Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: 2 Indys; 1 SD4 5 speed getrag 18k miles, and a stock 4 speed parts car, $5k

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FS: 2 Indys; 1 SD4 5 speed getrag 18k miles, and a stock 4 speed parts car, $5k by FieroMonkey
Started on: 05-12-2011 07:08 PM
Replies: 38
Last post by: KurtAKX on 08-18-2011 09:21 AM
FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
***MORE PICS AND VIDEO POSTED BELOW***

(EDIT: Will trade for a decent running 1966 - 1973 Ford Bronco 4X4)

Hello, I am done with Fieros, all of my collection are all going, starting with these 2 Indy's. $5,000 for both.

first one is an 18k original mile Indy with a Superduty motor and 1988 getrag 5speed. Had 14k miles on it when i bought it.

It has lowering springs on all 4 wheels, polly, koni's, heavy front sway bar and a rear link sway bar and genuine Centerline rims just like those used on the original 3 Pace cars at Indy (without the custom wheel covers of course).

Superduty 4 Motor (under 10k miles on it since built by huffaker back in the 80's i was told) is managed by an MSD ignition and fuel management computer which has adjustable idle and such in cockpit. Computer also has link cable for a portable computer link up. This motor has the aluminum 433 Super Duty head with jessel roller rockers and a rare kinsler 4 port fuel injected intake. I was told this motor is a 3.0 but have no way to confirm.

I have the original full length port tubes which can be reinstalled but would require 4 holes in the decklid similar to the air cleaner set up on the Mr. Goodwrench race Fiero which has the same intake. Currently there are 4 down angle tubes which place the air cleaner in the trunk via a hole in the firewall. Original K&N Super Duty 4 air cleaner.

This was my daily driver for the last year and was a really fast kick in the rear to drive. The starter grenaded and has broken a tooth off of the flywheel. I parked it and have done nothing with it sense that happened. I bought a new starter, but when i saw the missing tooth on the flywheel i never bothered to install it. that was about 1 month ago.

It is still currently registered and insured in my name in CA. Paint is in decent shape but is not show quality. Notchback clip paint is probably in the worst shape out of all the body panels. It did have a full tube header on it with straight exhaust which was too loud for street use so i put on a stock exhaust which quieted the motor down a lot, but did hamper some hp. However, even with stock exhaust the fiero is still very very fast.

Interior is in pretty nice shape. Drivers seat bolster has a small hole and the red parts of the seat are a bit sun faded on the passenger seat (but the bolsters are perfect on the pass seat and the red parts of the drivers seat are nice and deep red). This car will not pass CA smog unless you register it in a small town like mine where smog is not required (or have a smog friend i suppose). This is a fully race built motor (and the 88 getrag trans i was told as well, though i have no way to confirm that), but with an intake change and an exhaust mod for EGR it could be made fully street legal in all 50 states.

This is a really rare collection of parts on this car. Probably the closest you can get to one of the real pace cars without a lot of parts hunting and a lot of $$$$.

If a new starter was installed on this it will probably start, but with a tooth missing on the flywheel you would be playing russian roulette with the starter and no garantee you would get it to start before the new starter went bye bye. just plan on trailering it home.

Second Indy (Indy #300 on the indy VIN list) is an 85k original mile 4 speed indy. The fuel pump went out on this one and i parked it. Also the starter will not turn over anymore on this one from sitting for so long (my luck with indy starters is becoming legend)

With a starter and the portable fuel pump that I have, this car will start and drive well. Paint is shot on it and as you can see the decklid is from an 88. Door panels are missing on this one and the steering wheel is not original. It also is missing the indy seats (has covered GT seats in it). This one I have been keeping as a parts car but it could be restored easilly as it needs very little mechanically and passed smog like a champ every time. The car is registered in my name but has not had fees paid since 2004 in CA. Also, the forum member and old friend that i bought it from mistakenly signed the lein holder portion of the title when i bought it from him. There is no shady past with this issue, he simply signed the wrong part and i never got around to fixing the issue since i knew him and didnt plan on ever selling the car back then. I can give the buyer his full name, number and address as well as his PFF name so that he can help set the title straight for you.

I have not talked to him in about 4 years, but he still lives in town here at the same address.

If you dont care to sort out the title this car can be used as a great source of parts for another Indy. I just want them both gone together.

$5,000 for both Indy Fieros. Honestly, the Superduty engine alone is worth what i am asking for both cars. I will not budge on the price. If you want only the SD4 indy the price is still $5,000, the second indy is a bonus.

PM or email

thank you,
-Michael

I have since added the correct Indy door decals to the SD4 indy. The SD4 Indy is the lowered one in the pics with teh centerline wheels, the stock parts indy is the one with the stock while wheels and red 88 deck lid. The SD4 Indy looks fantastic inside and out and engine bay when detailed, but both cars are really dirty and i didn't have the heart or time to clean them up for the pictures which dont do the SD4 indy justice. The stock indy looks about as bad as the pics make it look however (although the interior is nice).

old pic of the engine with the original straight tube intake runners and old hood with hole cut outs. the car has the original uncut indy decklid on it again.

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 06-05-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post

Quad GT

1613 posts
Member since Aug 2002
PM sent
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
Hell of a deal
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
i forgot to mention i have taken this to a couple San Diego Fiero club meets and has been seen by a few members as well as the SD fiero club president
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
if you still have them in a couple months I'll take them..... Any word on your widebody being sold?
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
The wide body Banshee with SD4 motor will be sold last, because it is the one farthest in the back of all my cars. I will need to sell my way to it....
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
Wish these would've gone on sale after summer, then I might've had a shot at picking them up! Good luck with the sale.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Wow, whoever picks these up will be getting a crazy deal. Good luck!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMonkey:

The wide body Banshee with SD4 motor will be sold last, because it is the one farthest in the back of all my cars. I will need to sell my way to it....

Let me know when that goes on sale.. i by the time it goes up i might be able to take it off your hands.

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
PFF
System Bot
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
Interested in seeing a pic of the Banshee... do you have one posted somewhere?
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 05-14-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
So jealous of the will-be new owners, If I had space for them- I'd buy em all =D
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
OMG I would sell everything I own for that widebody!
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post

is that a trueleo intake on the engine far right of the car? is that for sale?
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post

(EDIT: Will trade for a decent running 1966 - 1973 Ford Bronco 4X4)

How about a 1990 ford bronco 4x4? Good luck with the sale, great deal for someone.
old one

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for old oneSend a Private Message to old oneDirect Link to This Post
how much for the truelo?
Xantheon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XantheonClick Here to visit Xantheon's HomePageSend a Private Message to XantheonDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the hood with the cutouts to go with the alternate SD4 intake? Do you still have the straight exhaust as well? Does it use the same flywheel as the stock Fiero engines?

I'm across the country, so, if I bought it, I'd need to ship it. In that case, would you budge on selling the second car separately? Shipping one will cost quite enough, much less two...
Thanks!
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Xantheon:

Do you have the hood with the cutouts to go with the alternate SD4 intake? Do you still have the straight exhaust as well? Does it use the same flywheel as the stock Fiero engines?

I'm across the country, so, if I bought it, I'd need to ship it. In that case, would you budge on selling the second car separately? Shipping one will cost quite enough, much less two...
Thanks!

I did not save the hood for the straight intake runners as it was an 85 decklid and not original. I wanted the original 84 deck lid on the car. If you wanted to, you could install the straight runners and put holes in the 84 decklid that is on the car now and have the correct 84 decklid with matching numbers.

I did not keep the straight exhaust as it was too impractical for non ticketed street use where i live. All it was was the full length header that Hooker made a lot of for the 2.5 iron duke / SD4 motors (ther are still a lot around, they pop up on ebay and PFF occasionally) and then a single 90* angle pipe that connected from the header and then bent towards the back of the car. I do have a hooker header that has been cut close to the mounting plate that i can include with the car. An exhaust shop could weld exhaust runners onto it for you. The plate is the PITA part of header making, bending and welding runners is easy in my opinion.

I am not sure on the compatibility between the duke and SD4 flywheels (IIRC they are different at the crank, but not 100% sure) as I only have SD4 cranks on hand and no dukes not in a car to compare to. However, the flywheel on the SD4 now is low mile and clutches perfectly. All it needs is as new gear ring put on it which i'm sure is less expensive than buying a new flywheel. Since the fly wheel would need to be pulled off anyways it is just as much work to have it re-geared as replaced, so compatibility really doesn't matter. the outter diameter of the SD4 flywheel and duke flywheels are the same, so the same gear ring will be used, making flywheel ring gear replacement cheap.

I will sell just the SD4 indy, i wont the buyer take both.
Fierobsessed

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Dam you for doing this to me. I am now a highly conflicted individual.

My tax return was more than this. So I'm totally messed up in the head right now.

[This message has been edited by Fierobsessed (edited 05-17-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Whats going on with this sale?
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Still for sale
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeDirect Link to This Post
Thank god you are in california or my wife would be my ex and I would be living in that superduty indy, lol

What is it with everyone on pennocks selling their babies for ridiculously low prices?

If only I was rich so I could store more fieros. (dont ask how many I have, lol)
Quad GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2011 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey Luke we can always split the cost lol
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Sale pending,

But I got the SD4 Indy running via bump start, so here is a video i took today of it running and driving

and a few more still shots

here are a couple of the engine bay the last time I detailed it.

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 06-05-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
I enjoyed the vid . Can you tell me what wheels are on the indy? I keep seeing those floating around and like them, but haven't found out yet. Thanks and good luck.
FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I enjoyed the vid . Can you tell me what wheels are on the indy? I keep seeing those floating around and like them, but haven't found out yet. Thanks and good luck.

Thanks! The rims are vintage Centerline's. The same that were used on the real indy pace cars, only these do not have the polished aluminum, bolt on disc covers the original 3 have.

They are somewhat uncommon, but there are sets out there if you are patient

[This message has been edited by FieroMonkey (edited 06-06-2011).]

FieroG97J

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroG97JSend a Private Message to FieroG97JDirect Link to This Post
Just in case anyone got a large tax return, I have a NOS set of 5 of these Centerlines for $1500

dk
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroG97J:

Just in case anyone got a large tax return, I have a NOS set of 5 of these Centerlines for $1500

dk

Not to hijack, but what model are they more specifically? Thanks.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Not to hijack, but what model are they more specifically? Thanks.

They are Centerline Q series.
PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Thanks guys, and sorry to the OP.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post

Sale pending,

Did these cars sale?

I’m interest in the Wide Body SD4 when it comes up for sale
Joe 1320

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe 1320Click Here to visit Joe 1320's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe 1320Direct Link to This Post
interested in that wide body........

------------------
84 2.5
87 328 GTB replica
87 Coutach replica

FieroMonkey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
These Indy's are available still. Will be heading to ebay next week. PM or email me with questions or interest. If you arrange for an auto shipper I will help load them.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTDirect Link to This Post
Don't put them on eBay, PK is going to buy them!

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

if you still have them in a couple months I'll take them..... Any word on your widebody being sold?

Pondski

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PondskiSend a Private Message to PondskiDirect Link to This Post
Hey Monkey!

Nice cars!!

I like the centerlines on the one!

------------------
Thanks, Chris

C.Pond@rocketmail.com

Twilight Fenrir

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2011 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Twilight FenrirSend a Private Message to Twilight FenrirDirect Link to This Post
Damn you, why must you be in California? T.T I want that SD4 Fiero! I could splice it with the T-top '84 I'm gonna go look at tomorrow and make the most awesome Fiero ever T.T
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2011 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post
Any chance you'd be willing to trade for a package of 2005 Crown Vic, 1992 GMC 1/2 ton pickup, and poor-condition 84 Indy with a non-functional TH125 in it?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock