'88 NOS caliper & low temp fan switch by Bengt Weil
Started on: 08-11-2011 08:08 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Bengt Weil on 09-03-2011 04:20 PM
Bengt Weil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bengt WeilSend a Private Message to Bengt WeilDirect Link to This Post
NOS '88 front left loaded caliper in original box dated 6/05 in very good, unused condition. Includes pins, clips and OEM brake pads. Great alternative to a rebuilt caliper or to use for spare parts to rebuild your own.
* The Fiero Store sells these for $120 EACH ($109 + $11 shipping).
* Calipers Online sells a pair for $141 ($125 +$16 shipping).
I purchased this caliper to get the bridge (in the OEM finish) for a restoration and replaced the bridge with one from a brand new remanufactured caliper that is ready for paint or powder coating.
The OEM pads and original hardware would probably cost $35-$45 to purchase alone. Complete with new brake line crush washer.
**SOLD ** $58 SHIPPED USPS **SOLD ** in the continental U.S. only. Insurance would be additional.

Rodney D low temp fan switch for V6 - on at 195 degrees, off at 185 degrees. Used for one day.
* Cost from Rodney was $23 ($19 + $4 shipping).
With my 180 degree thermostat in temperatures above 80-85 degrees, it didn't cycle enough for my taste - I would this switch for use with the 160 degree thermostat or in cooler climates. I ended up purchasing Rodney's on at 210, off at 200 switch.
**SOLD ** $17 SHIPPED USPS ** SOLD ** in the continental U.S. only. Insurance would be additional.

Will consider trade/partial trade for OEM performance sound sub woofer enclosure in good condition...

[This message has been edited by Bengt Weil (edited 08-19-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bengt Weil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bengt WeilSend a Private Message to Bengt WeilDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the weekend crowd - thanks!
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bengt Weil:

NOS '88 front left loaded caliper in original box dated 6/05 in very good, unused condition. Includes pins, clips and OEM brake pads. Great alternative to a rebuilt caliper or to use for spare parts to rebuild your own.
* The Fiero Store sells these for $120 EACH ($109 + $11 shipping).
* Calipers Online sells a pair for $141 ($125 +$16 shipping).
I purchased this caliper to get the bridge (in the OEM finish) for a restoration and replaced the bridge with one from a brand new remanufactured caliper that is ready for paint or powder coating.
The OEM pads and original hardware would probably cost $35-$45 to purchase alone. Complete with new brake line crush washer.
$58 SHIPPED USPS in the continental U.S. only. Insurance would be additional.

Rodney D low temp fan switch for V6 - on at 195 degrees, off at 185 degrees. Used for one day.
* Cost from Rodney was $23 ($19 + $4 shipping).
With my 180 degree thermostat in temperatures above 80-85 degrees, it didn't cycle enough for my taste - I would this switch for use with the 160 degree thermostat or in cooler climates. I ended up purchasing Rodney's on at 210, off at 200 switch.
$17 SHIPPED USPS in the continental U.S. only. Insurance would be additional.

Will consider trade/partial trade for OEM performance sound sub woofer enclosure in good condition...

WOOOOW!!!!
Great Price on the BRAND NEW NOS Caliper, if no one else wants it I'll buy it for sure. I'm short on money but will still buy it for my 88 incase it ever needs it.
just want someone else to have a chance to buy a NEW one over a rebuild if they currently "NEED" one because their's is shot.

So I'm calling first dibs, if no one actually "NEEDS" this caliper in the next 3 days because their's is in need of replacing I will buy it.

remind me in a couple days, if you still have it I'll paypal you the money asap.
Thanks!
Bengt Weil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bengt WeilSend a Private Message to Bengt WeilDirect Link to This Post
gtxbullet - You're on top of the list unless someone "really needs" it - will ping you in a few days. If you have any interest in the low temp fan switch, I'll throw it in for another $12, since no additional shipping would apply... Thanks for the response.
Sharkbyte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkbyteSend a Private Message to SharkbyteDirect Link to This Post
you have a PM
Bengt Weil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bengt WeilSend a Private Message to Bengt WeilDirect Link to This Post
Response to PM sent...
Bengt Weil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bengt WeilSend a Private Message to Bengt WeilDirect Link to This Post
Low temp fan switch is SOLD!
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2011 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Dang, if that was a passenger side caliiper, you'd have already been paid. I'm needing one of those.

Bump for a good deal.

------------------
Ron

Bengt Weil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bengt WeilSend a Private Message to Bengt WeilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtxbullet:

WOOOOW!!!!
Great Price on the BRAND NEW NOS Caliper, if no one else wants it I'll buy it for sure. I'm short on money but will still buy it for my 88 incase it ever needs it.
just want someone else to have a chance to buy a NEW one over a rebuild if they currently "NEED" one because their's is shot.

So I'm calling first dibs, if no one actually "NEEDS" this caliper in the next 3 days because their's is in need of replacing I will buy it.

remind me in a couple days, if you still have it I'll paypal you the money asap.
Thanks!

gtxbullet - PM sent - Holding it for you pending your paypal payment. Please respond before Friday (8/19) noon... Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Bengt Weil (edited 08-17-2011).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Caliper received. Just as advertised, would happily endorse this seller. Everything was as he said it was, good communication and quick delivery upon payment.

------------------
Ron

Bengt Weil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bengt WeilSend a Private Message to Bengt WeilDirect Link to This Post
Thank you Ron - I'm glad it was everything that you expected! Have a great weekend.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock