Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: white 85 Fiero GT with 1998 Grand Prix 3800 na Series 2 and stock 4 speed manual

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FS: white 85 Fiero GT with 1998 Grand Prix 3800 na Series 2 and stock 4 speed manual by MulletproofMonk
Started on: 05-06-2011 09:31 AM
Replies: 12
Last post by: MulletproofMonk on 06-07-2011 09:03 PM
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
===== Edit ======
Sold to steinke_andy
===============
Since I am dealing with putting my projects on hold because of a freak hail storm here that damaged both of my primary vehicles and house (some pictures here
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...4/HTML/057244.html), the price is lowered to $1,000 for awhile. If I get the time to complete the harness I'll raise it back up. I have a spread sheet with the rest of the connections that need completed.
I picked up a white 85 Fiero GT with a swapped 1998 Grand Prix 3800 n/a Series II motor and stock 4 speed manual transmission last fall. My intent was to finish it and sell it later. I ran out of time to finish my swap so I don't have time to finish this one too (plus I picked up another SC motor in between). The issue with the car was that the PO didn't have the title. I have it.

Previous owner started the swap and he installed:

Engine Seals/gaskets:
• Water bypass gasket
• Lower intake gasket set
• Valve cover gasket
• Oil Pan Gasket
• Throttle body gasket

Other Parts done:
• new Corvette fuel pump in a rust-free tank
• A/C delete pulley
• new clutch
• machined flywheel
• new rubber transmission mounts
• new rubber engine mount
• 16" wheels, one has a little rash, tires are okay
• springs cut in the front (looks like almost a 2" drop)

The negatives (in my opinion):
• Springs cut in the front (looks like almost a 2" drop). I think it is too much personally. It does look good but I don't know how practical it would be on the road.
• cracked taillights.
• missing vents.
• front hood has some minor damage and wouldn't latch when I brought it home. I haven't really looked at it.
• no trunk lock at all, made it fun to tow
• Drivers door handle needs replaced, it works but you have to hold the right side in. I have had a couple Fiero's like this.
• needs finished (coolant lines, wiring, exhaust)
• small rust in the trunk corner
• P.O. cut out the trunk to do a full exhaust
• it could probably use a paint job but the white doesn't look too bad. Most Fiero's could use one though...

Harness is about 90% done. See post below.

The interior is pretty nice. I was told that the car needed brake work by the PO, but it rolls fine. He may have pulled the pads. I will also throw in a white fastback clip if you want it. If there isn't any interest in the car I may part it out.

Asking $1,200

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 06-29-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Also I will get some new pictures tonight, the exterior pics aren't that old but I can never get that camera date to set right...

-Brian

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 05-27-2011).]

MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Updated the pictures and bump.
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
The wiring harness is about 90% done. Needs connections at C203, fuel pump relay, starter and grounds. Need power and grounds at PCM. Here are some pictures of the harness on and off the motor.

MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Since I am dealing with putting my projects on hold because of a freak hail storm here that damaged both of my primary vehicles and house (see the pictures here
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...4/HTML/057244.html), the price is lowered to $1,000 for awhile. If I get the time to complete the harness I'll raise it back up. I have a spread sheet with the rest of the connections that need completed.

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 05-28-2011).]

fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2011 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Dang dude. If I had an extra grand laying around I would be on my way there to get that right now
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2011 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Dang dude. If I had an extra grand laying around I would be on my way there to get that right now

Thanks Bobby. For the price you could move the setup over to another car and part this one out to recoup some or most of your money...
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Bump
steinke_andy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steinke_andySend a Private Message to steinke_andyDirect Link to This Post
I'm very interested in this car, and was wondering if there was an easier way for us to talk about it without having to keep re-posting on this page. I live about an hour away from you so I would be able to come out and look at it and talk in person if that works best. Let me know and I will keep checking back on here.

AS
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by steinke_andy:

I'm very interested in this car, and was wondering if there was an easier way for us to talk about it without having to keep re-posting on this page. I live about an hour away from you so I would be able to come out and look at it and talk in person if that works best. Let me know and I will keep checking back on here.

AS

PM sent
jagojay

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2011 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jagojaySend a Private Message to jagojayDirect Link to This Post
Heh, would buy it in a heartbeat if I knew how the heck to finish it lol
PFF
System Bot
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jagojay:

Heh, would buy it in a heartbeat if I knew how the heck to finish it lol

It can't be that hard if I am doing it...
Plus you have Jncomutt down there...
MulletproofMonk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
Dug up some vents to throw on the car and a engine cover that I was toying around with...

[This message has been edited by MulletproofMonk (edited 06-07-2011).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock