Beware of seller: gambler85 by mtownfiero
Started on: 05-15-2011 01:00 AM
Replies: 18
Last post by: mtownfiero on 05-17-2011 12:25 AM
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure if this should go here or not but anyways..

A few weeks ago I purchased some parts, a turbo, section of a crossover, and dump pipe, from gambler85 aka Mark Krusmark. The seller wanted me to pay very quickly which I supposed is understanable because other people were interested. However, I paid for the items on a Wednesday night and was told they would be shipped no later than that Friday and I would have a tracking number emailed to me. That did not happen, after a few emails from me and an email from paypal saying my payment had not been claimed, Mark finally emailed me back on Sunday saying things had come up and I would now have a tracking number by 10:30 a.m Monday. Ok, after hearing nothing again until Tuesday night I asked for my money back if the item had not been shipped because I felt like I had been fair but the lack of communication I got after I sent money was unreasonable at this point. My stuff had actually already been shipped.

When I recieved the parts I was not pleased. A turbo with interal waste gate, a tgp crossover, and a section of dump pipe, had been shipped in a USPS box from Minnesota I believe to Mass without any padding. Needless to say there were holes in the box from the parts banging around and two bolts were missing. Two bolts is no big deal really but the o2 sensor on the turbo was also broken. Further more the turbo which was described as "tight and still spinning freely," did not. The shaft does have play and to say the the turbo spins freely is optimistic in the least.

When I explained to the seller what happened and how displeased I was I asked that my money be returned and he pay shipping back to get his parts back. He basicly darted around the situation for days to tell me that "No, you can just keep it," meaning I would not get my money back or anything.

I just think other people should watch out for this person because his behavior as a seller is aweful. I have bought many other things from multiple different people on this forum and never had a problem until now.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierogt27

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt27Send a Private Message to fierogt27Direct Link to This Post
This is just further more a reason we should have a system like ebay's. Im sorry that your parts are messed up and hope that you didn't pay too much for them, and most of them are still usable.

Just wait, this will be in the trash can soon. lol
Brians86SE

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Brians86SESend a Private Message to Brians86SEDirect Link to This Post
Did you file a claim with paypal?
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogt27:

This is just further more a reason we should have a system like ebay's. Im sorry that your parts are messed up and hope that you didn't pay too much for them, and most of them are still usable.

The site already does, its listed right under your user name.

Originally posted by Brians86SE:

Did you file a claim with paypal?

If not also with PP, but if you used your credit card to pay for it you may want to get them involved.

GL w/ it; I've been there before and it really does suck.

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post

I would file a claim with paypal today. If you explain to them what happened, how the item was described, and the fact that they are not what was described, they will more than likely get you your money back.

I have done it. The important thing is to file ASAP. You only have a small window like 30 days or so to file. Now it might take a few weeks but and there isn't a time limit on that, but get filed within that window and you should be good.
BOBBY D

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BOBBY DSend a Private Message to BOBBY DDirect Link to This Post
Yep fie a claim with paypal. Let them know item was not as described. I have had to do that and it worked for me.
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
File claim w/ cc ASAP
Also file claim w/ PP ASAP; let them know the items were not as described and also damaged from improper packing. I hope you sent the PP money as goods and not cash. If sent as cash, your screwed... It is important you tell PP the items were not as advertised; merely saying they were damaged will get you no where, they will pass it off the the shipper (UPS/USPS)...

You have 45 days to open the case w/ PP
gambler85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gambler85Send a Private Message to gambler85Direct Link to This Post
the guy who bought the turbo from me got eight pictures of the turbo and the exhaust stuff that came with it. he says the turbo doesnt free spin but it is not a ball bearing turbo in does have some friction. it is from 1990's technology. i deal with alot of turbo and have friends that have that exact turbo and they said it spun fine. he had the pictures before money was sent to me and he said " that is exactly what i need for my project". i cant help that fact the two bolts were missing. and how hard is ti to get two bolts from a hardware store if you say you are working on a project. it was not a bolt bolt together deal. if you were actually anyone that took time in your said "projects", then you would not be supposedly pissed about teo bolts missing. also the o2 sensor was broken in the picture i sent you before you sent money and yet you insisted on having the porduct. a one wire o2 sensor from any parts store is around $10. or if you want and series 1 3800 has the same o2 sensor. it is people like you that makes it hard for people to sell stuff because every time you get somthing you pick it apart already knowing what it was like before you purchased it. go ahead and make a claim because i have the e-mails and pictures that i sent you snd there is no case. and i have already made statement to that to payapl.
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
check my fee back and see that i have never had a problem with things in the past. the o2 sensor was slighlty damaged in you pircs it was snapped off when it got here. you dont even have the common sense to wrap heavy metal objects. i could not spin the turbo from looking at pics that was you word. i did not complain about the other parts. i have your emails the post and the pictures of the stuff recieved.
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post

mtownfiero

1779 posts
Member since Mar 2007
funny too how the emails had stopped and now your all ears. like i said before i just want my money back and you can have your parts.
jreigner

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jreignerSend a Private Message to jreignerDirect Link to This Post
Ive been down this road with ebay/paypal. Heres whats going to happen. You received your part- you received payment - end of transaction. Quality of part is not a factor. They only care you received the model or brand part as said, but also you havent sold this through ebay, so even less attention to this will be spent. Save your anger - life is short, just buy smarter next time.
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jreigner:

Ive been down this road with ebay/paypal. Heres whats going to happen. You received your part- you received payment - end of transaction. Quality of part is not a factor. They only care you received the model or brand part as said, but also you havent sold this through ebay, so even less attention to this will be spent. Save your anger - life is short, just buy smarter next time.

The truth has been spoken. Better not to waste time over this.
gambler85

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gambler85Send a Private Message to gambler85Direct Link to This Post
well im sorry that you cant spin the turbo if that is the case, then if you send me a video of said action with the turbo then maybe we can work something out. i can give you back the money if that is it and you give me back the turbo. i will rebuild it and do with it what i want. i was under the impression that the turbo just spun with some friction according to the words i got from you. e-mail me when you get the vidoe and maybe we can work something out.
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
No problem I sent you a video from my cell. It spins with friction and stops quickly. What concerns me more though is the sound it makes on the exhaust side which you can hopefully hear. I emailed you back so hopefully it gets sorted out.
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jreigner:

Not true any more. Last year the rules were changed so "Not As Described" can be used even if you didn't go through EBay.
billybad5

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 05:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billybad5Send a Private Message to billybad5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadDanceSkillz:

Not true any more. Last year the rules were changed so "Not As Described" can be used even if you didn't go through EBay.

yeah a guy i work with got his money back because a part had scatches on it and it was described as "new" condition.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mtownfiero:

No problem I sent you a video from my cell. It spins with friction and stops quickly. What concerns me more though is the sound it makes on the exhaust side which you can hopefully hear. I emailed you back so hopefully it gets sorted out.

For what its worth, even a brand new turbo with journal bearings (like what you purchased) only makes about 1-2 revolutions when you spin the compressor nut with your finger.
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

For what its worth, even a brand new turbo with journal bearings (like what you purchased) only makes about 1-2 revolutions when you spin the compressor nut with your finger.

x2 thats normal. I've never had a ball bearing turbo so I'm not going to say if they spin freely for awhile or not. I would assume they do though. but this purchase wasnt for a BB turbo anyway
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
The issue looks to be resolved between gambler85 and myself, so all is well .

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock