Started on: 06-08-2011 04:20 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: RWDPLZ on 06-09-2011 07:47 PM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Selling the leftover parts from when I built coilovers.

Two QA1 10" 300lb springs, 10-300 - these were WAY too stiff on my car, with the crappy roads around here, but the car handled great with them installed. I know some people are running 400+ lb springs, though. They have about 10 minutes or 4 miles driven on them, $55 shipped

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HAL-10-300/

Four A-1 Racing coilover nuts, A1-12460-B8 - these DO NOT have the set screws, but you could drill and tap one of the dimples and add one. $25 shipped

http://shop.a1racing.com/coiloverkits.aspx?page=2

Here's what the springs look like installed with a 7" sleeve:

And on the car, as low as I could get the car to sit (the car would go lower, but my jack wouldn't)

Or $75 shipped for the springs and nuts.

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
interested in these ..was your car stock with the 2.8 when u tried the 300lb springs?? just curious what these will act like with my 3.8sc manual set up...first in line..thanks tim
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Slightly modified suspension with the iron duke. I completely rebuilt the rear suspension when I put these on: polyurethane control arm bushings, Rodney's ball joints and inner tie rods, Moog outer tie rods, struts used were Sachs (DO NOT reccommend, BTW).
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

interested in these ..was your car stock with the 2.8 when u tried the 300lb springs?? just curious what these will act like with my 3.8sc manual set up...first in line..thanks tim

300 should be a great match for a 3800 from what I've read- on the softer end of the spectrum.

And out of curiosity, why don't you recommend that brand?

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 06-08-2011).]

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

300 should be a great match for a 3800 from what I've read- on the softer end of the spectrum.

And out of curiosity, why don't you recommend that brand?

WAY too harsh, I even tried a second set with the stock springs. THAT might have been the problem, but I didn't have another $200 to buy a third set of KYB's.
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i will take it all just drop me paypal info or preferred method of payment..thanks tim
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RWDPLZ:

WAY too harsh, I even tried a second set with the stock springs. THAT might have been the problem, but I didn't have another $200 to buy a third set of KYB's.

Thanks for the tip.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thismanyfieros:

i will take it all just drop me paypal info or preferred method of payment..thanks tim

PM sent!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock