Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  The Rats for sale - 86 ChopTop Targa - No drive train - $6500 (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
The Rats for sale - 86 ChopTop Targa - No drive train - $6500 by chester
Started on: 08-08-2011 04:55 PM
Replies: 53
Last post by: fiero49 on 08-25-2011 11:10 PM
chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
All,

Its time to cut my losses and get out of the Fiero hobby. I'm putting The Rat up for sale. I know I will never recover what I have in it but if it don't sell for what I'm asking I'm going to part it out. I will leave it here for sale whole for a period of two weeks.

Oh yeah - I'm in Frankfort KY - 40601

A variety of things have happened over the years that have made me come to this decision.

I'm also selling all my Fiero toys and will finish parting out Renee's 87 Blue GT.

Anyway a brief list of mods. I'm sure I'll forget something: (alot) lol

It is chopped by Archie and the targa can either be finished, or the roof welded back and you have an Archie chop top Fiero. You can look up and see what Archie charges for the chop. It has a complete RCC coil over suspension with tube control arms, anti bump steer kit, big brakes (11.25"), 19” Motgie Rosia rims with new BFGoodrich KDW-2 tires. Rims and tires were over $2200, Complete Mr Mikes leather interior including Red/grey seats, red leather visors, red leather arm rests, grey marble dash kit with glove box, digital gauges, 3 guage pod new black carpet, 4 core radiator with electric fan, solid cradle mounts, blah blah blah. Archie rockers and F-355 nose with turn signal lenses. Headlights have been converted to 88 style. Mirrors in the decklid and SS door sill plates that are brand new. Aus fiero sub box that matches the rest of the interior in red and grey, short shifter with red leather boots and red momo shift knob, red and black Grant signature series leather steering wheel, remote entry etc...

THE HOOD VENT AND THE NOS KIT IS NOT BEING SOLD. That will go to my next project car. :-)

The car currently has 4" X 4" steel tubing that is welded under the car along with a removable cross brace. The tubing took place of the cooling tubes and will allow you to jack the car up without ever worring about them getting crushed.

I'm asking $6500.

Those that know the car know that there is a lot more invested in this vehicle - A LOT MORE.

So there it is. If it does not sell whole I will be parting it out. I will sell the chassis seperate for anyone wanting a choptop on a budget of $1500 but it will be a stripped chassis with NOTHING on it.

So here are a few current pics...

Any interest PM me and I'll take pics of all the peices that go along with it...to serious buyers.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
Looking for a new home...
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 08-08-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ohiofierokid86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-08-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Direct Link to This Post
maybe some better pics of the chop top??
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Cars been on the forum for some time - here is an archived post that will show everyone what they need. If not hit me up for specifics...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-1-040339.html

Rob D.

Originally posted by Ohiofierokid86:

maybe some better pics of the chop top??

fiero49

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero49Send a Private Message to fiero49Direct Link to This Post
Chester you have a pm
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
PM on its way
im sad to see this one leave i liked this car
Josh

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats
Newly acquired 1985 coupe with series one 3800SC 5speed Getrag as a donor to the Fri Fri (87GT)

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Sad day

What a "talked about" Fiero! This is one of the top 20 cars on this forum. Ranked right up there with other great PFF Fieros like, Skitime, revin, kameo kid, etc.
The only one to have a targa top, and the most talked about targa and the crap that went down with it. I guess that was the fall of this wonderful car,(even with the V8 )

Sorry Chester that some on here are no longer here to give it it's fair well dues. I guess we all have to move on with our "other" lifes.

Best of luck with all you do. Be sure to put a finishing end in your old post about her...
Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-09-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Direct Link to This Post
Price bump wayyyy to high!!!!
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Well its not a kids toy...

but thanks for the bump anyway.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 08-10-2011).]

iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post

I'm sure if you were to price out what he has listed on the car you would find it's very expensive to modify a car.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by iced_theater:

I'm sure if you were to price out what he has listed on the car you would find it's very expensive to modify a car.

True, but it's listed at $6500, which will buy you a good-running C4 Corvette WITH engine and a functioning targa top.
PFF
System Bot
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2011 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
You can buy a lot of cars for $6500 this is true. I just posted it to see if anyone wanted to save it. I have a lot more invested in it as it sits - believe it or not..

And for that money you would have a C4 vette - like 1000's of others. This is a one of a kind...

I figured I'd end up parting it but wanted to give it a chance...

Thanks...

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

True, but it's listed at $6500, which will buy you a good-running C4 Corvette WITH engine and a functioning targa top.

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 08-10-2011).]

Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Direct Link to This Post
hahaha ITS NOT A KIDS TOY!!! ITS NOT ANYONES TOY SETTING THERE WITH NO MOTOR!!!! ALL THAT ADDED NO SH** AND NO MOTOR GOOD JOB. PRICE BUMP TO ABOUT 4500$
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3800 SUPER CHARGED LOW RIDER

[This message has been edited by Ohiofierokid86 (edited 08-11-2011).]

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
No comment. LOL

Your handle says it all to me...

Thanks for the bump!

hahaha ITS NOT A KIDS TOY!!! ITS NOT ANYONES TOY SETTING THERE WITH NO MOTOR!!!! ALL THAT ADDED NO SH** AND NO MOTOR GOOD JOB. PRICE BUMP TO ABOUT 4500$
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
Chester, if you do part it out, I may be interested in the steering wheel and possibly the gauges if the price is right. Thanks. - Jason

Oh, and a free bump...
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post

Listen here son, you may not like the car or the price, but shut your mouth. First, it used to have a 383 with nitrous, so yes it did have a ton of power to back up the mods back in the day. Second, I know you've been here an entire 4 months, so you obviously know everything about this forum, like the fact that chester used to be a big name around here, and quite a nice guy. Third, if you didn't know (which you probably don't since it looks like you just like to run your mouth) JUST the chop top would set you back $3500+, that's no fiero, no targa top, no wheels/tires, no big brakes. Dude there's probably $12,000-$15,000 in parts/labor for just what you see.

Do everyone else a favor, don't post in this thread again. (Or any of chesters other threads for that matter.) The guy is in a tight spot and doesn't need your lip.

-Brandon
Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2011 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cooguyfish:

Listen here son, you may not like the car or the price, but shut your mouth. First, it used to have a 383 with nitrous, so yes it did have a ton of power to back up the mods back in the day. Second, I know you've been here an entire 4 months, so you obviously know everything about this forum, like the fact that chester used to be a big name around here, and quite a nice guy. Third, if you didn't know (which you probably don't since it looks like you just like to run your mouth) JUST the chop top would set you back $3500+, that's no fiero, no targa top, no wheels/tires, no big brakes. Dude there's probably $12,000-$15,000 in parts/labor for just what you see.

Do everyone else a favor, don't post in this thread again. (Or any of chesters other threads for that matter.) The guy is in a tight spot and doesn't need your lip.

-Brandon

Theres was a fully done up chop top that just sold for what 8000$. Part it out so i can come get it.. Pay 6500$ for something you need a flat bed to take home lMAO ..Your in ohio Brandon come down and see what i got.. And ill post when ever and where ever!! I like the car and i like all you guys on here some of the guys on the forum are like brothers to me will help me out and ill help them out. just sayin thats alottt for a project!

[This message has been edited by Ohiofierokid86 (edited 08-12-2011).]

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post

Did you ever post pictures of the 3800 swap in it?
Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2011 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Did you ever post pictures of the 3800 swap in it?

No mine was done already before i got on the forum.. ill post pics but not here.. May post car in the mall soon lookin for some thing new.. Thats why im even posting here lookin for something like this..
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

I think this looks like crap!

topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Good luck with the sale - and for those that are mudding up the thread complaing about the price - just move on. But bear in mind - as others already stated - that if you wanted to do a chop top, then a targa, rebuild the suspension, and brakes. Add the digital dash, custom dash surrounds, steering wheel, shifter, and all the other mods, you WILL spend more than what he is asking.

If I were in the market for a chop top, I'd buy this car, swap my drive train into this body, then find a four banger to put in mine and sell it on eBay. That would make this a very reasonably priced choptop.
PFF
System Bot
Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroparts.com:

I think this looks like crap!

LOOK AT THIS!! ASS HOLE!! YOU DONT WANT TO BUY GET OUT OF HERE... AND IM GOING FOR THE PIECE CRAP LOOK SO THE GUY NEXT TO ME DONT SEE IT COMING...

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted byOhiofierokid86 the two year old :

LOOK AT THIS!! ASS HOLE!! YOU DONT WANT TO BUY GET OUT OF HERE... AND IM GOING FOR THE PIECE CRAP LOOK SO THE GUY NEXT TO ME DONT SEE IT COMING...

Wow!! I'm an ass hole! Takes one to know one you pimple popping prick! By your own account you admit it looks like CRAP! Keep this up and you will not be here long, this is the second time you rub PFF members the wrong way. Thanks for the negative, I gave you one the last time you acted like a 2 year old, you are a first class douche!

Sorry Chester for messing with your thread!

[This message has been edited by fieroparts.com (edited 08-12-2011).]

fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post

fieroparts.com

4831 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Bump
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
I think this is kinda funny - no really I do...

You're one to talk If your not here to buy then move along.. OhiofieroKID86...And the emphasis is on KID.. as in child..LMAO...

I though the same thing Tim, but hey - didn't want to insult the little guy. He claims he has a 3800 SC in that thing that no ones seen yet either - probably got an overheating duke in there and had to put that gaudy hood scoop on it to get enough air through the radiator to drive it to grandmas house...now that's some funny $hit...

Yeah I know- Blah blah your great I suck whatever...

Don't go away mad - just go away...

I think I have been patient enough.

If your looking to sell yout turd please make your own post and get out of mine...If you need directions on how to create a post please let me know and I will be happy to help you..honest I will.

BTW the car will get parted at this point. The rims and tires have already been recycled to my new toy..a little summer fun that gets better mileage then my 1999 Caddy Eldo...

I feel like I'm stuck in the 80's LMAO...

1989 with 90,327 miles...

Thanks to all that have had kind words to say. I just wanted to give the car a chance to be finished but it does't look like thats going to happen...and life goes on...

BTW I'm not selling cause I need the money..LOL just tired of this kind of crap....

Newbees always crack me up...

Thanks all..

And hey now that the rims and tires are gone shoot me an offer in PM...Ya never know till ya try...

Chester...

Wow!! I'm an ass hole! Takes one to know one you pimple popping prick! By your own account you admit it looks like CRAP! Keep this up and you will not be here long, this is the second time you rub PFF members the wrong way. Thanks for the negative, I gave you one the last time you acted like a 2 year old, you are a first class douche!

Sorry Chester for messing with your thread!

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 08-12-2011).]

Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-12-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Direct Link to This Post
.... You want motor pics you will get motor pics when the sun comes up!!! ill be in KY all this week.. please just pm me... and good job nice daily driver heres mine!!!

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Yikes.. I'd take the convertible Cavi over that minivan any day! Nice choice Chester!

Good luck with the sale!
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
ive been here a few years myself..seen whats been done and how things have gone down..put up or shut up ohiokid..its that simple..chester i may be interested in the 11.25 brakes please pm me a price..hate to see it parted but i hate to see it go to waste too...thanks tim
Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2011 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Riceburner98:

Yikes.. I'd take the convertible Cavi over that minivan any day! Nice choice Chester!

Good luck with the sale!

haha that minivan ran 10.98 sec last weekend at the strip!!!
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
Pathological..
Ohiofierokid86

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-13-2011 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ohiofierokid86Send a Private Message to Ohiofierokid86Direct Link to This Post
Me and the clubs videos tribute... My dude mike let me make it on this name, not good in the snow... i hate it in the winter.. my friend matt crashed that white one last winter...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvMTdCSmC0U
http://www.youtube.com/user...#p/a/u/0/GkPg3bDbrJw

[This message has been edited by Ohiofierokid86 (edited 08-13-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
You know, this is really pathetic.. I posted interest in buying parts if the car was parted out. And my post got lost because of some childish comments about what this car is worth. Look, it's Chester's car, he can ask what ever he wants for it. End of story, and if you don't like it too bad. Just shut up and move on.

Chester, I'm still interest in the steering wheel and gauges. Please shoot me a pm with how much you like to get for them and let's work out a deal. Thanks, -Jason
fieroparts.com

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
the looser sent me this nice email this morning
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: ****kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2011 08:52:03 -0400
To: info@fieroparts.com

get me banned bitchhhhhhhhhhh im makin a new name right nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww hahahahaha just wat illll be back mother fuker
chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I got one too...Cracked me up cause I didnt know he got banned till after the fact...

get me banned bitchhhhhhhhhhh im makin a new name right nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww hahahahaha just wat illll be back mother fuker

Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this was awesome to watch... Chester im sorry i didnt get back to your PM but that was a bit more than what i wanted to spend and when an ACC. gets banned dosent the IP get banned too?

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats
Newly acquired 1985 coupe with series one 3800SC 5speed Getrag as a donor to the Fri Fri (87GT)

SlowGuitarMan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowGuitarManSend a Private Message to SlowGuitarManDirect Link to This Post
In his profile he listed his occupation as " high school,home,fiero,xbox" lol. Doubtful that he owns that 10 sec min an and a 3800sc fiero.

I like the dirty rat, by the way. Sad to see it parted out.
maddog1952

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maddog1952Send a Private Message to maddog1952Direct Link to This Post
nice ride chester. hate to see it parted but we all have to do different things in life. and you all are right. i now nick ohio kid and that is all he is. a spooled punk kid with a bunch of junk cars. his black car is 3800sc but not a tasteful job. roof scoops fastened with sheet metal screws. likes gto buy you'r stuff for nothing and get rich from it. real work of art.

------------------
you can always lift but when you'r on the floor you have no more

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Chester you have a pm !
17Car

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 17CarSend a Private Message to 17CarDirect Link to This Post
Chester, didn't know you had an Eldo as well, very nice cars.
Free bump for an awesome Fiero
BTW, what kind of mileage are you getting with the Caddy?

------------------
* 96 Cadillac Eldorado
* 86 Mustang SVO Rear Ended, R.I.P (Sold)
* 86 Fiero GT, Soon to be Northstar

chester

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
I get around 21-25 Highway if I baby it but more like 19 for the most part LOL- but it has a bad valve tick so I got another northstar to put in it one day.....LOL

For those of you who have PM'd me please be patient. I got called into work over this weekend so can't get much done. I'll reply as soon as I can...

Originally posted by 17Car:

Chester, didn't know you had an Eldo as well, very nice cars.
Free bump for an awesome Fiero
BTW, what kind of mileage are you getting with the Caddy?

[This message has been edited by chester (edited 08-14-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock