Started on: 07-24-2011 08:40 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: Dementia on 07-25-2011 08:19 AM
Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
I will be starting a 3800SC swap on an 86 as soon as we find an engine. We will be getting rid of the Getrag and using a 4T65E. I will be able to sell this with the shifter, cables, slave and master if anyone is interested make me an offer. I have no idea how to ship it or what it would cost.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

I will be starting a 3800SC swap on an 86 as soon as we find an engine. We will be getting rid of the Getrag and using a 4T65E. I will be able to sell this with the shifter, cables, slave and master if anyone is interested make me an offer. I have no idea how to ship it or what it would cost.

you have PM
jasonfox

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-24-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jasonfoxSend a Private Message to jasonfoxDirect Link to This Post
CCIE on madmechanics forum and here was looking.
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post
I saw a thread on here where someone shipped a Getrag in one of those rubbermaid containers. Can't find it right now though. Looked like he jsut blocked it up inside the container so it couldn't move around.
Chandler5192

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chandler5192Send a Private Message to Chandler5192Direct Link to This Post
If you were not so far away i would be VERY interested in it. If you do find out anything on shipping and it would be reasonable let me know.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I have shipped many 5 speeds....I have always grabbed a heavy carbboard box from work, cut a piece of plywood for bottom, shrink wrapped the trans, put in box then fill with expanding foam. UPS will ship it for around $125 or so....You can also fit the other parts in the same box wrapped and foamed in...The wieght ends up being about 110# or so....
sportcoupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sportcoupeSend a Private Message to sportcoupeDirect Link to This Post
^^ I agree that is the best method above. A rubbermade storage container may work well too.

Keep in mind UPS has a 75 lb. limit to residential addresses and 150 lb. limit to business addresses.
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jasonfox:

CCIE on madmechanics forum and here was looking.

I second this mike. He's doing a lambo body I think and wanting do q 3800sc/v8 getrag swap.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock