Started on: 07-31-2011 09:53 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: 86fierofun on 08-01-2011 10:46 PM
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
It was going to be my project to restore my baby. My second car, first one that I had for any length of time (at least 8 years). I lost my storage last week, and put in a good effort to fix it (throw out bearing trashed) but ended up cracking the transmission housing and essentially trashing the trans (it wasn't in great shape to begin with). Irregardless, I'm now out of money, and out of time. So, the car must go. I am trying to sell the car whole. Repeat, I want to sell the car whole. If it's not gone by next weekend, I will strip it and send it to the scrapper, and then I will return on here with what parts I saved. Here is the car:

86 2m4 5 speed with 211k miles.
Paint is crap. Only panel worth a darn is the passenger side door panel
Trans is toast
The duke was in surprisingly good condition. I took the head off Cleaned it up and cleaned up half the valves before I messed up the trans and stopped. The cylinder walls look amazing for the miles. Makes sense I suppose as the engine ran like a top. about 3k miles or so before the bearing went I spent the time to change the timing gear, so that's steel now, not fiber. It has a brand new distributor. I bought new rod bearings, new piston rings, and a complete gasket set (since I had the engine out of the car I figured I would refresh it a bit). Engine ran on synthetic or synthetic blend all its life in my possession (about 80K miles)
I have a new clutch kit.
Just before the throw out bearing went I put in Rodney's slave cylinder, his adjustable banjo, and refreshed the clutch arm bushings and banjo pivot pin (thinking I was fighting a hydraulic issue, which was only partially true).
The car is sporting SS brake lines, and brake hoses.
All four calipers have been changed at some point or another. The passenger rear was re-manufactured wrong, and the e-brake doesn't function properly. (when the cable is pulled it releases the brake, instead of applying it). The e-brake cables were working. It's been sitting a little while though, so I'm not sure if they are still loose or not.
The steering rack was changes a couple of years ago with a reman.
The front ball joints are quite new, again Rodney Dickman joints.
The front bushings upper and lower control arm are all quite new, moog.
The headliner and map visors were recovered (tan interior BTW)
It has a CD player and a CB radio nicely installed in the dash.
Door hinges have been refreshed.
Rodney strut kit on decklid.
Brand new, and I mean brand new struts installed. Shocks have maybe 3K miles on them.

I'm asking 500 for the car and parts, since that is about what I've put into parts in the last 3k miles or so. Not to mention all the rest of the good parts it has on. The car is very much fixable, but I have run out of money, and have no place to store it. I will sell it for less ($300) if I keep some of the components (the gasket sets, clutch set, distributor, CD and CB). If you buy the car for 500, I'll toss in a brand new catalytic from Rodney as well for $50.

I suppose I should mention the frame too. The rust has eaten away at the cradle and the upper rear frame rails. The rest is in decent shape. The trunk corners are missing. When I first bought the car, the previous owner had gotten in a front end collision with it. I straitened the metal and reassembled the car. So, the front of the car is a bit crinkly, but it is not rusty. I cleaned that up and painted it, so it is in decent shape there.

I would rather not scrap the car, but they are paying well for steel around me. If you give me scrap value, you can get a good amount of parts. Or give me a little more and get a lot of new parts too.

Thanks for looking.

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 08-01-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post
the car is currently at my house, I've looked through it and over every part on the car both new, and used.
it's worth more than what my friend is asking in just parts.

he needs the money, and I need him to have less stress.

so BUY BUY BUY!!!!!
FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JDirect Link to This Post
He says it's a 2M4 but that he also took the "heads" off. So how many heads does it have as a 2M4?
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Head. Sorry.

One more thing to mention, for 500 it comes with an essentially brand new battery.
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Direct Link to This Post
would you part any parts off of it? i need the shifter/ cables.
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

car is being sold as a whole. if it doesn't sell. it may be parted out.
but it would be easier to sell as a whole just to keep things simple.

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ericjon262:

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

I am trying to sell the car whole. Repeat, I want to sell the car whole. If it's not gone by next weekend, I will strip it and send it to the scrapper, and then I will return on here with what parts I saved.

[This message has been edited by 86fierofun (edited 08-01-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock