7730 ECU with pigtails by TurboGt
Started on: 07-21-2011 04:34 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: TurboGt on 08-08-2011 03:51 PM
TurboGt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2011 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGtSend a Private Message to TurboGtDirect Link to This Post
I have a 7730 ECU out of a 90's J-body that I do not need anymore. It includes a short pigtail setup ~3-6"

$50 obo + shipping

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TurboGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2011 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGtSend a Private Message to TurboGtDirect Link to This Post
bump.....

Make me an offer.
TurboGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGtSend a Private Message to TurboGtDirect Link to This Post
Bump.....
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
Out of what J body? was it a 6cyl so it has the correct memcal installed? can you open it and post the numbers off of the memcal?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
The four letters to the right of the sticker should be the MEM/CAL that is installed in it. I can't however read what they say.

This link will get you the year/car/ECM/BCC code

http://www.google.com/url?s...3EBw&usg=AFQjCNFapkI 9w0L0_CWXp2z3km6eSuXNLg&cad=rja
TurboGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGtSend a Private Message to TurboGtDirect Link to This Post
phonedawgz, thanks for the link

The 4 Letters on the ECU are AKDN but I couldn't find those in that spread sheet.

I pulled the unit while I was in the junk yard a while ago and do remember that was off a J-body with a 2.8l but cant remember if it was a auto or manual.

So I opened it up and here is what I found....
BCC: ARCD
Year: 1989
Release Date: 32470
Eprom: 16134602
ECM: 1227730
Prom ID: 4603
Scan ID: 4581
Platform: AB
Engine: LB6
Disp. : 2.8
Trans: ME9
Trans Type: AUTO
Gear Ratio: GX3

ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
If auto/manual has no effect if I can get the memcal reprogrammed, Ill take it. Let me search through Ryan's 7730 conversion thread and get back to you.
TurboGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGtSend a Private Message to TurboGtDirect Link to This Post
I did some digging at lunch and it looks like it shouldn't matter if the memcal is for an auto or manual.

If you still want the ECU send me a PM and I will send you my paypal address.

third post from the bottom
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000088-4.html

Originally posted by What about Bob:

Ryan, now I�m wondering, is there a preferred 7730 to use for my totally stock 87 GT 5 speed? One from a manual trans Beretta or manual trans Camerobird?. Or doesn�t the transmission (or even engine) of the donor car matter?

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

If you get the chip out of this ECM reprogrammed, it doesn't matter if the car it came out of had a manual or auto trans. And you will need to have it reprogrammed if you get the ECM out of a DIS-equipped car like a Beretta or a Camaro/Firebird that had the VATS (pass-key) option
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post
If auto/manual has no effect if I can get the memcal reprogrammed, Ill take it. Let me search through Ryan's 7730 conversion thread and get back to you.
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckDirect Link to This Post

ConvictedRedneck

1034 posts
Member since Nov 2005
Sorry, double post. D*mn smartphones. I must have sent u a PM as you were typing that response lol. Thanks for the research tho! Ill definitely take it.
TurboGt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2011 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TurboGtSend a Private Message to TurboGtDirect Link to This Post
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock