stick to your guns. Not many people with cash to spend on a two seater right now but you definitely have the right price, just be patient.

I am trying to sell an 88 GT right now (not on here) and no one has the money, its also the reason why I picked up an 3800SC 88GT for a steal of a deal from CT (three day road trip to pick it up)

BUMP

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock