Started on: 06-17-2011 07:38 AM
Replies: 31
Last post by: whodeanie on 09-30-2011 03:10 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
A good friend of mine is selling his road race car. it is an 88 notch back with a 3.4 and lots of extra mods done.
he is asking 3500 OBO and trust me this is way less than what is in the car. it can be reconverted to street with minor work if you wish.
here are the pictures.
PM me if you are intrested.
D.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by R Runner (edited 06-17-2011).]

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post06-17-2011 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Not that it matters much, but is it my imagination or are the front wheels on the right side and rear wheels on the left?
cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Not that it matters much, but is it my imagination or are the front wheels on the right side and rear wheels on the left?

No it has 87 wheels on it, I can see the lip on both sides front and rear.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I saw this car yesterday. The owner has spent several years getting it sorted and making it competitive.

The engine build has been well documented, here on this forum.

Link - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-2-069539.html

Quotes from the thread.

"Well, the numbers are finally in. The 3.4 with the modified Fiero intake plenum dynoed at 172 hp and 211.3 Ft pounds of torque..."

"Engine mods include:

3.4 from Camaro
.030 over bore
3.4 TDC pistons
heads and block milled to yield 9.5 compression ratio
crank machined for .005 oil clearance
rods balanced then rotating mass balanced to 10K
ARP rod bolts
windage tray
high volume oil pump
Crane h272 cam retarded 4*
Valve springs matched to cam and height set to Crane spec
multi angle valve grind
double roller timimg set
custom headers 3 into 1 on each bank. 1 5/8 X 26" primaries w/ 3" collectors
head intake and exhaust ports gasket matched
3qt Accusump (oil accumulator)
external fuel pressure regulator
inline fuel pump (feeds up to 300hp)
19# injectors
MSD coil
Taylor Thundervolt 10mm spark plug wires

That pretty well covers the engine mods. No porting or polishing was done inside the head. I did not expect the modified intake to flow sufficient air to warrent the expenditure."

"I forgot to mention the middle and lower intake was ported and matched by Darrell Morse. I do not have actual flow numbers. However we cam come up with a fair approximation. Orief 200+ hp engine was with a 390cfm carb. Using a 15% loss this would be 230 at the crank. A stock 3.4 flows 360cfm and makes 160 at the crank. With a 15% loss this is 136whp. I dynod 172whp. Again using 15% loss I would have 197.8 at the crank.
...Just a wild guess"

"The heads were not touched except for a five angle valve job. Not even port matched at intake or exhaust. This engine acts just like a 3.4 with a Fiero intake except instead of running out of air at 4800rpm it runs out of air at 6100rpm."

Hope this helps a bit.

Originally posted by cooguyfish:
No it has 87 wheels on it, I can see the lip on both sides front and rear.

The car had a set of Enkeis and race tires(?) on it yesterday. I think it comes with those instead of the 87s. Whodeanie would know for sure.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-19-2011).]

timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
If I had the cash I would be talking a road trip with a trailer right now to get this. I have been thinking of getting back into racing and this is a great deal for what it is. It looks like everything is there to satisfy almost all tracks and race safety rules.

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's an awesome race Fiero, wish I had the cash. I wonder how much it weighs.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Wow, that's an awesome race Fiero, wish I had the cash. I wonder how much it weighs.

There's a label on the roof that says 2600 lbs.
I'm not sure if that's exact, or a class maximum or minimum.
It has to be at least 200 lbs less than a stock Fiero. I believe all the glass, other than the windshield, has been removed or replaced with lexan.
The interior has been gutted except for the dash. The wheelwell liners and rocker moldings have been removed.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 06-20-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
the car is now at the shop. this is one very nice car. it has loads of power.
the parts alone would cost way more than the car is selling for. a few more things on the car that I did not post are it has coilovers on all 4 as well as HHP swaybars.
the fuel cell is up front.
if you need any other pics of it just let me know and I will post them.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
this car is a steal for some one. I have driven it and it is a blast if I had the time and money to spare to go play at the track I would be all over it myself.
bump for a great deal.
D.
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
I wish it were closer to me as I'm looking for something like that. The problem is that I can't buy it sight-unseen because I'm not sure I could comfortably fit in the car with the cage.

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo 11.367@121.03mph
FOR SALE
GM Tuners

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

I wish it were closer to me as I'm looking for something like that. The problem is that I can't buy it sight-unseen because I'm not sure I could comfortably fit in the car with the cage.

it is not that hard to get in and out of I am 5'10" and 190 and I can get in and out fine and once you are in it has tones of room. Chuck the owner is even biger than I am.
the reason we have it at the shop is because I am always here so people can come and see it. I know you are way up north but you are always welcome to come down.
this car is worth way more than he is selling it for but like many others he has fallen on hard times and needs to part with it. I will tell you this car is fast and handles like it is on rails.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2011 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
bump for the weekend
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
well the owner of the car asked me to lower the price.

I will say this the car can be made street leagle with not that much work and it is one hell of a quick car that handles.
this car is worth way more than this price but with the way things are it needs to go.

$ 3000 is the new price. you can see the car at my shop.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
still have it. bump.
this car can be setup for street as well with minor work if that is what you wish. headlights and a muffler and it can be driven on the street.
D.

3k for this car is a steal it has way more than that in the motor alone.
Zimmerator

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZimmeratorSend a Private Message to ZimmeratorDirect Link to This Post
and what about the brakes ?
Thanks
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I would venture a guess that the brakes are as sturdy as the rules will allow.

I know the owner. He didn't play around when building the car.
ManMadeChickens

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2011 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post
2400-2500 lbs is a pretty good estimate of weight- our '86 GT racer in pretty similar preparation is 2500 on the dot. Of course, it has fastback panels and such, which is a bit heavier.

For what it's worth, this car would make a nice ChumpCar/Lemons car, too. It already has a cage, seat, and a lot of the safety mods you'd need to race it in an amateur series.

And for those worrying about the cage, it's completely do-able. I'm 6' and 280lbs and fit in a Fiero with a more restrictive cage. So long as the door still opens, it's not bad to get in and out of... if the door is closed shut, the window opening size makes things kind of interesting.

[This message has been edited by ManMadeChickens (edited 08-26-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I saw this car in person and whodeanie cranked it up for me while i was at his shop a couple of weeks ago and i was like WHOA !

That thing is incredible.

Defiantly worth every penny.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
Ok all here is the deal on the car. we have pulled all the stickers off of it and are cleaning it up a bit.
we will be installing a muffler and headlights on the car as well this way it can be driven on the street.
the price will still stay them same but you will be getting more car. I can not tell you how much fun this car is. we run it up and down the complex at the shop and it is fast.
this car would make someone a great roadrace car or even auto x.

some more info on it that most may not know.

it has a custom built 3.4, headers and way more than I could list. it has just over 200 hp at the wheels
and has custom coilovers on all 4 corners. the car has been balanced using race scales and has the fuel cell up front.
I can get any pics you would like on the car but please only if you are intrested in buying it. I do not have lots of time to take tones of pics and post them.
thanks, Dean

Logan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganDirect Link to This Post
If i had $3000 dollars! i would turbo it! then take it to the track!
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2011 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Ok all here is the deal on the car. we have pulled all the stickers off of it and are cleaning it up a bit.
we will be installing a muffler and headlights on the car as well this way it can be driven on the street.
the price will still stay them same but you will be getting more car. I can not tell you how much fun this car is. we run it up and down the complex at the shop and it is fast.
this car would make someone a great roadrace car or even auto x.

some more info on it that most may not know.

it has a custom built 3.4, headers and way more than I could list. it has just over 200 hp at the wheels
and has custom coilovers on all 4 corners. the car has been balanced using race scales and has the fuel cell up front.
I can get any pics you would like on the car but please only if you are intrested in buying it. I do not have lots of time to take tones of pics and post them.
thanks, Dean

ok now that it is street legal, could you say it would make a Trip from GA to MI?? fly in and drive home

and maybe a photo of the car all cleaned up with the lights. consider me interested pending a few questions....

thanks in advance

Daniel-
Mera X

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I am sure it would not be a fun ride with no windows it would also need street tires.
we are making the car so it can be driven on the street but the laws from state to state very. and keep in mind that it is still a race car not a road trip car.
D.
ManMadeChickens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManMadeChickensSend a Private Message to ManMadeChickensDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

ok now that it is street legal, could you say it would make a Trip from GA to MI?? fly in and drive home

Just because it's got lights and such does not mean it's registered, insured, and legal. I'm all for the adventure, but would hate to see someone get this car impounded trying to drive it roughly 700 miles.
racer14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racer14Send a Private Message to racer14Direct Link to This Post
Is the 3400 legal in SCCA Improved Touring?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2011 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by racer14:

Is the 3400 legal in SCCA Improved Touring?

I think that is the class he was running the car in yes.
but if asked it is a 2.8 LOL! not real sure on that one. gray area I think.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
here is a pic of the car as it is now. we pulled all the stickers off of it.
D.

TG oreiF 8891

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TG oreiF 8891Send a Private Message to TG oreiF 8891Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

and has custom coilovers on all 4 corners.

That's a steal, but there's no way I could get away with buying it, no place, no time, etc. However, I'd love to know how the owner did coilovers on the '88 front? I know you said no pictures unless interested, but I'm sure there are more than a few people who would like to know how to do coilovers on the front of an 88.

Tom

------------------
1988 Fiero GT
Custom Corvette / MR2 electro-hydraulic power steering
17" rims covering up 11.25" rotors with Cadillac Calipers & drop spindles

punkguy0017

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for punkguy0017Send a Private Message to punkguy0017Direct Link to This Post
is he willing to trade for23 troy ounces of silver?
snakeskinner1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snakeskinner1Send a Private Message to snakeskinner1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by punkguy0017:

is he willing to trade for23 troy ounces of silver?

Total silver value is $954.73.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2011 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
we can take no less than 3000 for the car and at that he is loosing over 1/2 of what was done to it.

as far as the coilover front we have the design drawings and I may decide to produce them for sale soon but I have other projects that we need to get done first.
D.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2011 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
posted up on Ebay now.
it needs a good home.
D.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...id=p3984.m1555.l2649

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock