Started on: 05-06-2011 07:50 PM
Replies: 26
Last post by: Niterrorz on 05-23-2011 03:00 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Updates as of 5/22/11 listed below!

I really hate these "Gauging Interest" for sale threads - the car is either for sale or it's not - right? Anyway, I thought I'd throw these out here on PFF to see if anyone was interested before I post them on CL and EBay. The reason for the sale? I have a strong desire to start a new project and I need to thin the herd - a lot - before I can even start it so here goes.

First on the block is my 88 Coupe with the XTC body. I will add a few threads at the bottom. I will try and keep this short but I will list what has been done and what I think needs to be done to the car.

Again, it's an 88 Coupe that started life with a Duke/Auto, In the last year or so, the car has been nearly completely rebuilt. It has 80+k on the clock and I have a free and clear Texas title in my name in hand. Asking 4500.00

The good!

93 Cad - 4.9/4spd auto w/external oil and trans coolers
Trunk Mounted Battery
Full poly suspension
New "Sachs" Shocks & Struts
Rodney's Zero lash sway bar links
New rear bearings - axles rebuilt, etc.
All new E Brake Cables.
New drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads
Momo Wheels with new tires - approx 5k miles on the tires
Rebuilt door hinges
remote Power door locks
Interior is in fair to better condition
Custom built short auto shifter
Sony Xplod system
Back up camera
Custom lo pro headlights/fogs/driving lights - head light motors have been rebuilt with RD's bushings.
Custom cold air intake setup with decklid scoops

What it needs:
AC is complete - have the custom lines for the comp - just needs installed and charged - will most likely have that completed in the next week or so.
Headliner is complete but could use a redo to make it nice.
Needs some cosmetic work on the exterior - years of door dings/chips, etc need reparied and a good paint job.

The car rus and drives great - I would not hesitate to take it across counrty.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000102.html

Second Fiero on the block is my 86 Coupe with a 350 SBC. I have a lot of time in this car. It was one of my "dream" cars to have/build. It was a great project and I love this car - I just can't keep it and start another project so it has to go. Aking 4500.00.

The goods:

Fresh (under 250 miles) 350 4 bolt (1970) bored .030 over. All new internals, Heads worked with new valves & springs, comp cam, etc. etc. In stock form this is a 300HP rated motor. With cam and intake, headers, etc I would guess it's 330 plus? It is using an Archie kit with a few "upgrades" including Meziere remote H20 pump, Patriot headers, solid trans mounts. low mount Alternator setup. The trans is a 4 speed with recent seals and bearings. New Heavy Duty clutch/pressure plare and TB. Has new g\Gabrial shocks/struts, new rotors and pads, braided steel flex lines, cut but useable trunk, custom exhaust using a "Banks" muffler. 16" Baretta Z26 wheels and newer tires (under 4k). Custom extractor rad scoop. Custom rear deklid with scoop. Custom interiror with all fiberglass center console, ac surround. Short shifter, custom aftermarket gauge pod, etc. Car has 47+k. This is a carburated car - no electronics to mess with. Just installed new MSD cap and rotor and an Acel Hi voltage coil pack. New windshield. I have new DIY Stu Dew wipes to install. This car runs very strong and is a blast to drive. No overheating issues. No running issues. fires right off.

What it needs:

It needs a "bypass" regulator - it is on order and I will install it once it gets here.
Somones personal touch - the paint is original but is not fading or peeling - it has a few chips and the hood/scoop work is in primer and could be painted factory white to match. This car needs basically nothing to make it a fun toy. I have been driving it daily since the new motor went in - I'd drive it anywhere except it is not the most economical Fiero! This car has the AC and heater deleted but could be reinstalled if someone wanted it.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000108.html

I also have a 1947 Checy truck and a 1970 Chevy Monte Carlo for sale - if anyone is interested in details/pics, let me know. If you are interested, it's best to email me: katatak@live.com or reply in this thread as I will link it to my email. I'm really not interested in any trades - need cash for the next big project. Thanks for your time!

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-23-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
This is a bit shocking. This has to be one huge project for you to sell all four of your projects. If I had money laying around I'd be interested in that Monte Carlo! Good luck with the sale(s)!

[This message has been edited by mattwa (edited 05-06-2011).]

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Say it aint so Pat!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
As sad as I am to do it, it's got to happen to put another notch in my "bucket list".
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

As sad as I am to do it, it's got to happen to put another notch in my "bucket list".

Ohhhhh noooooooo..........Pat, did you reach that age where you are required to have a Corvette?
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Ohhhhh noooooooo..........Pat, did you reach that age where you are required to have a Corvette?

I'll still have the Formula - just need to raise funds to build my next dream machine - I have always wanted a Cobra. I've come to realize that crawling around on the garage floor is getting harder and harder to do. I figure I need to get after it now before I get to the point where I can't. I am actually leaning toward the Factory 5 Daytona Coupe. I'll never be ble to afford a "real" one at 10 million bucks so why not build my own?

Pat
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Pat,
I thought the same thing… Corvette LOL
I’m glad your dream car is the Cobra or Daytona Coupe, I love both of them.
With your skills and workmanship it will be one awesome project.

My Solstice Coupe at Daytona… not the same but fun anyway

Paul
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Pat,
I thought the same thing… Corvette LOL
I’m glad your dream car is the Cobra or Daytona Coupe, I love both of them.
With your skills and workmanship it will be one awesome project.

My Solstice Coupe at Daytona… not the same but fun anyway

Paul

Hey Paul,

Never been much of a Vette guy! I would however like to have a Solstice Coupe! I see a copper one running around in my neighborhood all the time and I just stop and drool. Of course I would have to paint it Blue with White stripes - I think it looks like what the Daytona Coupe would look like if it were built in the late 2k's.
josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Pat, I am not sure if you are aware of this place in Ft Worth, Lone Star Classics. They also build a spot on 53 Corvette kit along with the Cobra and other assorted Hot Rod kits.
http://www.lonestarclassics.com/index.cfm

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 05-07-2011).]

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
I will personally vouch for everything Pat has stated on both cars. When he builds something, it's done right. If you've ever wanted a V8 Fiero....either SBC or 4.9, here's the chance to buy one of either (or both!) that are turnkey and reliable.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

I'll still have the Formula - just need to raise funds to build my next dream machine - I have always wanted a Cobra. I've come to realize that crawling around on the garage floor is getting harder and harder to do. I figure I need to get after it now before I get to the point where I can't. I am actually leaning toward the Factory 5 Daytona Coupe. I'll never be ble to afford a "real" one at 10 million bucks so why not build my own?

Pat

Pat,

I am a HUGE fan of Factory Five, and I know for a fact the level of commitment and quality that they have in their products. You won't be disappointed.
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Pat,

While I am a little suprised I understand. As long as you keep at least one Fiero I am ok with the sell off. I just had a really nice 32k 04 Z06 you would have liked. I've got a 05 6.0 manual GTO with only 5k miles if you want to check that out. If you sell the whole fleet, I have an Inferno Orange ZR1 that would keep you entertained too.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
I really love XTC body kits... I so wish I had the money that would be mine. If it hangs around for a while I will begin devising schemes to find a way to get it. Do you take left nuts?
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Pat, I am not sure if you are aware of this place in Ft Worth, Lone Star Classics. They also build a spot on 53 Corvette kit along with the Cobra and other assorted Hot Rod kits.
http://www.lonestarclassics.com/index.cfm

Thanks for the link Joe! Very interesting reading.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Pat,

I am a HUGE fan of Factory Five, and I know for a fact the level of commitment and quality that they have in their products. You won't be disappointed.

Me too Hulki. There are a few here in El Paso - I have seen them at a few of the Cafiene and cars get togethers. Before I dive in, I have to talk one of the owners into letting me sit in one - sorta try it on for size kind of thing. I am leaning toward the Daytona Coupe - I have wanted one for a long time and have followed the story of the real ones for quite a few years. If I were about 10 years younger, I would like to attempt a "complete" build - fabbing the frame and all from raw material - just buy a body to bolt on but I just don't have that much energy or time.

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-08-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Pat,

While I am a little suprised I understand. As long as you keep at least one Fiero I am ok with the sell off. I just had a really nice 32k 04 Z06 you would have liked. I've got a 05 6.0 manual GTO with only 5k miles if you want to check that out. If you sell the whole fleet, I have an Inferno Orange ZR1 that would keep you entertained too.

Hey Rick - although that GTO sounds interesting, all I could do is drive it - I would not know what to do with a car that I could just drive and not have to wrench on every weekend.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by tbone42:

I really love XTC body kits... I so wish I had the money that would be mine. If it hangs around for a while I will begin devising schemes to find a way to get it. Do you take left nuts?

That's all I need - a third nut - I don't get to use the 2 I have very much now!
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
(Shaking piggy bank.....)
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

(Shaking piggy bank.....)

Now you have 2 choice's Phil! I'll cut you a deal on both.
dhobbs84sc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dhobbs84scSend a Private Message to dhobbs84scDirect Link to This Post
1970 monte carlo... its not an ss correct? if so.... ill give you everything i have right now lol... nice price on the xtc.. if i wanted one i would be all over it...
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dhobbs84sc:

1970 monte carlo... its not an ss correct? if so.... ill give you everything i have right now lol... nice price on the xtc.. if i wanted one i would be all over it...

Nope - not an SS! It is a console/bucket seat car. Has 47k original miles - no motor at the moment but a fresh one is in the works - needs some body and paint work - nothing major on the body work - Grandpa door dings but it sat under a tarp for 14 years so the paint is shot. Just finished rebuilding the front suspension - all the bushings were dry rotted. Got the parts for the rear. Hope to have it running and driving in the next month.
PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Now you have 2 choice's Phil! I'll cut you a deal on both.

I want the coupe. My Solstice should be at it's new home by Wednesday.
I'll be calling you shortly...

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L SOLD
73 Stingray L-82 4 speed
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
07 Suburban LT2
09 Avalanche LT3

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
i'm sure i could fly a plane no problem.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a Mother's day Package Deal?
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Hey Rick - although that GTO sounds interesting, all I could do is drive it - I would not know what to do with a car that I could just drive and not have to wrench on every weekend.

More time for Blue Moon's, Fat Tires, Union Breaks, plus the occasional cruise in the GTO If I did not have the "fleet" I would be looking very hard at it myself.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 05-09-2011).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Somebody better hurry up before I change my mind!

Put on your headphones and listen to that sweet V8 sound!

A little run at half throttle!

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Bumpers!

Some updates!

The XTC is headed for the paint shop in the AM - therefore, the price will be going up - if you hurry and buy the car, you can pick the color!

I have installed a new bypass regulator and fuel tank vent line with filter. Did another carb tune and the car runs even better. Just like the XTC, the more work I do will raise the price accordingly. Scheduled for the paint shop when the XTC is done!

Buy em now, save some money and finish yourself!

I need the cash as I have found a partially completed Factory Five Daytona Coupe project! I did sell the 47 truck and I need one more to go so I can have room for the Daytona!

V8 Coupe with new decklid!

Thanks for looking!

Pat

Edit to add: I want to take this:

To This:

Help me out please!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 05-23-2011).]

Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
post some pics of the monte! i love that first gen its sad but i fell in love with it when that kid owned the viper in fast and furious 3...... feel free to flame but that was awesome.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock