Started on: 07-23-2011 07:02 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Sage on 07-23-2011 08:56 PM
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
Looking for a flexplate for an 88' V6 2.8 install into an 86'GT. They are available from the parts houses, but thought I'd check here first.

Thanks & HAGO!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINDirect Link to This Post
have a 88 flywheel in great shap for standard car
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
flexplate= auto...flywheel=standard...yours wont work unless he is mistaken what he needs..tim
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
RULOOKIN, thismany is right, I need a flexplate to mate up to an automatic, thanks for your response though.

Advance can get it in 2 days for $50, just thought I'd try here first, I'd rather give the money to somebody in the Fiero community, unless it's going to cost more for a used one!

HAGO!
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
Is that $50 a shipped price? If so, I would probably go new unless it is made in China.

I have one I would be willing to send you for the cost of shipping, but I have no idea how much this will cost. Because of the weight, I am guessing it will probably be about $20. Came out of a Formula I parted out. Need the torque converter with it, or just the flexplate? Let me wander out to the garage and verify it is in good shape before you jump on this...I just separated the tranny from the engine this morning.

Edit to add: of course it is a shipped price...you said Advance, not Rockauto. I have a box from my flywheel for shipping, and I am going to the Post Office on Monday anyway.

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 07-23-2011).]

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageDirect Link to This Post
CP: Yes, you are right, that is the price out the door. I have no idea where they are made, but it seems just about everything these days is from China, so it wouldn't surprise me to find out that's where they're getting them. Provided you deem it in useable condition, I would much rather have the one you offer. The flywheel box should be about perfect, just let me know how much you need, and how you want payment. You can PM me or email me sage@suddenlink.net and I'll give you my address then.

Thanks a bunch, what you have sounds perfect for my application, and no I don't need the converter, already have a good one. Am putting an 88 engine (from a formula!) into an 86GT, and the flexplate from the 86 won't work on the 88 engine. Unless you know of some reason that the converter from the 86 won't work on the 88 flexplate, like I said, I only need the plate.

LMK what's up when you get a chance.

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 07-23-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock