'88 Fiero, 3.8L supercharged, 5-speed by sportcoupe
Started on: 08-03-2011 06:52 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: sportcoupe on 08-08-2011 11:45 AM
sportcoupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Selling my 1988 Pontiac Fiero with 3.8L supercharged engine swap.

Engine is a 3.8L supercharged V6 (all stock) from a wreaked 2004 Impala SS. It makes 240hp and 280tq. Heads had burned valves and were both cracked so rebuilt heads were installed and all new gaskets of course.

Exhaust is factory manifolds, a custom 3" downpipe to a flowmaster muffler and dual 2.5" tailpipes ending with dual square tips. Sounds great, just slightly loud at idle.

The Fiero originally came with a 2.5L 4 cylinder and the weaker isuzu 5-speed transmission. I replaced it with the much stronger getrag 5-speed that was in the V6 Fieros.

The Fiero was parked for years so many parts had to be replaced to make it road worthy. I have scanned all my receipts I could find. The receipts alone add up to $2500 but there are expenses paid that I have no receipts for (welding exhaust, PCM re-programming, craigslist wheels, etc...). Here's a link to the 24 pages of receipts I do have.

www.blackgto.com/sale/fiero-receipts.pdf

I'm asking $3500 for the Fiero. This is a rust free Georgia car. Even the battery tray is 100% original with no rust. I also have the title, it is clean. Pictures below:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jwrape

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Very nice Notch. If I was in the market for a thrid, I would be all over this. Very worth the price. Good luck

------------------
86 Fiero 2M4 Silver, and 86 GT

jackcastro

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jackcastroSend a Private Message to jackcastroDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Very nice! This one won't last long...
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

Very nice Notch. If I was in the market for a thrid, I would be all over this. Very worth the price. Good luck

Ditto! Someones going to get a great deal!
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Checking with the boss! I really want this car!

[This message has been edited by GADJet (edited 08-03-2011).]

ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Checking with the boss!

She's right here, let me ask her for you.... Yup, she said "whatever you want dear"...
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

She's right here, let me ask her for you.... Yup, she said "whatever you want dear"...

Wow guess since yall are that tight, you make me the loan and ill pay it in full on the 33rd of this month.
ALJR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Wow guess since yall are that tight, you make me the loan and ill pay it in full on the 33rd of this month.

lol

Was hoping you would have a sense of humor. I should have know you would; after all, your a Fiero owner
Jake_2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_2m4Send a Private Message to Jake_2m4Direct Link to This Post
I'm interested, sending PM

[This message has been edited by Jake_2m4 (edited 08-03-2011).]

oldsrocket88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oldsrocket88Send a Private Message to oldsrocket88Direct Link to This Post
Why cant you be close to Chicago

Nice ride, I'd snag it in a sec, even though I want a GT
PFF
System Bot
sportcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALJR:

Very nice! This one won't last long...

I hope you're right.
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
I may be interested. You've got mail.
WillR2KS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillR2KSSend a Private Message to WillR2KSDirect Link to This Post
Does this car still have the trunk?
sportcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WillR2KS:

Does this car still have the trunk?

Yes it does. I did NOT cut the trunk to do the exhaust.
sportcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post
TTT
sportcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post

sportcoupe

329 posts
Member since Oct 2010
Sold!

Thanks Jacob.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Congrats on the sale and to the new owner! Heck of a deal
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Congrats on the sale and to the new owner! Heck of a deal

NO doubt! Hate I missed it. Someone got a steal! Call them and tell them they have to become a forum member if they aren't already.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

NO doubt! Hate I missed it. Someone got a steal! Call them and tell them they have to become a forum member if they aren't already.

They got a pretty decent deal but there is alot improvements that can be made on that swap.......First one would be to straighten out the engine/trans and then start a clean up process....But still not a bad deal and a good looking car.....

Jake_2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_2m4Send a Private Message to Jake_2m4Direct Link to This Post
Thanks John it was nice doing business with you. The tow home was long but uneventful.

GADJet - I'm the new owner! I've been here on the forum for a long time, I just don't post much.

MstangsBware - What would you suggest for straightening the engine? Different mounts? This is a new engine for me and I haven't dug into it yet.
PFF
System Bot
sportcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Jake,

I did the engine and mounts on cradle only. Once installed noticed it was "slightly" off with passenger side of engine a little more "forward" then drivers side. The little bit of off center doesn't seem to effect anything.

To correct it you would have to modify the passenger side engine lower mount by slotting the holes or drilling new holes. You would also have to shorten the upper dogbone.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock